Most AKC/CKC licensed wins ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbit chaser

Re: Most AKC licensed wins ?

Post by rabbit chaser »

golden acres wrote:Didn't Honey Bee of Kenny Lewis win 11 or 12 times in one years in the Midwest. Believe she is the sister to Oliver
I was running with Kenny this morning and asked him about this. He believes Honey had only five wins that he can remember. You are right though, she is a littermate to cedar beck oliver and IFC Big creek Nice cream. Talk about a powerhouse litter that turned out to be! He brought up a good point though and asked how many Dan Johnson's Plover river allie-gator had. Seems like Dan had her winning all over the place a couple years back when he was trialing her hard.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

WELLS WOODS

Re: Most AKC/CKC licensed wins ?

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I think that cross (IFC Stoney Hill's Gator x Townline's Jerry-Jo Agate) produced 7 or 8 FC's; all 15" bitches except Oliver (15" male). FC Townline's Honey Bea won Better Beagling's High Hound Award; I think Dan Johnson's FC Plover River Alli-Gator, also by IFC Stoney Hill's Gator & a different dam won this award.
Last edited by WELLS WOODS on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Ranger Dan holds that record

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Maybe it was the most points in a year. I'll have to go back & check what it said for sure in his ad.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

According to the AKC FC Hills Primetime Trailblazer has 297.75 points. FC Melanson Ranger Dan has 498.047 points.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

You're right. I think the quote was the most AKC points "in one calendar year". All of his points were in 2006 ; he finished twice over that year & won Better Beagling's High Hound Award. I think I saw this information in the BB issue naming the 2006 High Hounds. It would be in an early month, 2007 issue.
John, how many AKC points & wins did IFC Able's East Coast Trimmer have? I've always heard that he finished as IFC 3 times over.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

I dont know if it is because of how long ago trimmer ran but the akc doesn't have his points listed.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Thanks. I found the info on Trailblazer. He was AKC's top scoring SPO hound in 2006.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

LightningBeagles

Post by LightningBeagles »

Nobody has the numbers on Doc Watson ?
Lightning Strike Kennel
Jeremy Geiger

IFC Litaway's Capitain Pickard @ Stud
FTCH Split Rocks Pink Floyd
HBCH JG'S Tuff Weedeater Dixie
HBCH JG'S She's A Hot Mess
GRHBCH JG'S Oscar Wild

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

How about FC Briar Patch Black Willow out of Briar Patch Black Magic and Briar Patch Black Velvet. She flat ate up the LPOH circuit in 2000 or 2001 here in the Northeast. She did it all as a 2 year old I believe. Owned by Bob Sweet and bred by Roy Kennedy. I thought she held the record for most wins in a season and until Dan Johnson's Plover River Ali-Gator topped it in 2012 I think. Might be wrong as I don't follow the trials as much as many of you do.

Update:

Found in an old post on here titled On Line Field Trial page 3 where FC Briarpatch Black Willow was reported to have had 13 wins and 12 seconds accumulating 398.4 points in one season of field trialing. She was retired from the trials by the time she was four years old. Bob Sweet told me she was the best trial dog he ever owned and he finished many in his short career on the trial circuit. He has always been a hunter first and continues to keep top dogs but got tired of the travel and associated costs to go every weekend during the trial season. Roy Kennedy produced many good hounds over the years. Bob had the time, desire and resources to campaign a number of them and I believe he finished 21 FC's on the LPOH circuit in a span of 10 or so years. Most of which were dogs he bred and raised from dogs purchased from Roy Kennedy. Anything carrying the prefix Beavermeadow were dogs Bob either bred himself or bought young and registered under his own kennel name. The older Briarpatch dogs that Roy had back in the 1980's and early 90's produced several outstanding dogs that excelled on snow. I have two females that show a lot of that old blood from Roy. Bought my first in 1993, Briarpatch Skeeter and then her son Briarpatch Black Magic in 1995. Wish I could have them again!!
Last edited by Hare Chaser on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Very Interesting Post, and I enjoyed the reading.

Now I didn't know anyone or their Great Hounds, but some records for sure.

Now, don't go throwing stuff at this Ol' Red Neck, but what us Deep South, cotton Pickets, did was have a Grand Champion Class, Yep them old Fld.Ch. can all be put together and Fight it out, with the Champions,, get five (5) First place Wins,, Pass Certification and bingo!! You have a Grand Field Champion!

Seems everyone at the Trial, is Happy running that Way.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Dixie Land~~> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Hollarback Kennels

Post by Hollarback Kennels »

Aubrey Holcombe wrote:Very Interesting Post, and I enjoyed the reading.

Now I didn't know anyone or their Great Hounds, but some records for sure.

Now, don't go throwing stuff at this Ol' Red Neck, but what us Deep South, cotton Pickets, did was have a Grand Champion Class, Yep them old Fld.Ch. can all be put together and Fight it out, with the Champions,, get five (5) First place Wins,, Pass Certification and bingo!! You have a Grand Field Champion!

Seems everyone at the Trial, is Happy running that Way.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Dixie Land~~> :dance:

that would be something that makes sense....lol
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
FWR Shawdowed Acres Blue Bazo
Rock Ridge Shelby Blue
Reggie's Fast Holly
Cinnamon MTN Zebby
Cash Me Outside

lananbay

Post by lananbay »

There is one fact if you compare AKC Large Pack North US to like the Midwest AKC MID/SOUTH US. The AKC Large Pack up north only stop field trials for two months a year June & July there up and going more than deep south there weather allows more trials. Now if your hardcore trialer up north and your dog is hot on a roll and your dog into 8 or 12 more trials than a average winning hound deep south than your ahaead of the game.

Just my two cent's.

Destry
Destry Lopez
LANAN BAY KENNELS

Hunting hounds by RANGER DAN & BLUE NINJA

sparky

Post by sparky »

Also I remember Beamer telling me that Maple Lane Frosty Balls had like 50 or 52 wins,or he placed 50 times out of 52 trials,it was something like that if I remember right that was years ago.
Last edited by sparky on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Doc Watson had 13 wins !
Home of
FTCH Branko's Cornflower (sold)
FTCH Branko's Jimmy D
FTCH Branko's Bronson (rip)
FTCH Martin's LP 2Spot
IFC Branko's Dubonnet