Related to my overdosed dog post ,how many use ivomec?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

IndianMeadowBeagles

Re: Related to my overdosed dog post ,how many use ivomec?

Post by IndianMeadowBeagles »

I have used Ivermectin for years, and never had a problem. The dosage I use is 1/10 of a cc for every 10# of dog weight. I will suggest to people who buy dogs from another kennel that they have the hound checked for heart worms before putting them on ivermectin. I had a that bought a gyp and slapped her on ivermectin without having her tested; when a hound has heart worms and you dose them the heart worms will break up and the hound was never the same. JMO & FYI!!!
" HE WHO RUNS WITH BEAGLES SHALL ENJOY THE HUNT "
indianmeadows@yahoo.com
http://www.indianmeadowbeagles.com
219-712-8769

tom young

Post by tom young »

Has anyone ever used Ivomec on a pregnant female?

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I've been using it for many years and haven't had any problems. 0.2 cc Once a month.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

salt ridge

Post by salt ridge »

I always continue using it on bred females and when they are nursing pups. Never had any side effects.

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Too much of anything isn't good. I'll go out on a limb and say used the way myself and hundreds of others of beaglers use it, 1/4 cc, about an aspirin width once per month - is perfectly safe. Zimectrin Gold and Equimax are two very good wormers, which are basically the same thing in different packages. I only give it to mine during the warm months, which is 3 or four times a year and / or if I suspect they may be wormy.

I hear it'll kill certain breeds of Collies, but a beagle aint no Collie. I give it to my beagles, brittanies and GSD's with nothing but good results and have for 30 years.