Most AKC/CKC licensed wins ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Darryl

Re: Most AKC/CKC licensed wins ?

Post by Darryl »

Townlines rough & ready was from the first cross and was a littermate to nlpc fc townlines foxy fancy ! I co-owned ready from a few years very nice hound had a lot of places and a win in Canada in 1 trial season ..I was getting married and moving at that time and shipped him back to Mary Oliver ..and don't think he saw another trial after ... He was a fast and correct would of finished easily if pushed , he was a high maintenance dog needed 16-25 hours a week ... I believe joe wonsey ended up with him .
Home of
FTCH Branko's Cornflower (sold)
FTCH Branko's Jimmy D
FTCH Branko's Bronson (rip)
FTCH Martin's LP 2Spot
IFC Branko's Dubonnet

bfoster

Post by bfoster »

WELLS WOODS wrote:1) IFC Melanson's Ranger Dan--------------------------------30 wins
2) FTC Stanley's Boo-------------------------------------------30 wins
2) FTC Stone's Set Me Free-----------------------------------26 wins
3) 3x NLPC FTC Forest Pond's Slick-------------------------26 wins
4) FTC Harehaven Beatem-----------------------------------24 wins
6) CNLPC FTC Awful Bawlin' Get A Wack At Er------------19 wins
7) IFC Snow's Maggie's Milky Way----------------------------19 wins
8) FC Jump N Run Zena---------------------------------------19 wins
9) FC Durmam's Lily-------------------------------------------18 wins
10) IFC Able's East Coast Trimmer--------------------------18 wins
11) CLPC IFC South Woods Libby----------------------------17 wins

Provided everyone's info is accurate, these are the top 10 so far.
FC Branko's Boone Creek Trimmer - 27
Accourding to his stud ad in Better Beagling 1998 it says he ran in 37 trials placing in 33 and winning 27.
It says to reference July 1995 for trial record and that he is on the March 1996 cover.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

That's probably counting a lot of derbies & Mid-West qualifiers; these trials didn't count toward the AKC FC title & they had a lot of them back then. If I remember right it took him a while to get his 3rd AKC LICENSED win to finish as an AKC FC.
Last edited by WELLS WOODS on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I looked back at the July '95 issue. Trimmer's AKC licensed trial record was 3 wins, 2 seconds, 1 third & 3 NBQ's. I ran against him & placed 2nd with a 15" male I owned, Fld. Wnr. Seven Pines Charlie the day Trimmer got his second win at Great Miami (1993); 51 entries. Trimmer was a nice hound, but could beat himself if not ran up good. He won a bunch of qualifiers & was the Mid-West High Hound in '92 & '93. He finished in '94 at White Water Valley & wasn't trialed again.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

bfoster

Post by bfoster »

WELLS WOODS wrote:I looked back at the July '95 issue. Trimmer's AKC licensed trial record was 3 wins, 2 seconds, 1 third & 3 NBQ's. I ran against him & placed 2nd with a 15" male I owned, Fld. Wnr. Seven Pines Charlie the day Trimmer got his second win at Great Miami (1993); 51 entries. Trimmer was a nice hound, but could beat himself if not ran up good. He won a bunch of qualifiers & was the Mid-West High Hound in '92 & '93. He finished in '94 at White Water Valley & wasn't trialed again.
Cool, that's the reason I listed it so it could be checked. I figured with this group of guys that have already chimed in on this thred that it might need to be checked. I was just going through some old mag's and saw that.

Thanks for the cross reference!! Really like knowing this is double checked. I love these threds Greg, so keep them up top!!

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Thanks ! Keep looking; I'm sure we are forgetting some.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo