Dogs names not allowed anymore?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rabbithoundjb

Re: Dogs names not allowed anymore?

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

LMAO! I have never claimed to be Christian. I am not, so tell me how not baking a cake or marrying someone denys them from being gay or lesbian. Even more importantly they could get their cake somewhere else or get someone else to marry them just as a non trailer can get his pup from someone else.

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
hard on a check wrote:
We are losing our Religion,sad but true...
Well thank god for that at least!!!
Sorry you feel that way,but that's up to you..
As for me,I don't agree with some of the recent changes that have been made (mainly gay marriage)
I don't like it,and I don't agree with it,the reason I feel this way is because I believe in God and the Bible..
Obviously you don't,and that's your choice..
Nothing your gonna say is gonna change my mind,and I'm sure I'm not gonna change yours.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

T Hynes

Post by T Hynes »

I have a question 5000, you said you studied the bible and such. If there is no God how did all this complex life,planets and everything else come about?
Troy Hynes
Whitewater Kennels

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

SNOWDOGS1 wrote:Wow! I think you need to do some homework on the founding fathers. Our entire legal system was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Most, if not all of the founding fathers were very religious and incorporated religious belief into the foundation of our country and government. Some of the founding fathers even made statements that the Constitution relies on the American people being moral or the principles set forth in the Constitution can not work. I am not taking sides, but maybe that is the reason why we are having so many issues with what is Constitutional and what is not these days. If we as a society stray from morality our entire system is thrown into chaos because the system was not designed to work that way. If what we have today is not chaos, I don't want to see what real chaos is then. JMO.

I don't think these religious beliefs applied to anyone of color, they weren't included.
Religion has been used throughout history to justify atrocities committed by man, which is
why I have always had a problem with organized religion. It's simply used as a means to
control people. I believe in a higher power, but there are too many contradictions when
it comes to organized religion.
What you see happening today by Islamic extremist is no different than the terrorism
that your founding fathers committed. If you don't believe that research your history. Or
better yet ask a Native American, or an older Black person whose family was fire bombed,
lynched etc.. etc.... all in the name of religion.

The Founding Fathers thought it was OK to enslave a people and kill them because they were less than human in their eyes. Andrew Jackson ordered the removal of the tribes from their lands, which was one of the biggest Genocides of indigenous peoples "The Indian Removal Act of 1830". If they were following the bible, I can think of a few commandments that they missed.

I usually don't get into these type of post, but I do get tired of religion being thrown
around. People tend to interpret things in the way that suites them; and their cause.
I think the bible was written as a way to live your life, and people tend to take it too literally.
You can't pick and choose which parts to follow and discard the rest, or rationalize things as they did when they wrote the constitution. Their beliefs were if they weren't Christian or non-white they had no souls or were less than. People tend to fear what is different or what they don't understand. I could careless what someone does in their home or bedroom, I just don't want their belief shoved down my throat like you see now. You can't watch TV without something gay being on.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

My thing is what is freedom. As long as you are not stealing something that doesn't belong to you or hurting someone you should be able to choose your course that is FREEDOM. I may not like that you won't sale me a pup for whatever reason but that's your business. In a free society the same applies to everything else. When the laws apply to everyone equally my mind maybe a little more forgiving but as long as the government only defends the laws it wants to I consider the country lawless. What if the gay pride flag is offensive to some or the black panther flag or what if some see the NAACP as the same type of group as the KKK. Apply the law equally for everyone. I am interested in common sense, I am not a Christian or an atheist, I believe in FREEDOM. Everybody can take their special interests and shovem up their collective azzzes.

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Mo. Beagler 5000 and MDBeagler: Not looking to get in a pissing match, but 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence 24 of which held seminary or bible school degrees. And yes, many terrible things were done to other human beings, I'm not sure it was due to their religion however, just the evil in all men. We are far from perfect, but we can't progress if we keep using the atrocities of another generation to justify anything today. Laws have changed and hopefully we have made it so this never happens again. We can't change our past, so we either move on the best we can or live in the past and fight with each other all the time. As far as our founding fathers being religious and believing, I'm sure you can find quotes supporting both theories, but I believe most of the negative ones were against the church of England and how they distorted Christianity and the bible to preach that the King was anointed by God and the church supported oppressive Kings using the pulpit. They wanted to separate church and state specifically so this could not happen in America. They also wanted to make sure not only religion stay out of government, but government also stay out of religion. Not going to list a bunch of statements by the founding fathers, they can be looked up, just one for an example of how they felt at the time. Thomas Jefferson; "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated, but with his wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that god is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; that a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it might become probable by supernatural influence! The almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event". Maybe this doesn't specifically prove he was Christian, but he was a believer in God and believed that if we stray from morality in the eyes of God, we will face God's wrath at some point. Most people also believe the Ten Commandments were the basis for our laws. I'm done now with my opinions, and I know what they say about opinions. And by the way, I certainly am not an expert on religion, I believe, but do not follow as I should. I can barely remember the last time I was in church other than weddings and funerals. Most peoples minds are made up and most likely neither of our posts will change anything. Now let's go run some hounds and lighten up a little!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:LMAO! I have never claimed to be Christian. I am not, so tell me how not baking a cake or marrying someone Denys them from being gay or lesbian. Even more importantly they could get their cake somewhere else or get someone else to marry them just as a non trailer can get his pup from someone else.
It doesn't deny them from being gay but it does deny them services rendered because they are gay. BIG DIFFERENCE! They are denied services that is provided to everyone else because they are gay. "What if" everyone denied them a wedding or a wedding cake because they were gay, they would be denied their right to be what they are. Indiana tried to pass that Religious freedom law and the masses came down on the state from ALL over the U.S. AND the law was revised. So here's my question right back at you, how does a business denying service to a gay person or couple, that they provide to EVERYONE else, deny them their religious beliefs? The only reason folks feel this way has nothing to do with law but rather religious belief, which by the way is NOT law. There is absolutely NO LAW casting people aside because they are gay, black, red, Muslim, Catholic, Jewish, Christian, Atheist, male, female or any combination of all of these, NOT even in the bible. I'm NOT an ardent reader of scripture, haven't been to church since a kid but do research topics that create issues due to religion. So far I have found NOT a single word that proclaims that gay people are not people too, just as every other race, creed, color, gender etc. in the eyes of the Lord, savior. The U.S. Constitution also states quite clearly that ALL citizens have equal protections under the law and are entitled to due process. Evidently, this businesses' perception of their scripture did not bide well with the masses, as the very business shut down due to the repercussions from their CHOICE not to bake the cake and then Indiana revised the law. I believe that the bible does NOT cast aside any violators of what is the goodness of man ( cited in the 10 commandments) but rather considers them sins that need to be cleansed to restore the individual sinner back to "the goodness." IMO it hasn't a thing to do with an imaginary friend in the sky but that real goodness in man’s heart and soul. If your lips preach religion and your heat shows bias and discrimination then you are with sin yourself. We are ALL with sin and that is the wisdom behind all this religious verbiage, it is NOT about the imaginary friend but a way of life and the love of and for humanity.

In portraying what I mean about casting folks aside or discriminating against them because they have committed "a sin" described in scripture as it applies to gay people would then be the same for any such sinful act, wouldn't it? A sinful act is described in John 8:7 and I ask all you casting stones to replace the sin of adultery with loving another of the same gender rather than your neighbors wife!
Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: “anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone.” That sentence is often cited as a reminder to avoid judging others when there are faults in your own life that need to be addressed.

I am in NO way trying to change anyone's opinions as we are all entitled to them just as we are all entitled to be who we are not because of religious beliefs but in spite of them. BUT when one's actions violate the true law they may very well be cast aside in a court room or jail but if that violation is of religious law they may have their sins forgiven because we all know that God is a forgiving God as the scriptures preach it themselves!

Forgiving others may seem to be a choice, and in one sense it is a choice, but God has been very clear about forgiveness. He has given us specific direction in numerous Scriptures, all of which can be summed up in just one word -- forgive! God's Word says, "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins" (Mark 11:25). "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37). AMEN!

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Poor wardog why can't they bake their own cake and do you really believe everyone would refuse to bake them a cake, really come on make some common sense man, LMAO! If indeed they where Christians it could be forcing them to participate in something against their religious belief. Similar to abortion, I don't agree with abortion. I believe once there is a heartbeat its murder but I don't have to live with that discision. I just simply don't want any of my tax dollars to support abortion. I believe that person who is Christian has the right to choose or refuse as that person who is gay. Here's another question how do know those services are rendered to everyone else.

By the way I am not Christian, so for me it is freedom of our society not religion that I base my feeling on.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I usually don't get involved in these kinds of discussions. But I can't believe that any god would profess hatred towards any man or women because of who they want to date. These are the writings of men not any God, One of the many reasons why the Catholic church is dying in our country. And I happen to be raised Catholic..Just my opinion....dh

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

hard on a check wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
hard on a check wrote:
We are losing our Religion,sad but true...
Well thank god for that at least!!!
Sorry you feel that way,but that's up to you..
As for me,I don't agree with some of the recent changes that have been made (mainly gay marriage)
I don't like it,and I don't agree with it,the reason I feel this way is because I believe in God and the Bible..
Obviously you don't,and that's your choice..
Nothing your gonna say is gonna change my mind,and I'm sure I'm not gonna change yours.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
I believe this is true...you guys can check on this.... Every society throughout history that has embraced or tolerated homosuality, has failed to survive.
I worry about our country, the direction we're headed. I pray for our country and our leaders.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

Christian, Non-Christian, believer, non-believer doesn't matter what anyone believes....."Every knee will bow to God and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!"

I don't think that anyone can say our country is headed in a positive direction. The United States of America are owned and are not the world leaders they once were and no one can deny that!!! Hmmmm....wonder why?
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

sparky

Post by sparky »

Nobody said anything about hating anyone,there's a big difference between hating someone and disagreeing with them.

" Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle,you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

warddog

Post by warddog »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:Poor wardog why can't they bake their own cake and do you really believe everyone would refuse to bake them a cake, really come on make some common sense man, LMAO! If indeed they where Christians it could be forcing them to participate in something against their religious belief. Similar to abortion, I don't agree with abortion. I believe once there is a heartbeat its murder but I don't have to live with that discision. I just simply don't want any of my tax dollars to support abortion. I believe that person who is Christian has the right to choose or refuse as that person who is gay. Here's another question how do know those services are rendered to everyone else.

By the way I am not Christian, so for me it is freedom of our society not religion that I base my feeling on.
The wedding cake incident actually did happen here in Indiana and it was all over the national news and some comics continue to poke fun at it now. Why poor warddog, as I had nothing to do with it other than read about it after Indiana passed the freedom of religion law but this business plastered a message all over social media that they would NOT be making any wedding cakes for gays or serving their wedding parties ALTHOUGH that was their business and had done so for several years. That's how people knew those services were rendered to everyone else. COMMON SENSE you say, I find it pretty senseless to plaster such a discriminatory statement especially on social media BUT these folks did.
How can any society be free when ALL people are not treated equally? I have no idea of what societies have embraced homosexuality or the ones that have failed because of it but what I will tell you is that if walls could talk there would be a lot of people in trouble. This issue of homosexuality didn't just happen yesterday, hells bells why do you think the bible speaks to it? The folks that have been hiding it in the closet have recently begin to come out of the dark. These walls talking has also told some pretty horrid stories on some people of faith namely Catholic priest and some politicians playing footsies in the boys room or even paying others to keep their mouth shut when they played with boys BUT were mightier than thou on the political stage. Yes, I can say that our country is NOT headed in the right direction and that has nothing to do with religion, gays, the president, congress but rather ALL of us, as the country founded on "WE THE PEOPLE" has become the land of "I" or "what's best for me and NOT what's best for the majority of "us." America is returning to the very same thing that prompted our forefathers to leave their homeland to found a country of FREEDOM, where ALL men are treated equal!

fatboy

Post by fatboy »

I don't think that not agreeing with gay people has to be based on whether or not you're religious, or even what religion you are. Atheists can also hate gay people. Many people don't like gay acts because they are not the normal way that two members of the same sex were meant to act. Mother Nature made men and women different for reproduction, so man could reproduce. I believe in God, I have sinned before, but in all my years I have never wanted to have sex with a man, for me I think it's common sense. If tomorrow God said that being gay is alright, I would not try sex with men. Just not natural to me.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Wardog you keep going back to religion which I guess is a lot of peoples basis for not agreeing with a gay lifestyle but not mine. I believe in freedom, if a black man doesn't like me because I am white that's his business as far as I am concerned its a free country or at least its suppose to be. I don't have anything against anyone or their lifestyle its their business I have my beliefs and they have theirs and we both have to live with those. Personally I don't believe same sex partners can have a real marriage because they can't naturally reproduce the next generation of children. You keep talking about religion and law and both are subject to the next persons interpitation. They call it religious freedom and you call it discrimination. I just believe in a free society they have the right to say no.