Anyone have a bad dog?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

warddog

Re: Anyone have a bad dog?

Post by warddog »

Hounds are JUST like people, NONE are perfect and ALL are with fault. Every living thing on this earth exist for a reason and I suspect that main goal is to sustain the species. ALL have differing means of doing so and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the other. Call it style or whatever but regardless of what it is, they all have the basic needs to be able to survive and regardless of the style and or faults of doing so in nature only the fittest will survive. Now comes man with his subjective OPINION and domesticates the dog only to find out that even then he can NOT produce the perfect one. I doubt mother nature will ever allow man to produce anything because when man gets involved they disrupt the rule of natural selection. Even people have this as some like them tall, some short, some fat, some skinny, some red headed, some brunette but we all like them, some just naturally better than others! That's why I say any dog that can circle a rabbit is a rabbit dog in my eyes although I do prefer some to others and I realize they ALL come with faults as the only perfect one is probably not of this earth!

Dale Pea

Post by Dale Pea »

Well, I've got a bad dog. He's too tall, never measured him but he must be 16. Another thing, man is he ugly. I don't mean with an overbite, or crooked legs, he just couldn't decide what color he was gonna be. He has blue tics on the very end of his tail, and a few around one side of his neck. His front legs are covered with red tics, the rest of him seems to be black and tan. Last, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body, until, someone around him goes into heat, then all bets are off. I guess, you could buy this dog, but he wont be cheap.

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

I have several kennels of junk dogs but the more I run them the more I hope they will improve! Lol
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

I drove several hundred miles across a couple of states to buy one when I was just getting into registered dogs. I didn't know any better and thought I had a nice dog. What I had bought was a real turd eater!!! He could run a rabbit but man could he absolutely POUND a turkey if it didn't fly and loved deer too! I gave him a way as a pet and burned his papers. It was from a long standing line that I thought I could trust but man was I glad to see that mouthy trash runner go!!! I was always told the best lessons are the ones you pay for. I learned my lesson with that one and am a lot more leery about buying started dogs!
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

jerwane

Post by jerwane »

All mine are bad, "to the bone"!

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

If you go somewhere to buy a dog and the person say there s nothing wrong with the dog. Leave he has just told a lie. Beware of buying a dog in his rabbit pen too. By all means don t buy a dog in a rabbit pen with a shock collar on. When selling a dog too. No trial doing hunting season.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Mine aren't great, but they don't quit. So I wil feed them.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.