almost 4 weeks old

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

andrew_kirby

almost 4 weeks old

Post by andrew_kirby »

I have been trying to get a litter out of Scarlet for a few years now. Had timing problems on my side and problems/failed attempts last couple spring heat cylcles but this spring it was a last chance attempt and without a lot of optimism just figured that nothing would happen. But she took and after a emergency c section that we knew was going to probably have to happen due to the small red male being turned and blocking the canal she had 6. 3 male and 3 female and they all have survived so far. Id love to keep them all after the whole process but thats just not in the cards but am very happy that it ended up happening after all, they are getting into the fighting and playful stage now so pretty entertaining to see the personalities starting to come out. Still haven't narrowed down who is staying although I do have some favorites good news is so far all that are spoken for will being staying within close proximity so I can keep tabs on them and keep the blood close. The downside is Scarlet's 8 and with the previous difficulties they're wont be anymore directly out of her.

If pictures are to large let me know they seem fine on my screen but may be to large.

At day 2

Today... the big tri color female is missing in the bottom 2 pictures she followed Scarlet to other side

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: almost 4 weeks old

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Mighty Good looking pup. I have a white and tan female that has 8 pups, four white and 4 chocolate/tan/white, two weeks old.. I doc my pups tails at three days Briars so thick here in Ga. sure helps to doc about 1/4 to 1/2" inch off the tip of their tails.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Nice looking pups Andrew. You should have a lot of fun with them. Are they out of that Hog dog you like?

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

Ya the sire is LP R CH Lahti's Big Grunt which is out of HOF LP GR R CH Lahti's Brush Hog (aka Hog Dog) and Bill Gildersleeve's HOF LP GR R CH Rocky Ridge Libby and Grunt is a littlermate to HOF LP GR R CH Lahti's Super Sweet.

Scarlets side is similar to Grunts with her sire being out of Hog dog and Rocky Ridge Tess

These pups may never carry any titles but If nothing else hopefully they are solid rabbit dogs that do it right that's what I'm hoping for.

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Congrats Andrew!

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Congrats on the litter. I look for the one that doe's every thing first and is more aggressive.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

That's whay I normally go by! Good lookin pups!
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10