Dogs names not allowed anymore?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

New York Hillbilly

Re: Dogs names not allowed anymore?

Post by New York Hillbilly »

After skimming through this thread for a couple days off and on, the thing I find most sad is the mean tone of the posts of those who choose not to believe. What difference does it make to any of you if others do?

Personally, I could not understand what might cause someone, a teacher none the less, to make such an offensive statement like; “If Jesus is real I am pretty sure I'd rather go to hell than hang out with him anyways. He really kinda sucks”

But then after reading further I guess it should not be so surprising coming from someone who insists he is an ape and therefore has the same ape tendencies.

Thanks to your ability to “use more complex tools and reason though advanced language”, what we all know at this point is your reluctance to give your heart to any God, yet by your logic as an ape a willingness to give up other body parts to the first guy who “can protect you from other members in your group or from outside threats”.

Interesting!
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

I know he wasn't a very smart man but albert einstien was a absolute firm believer in our Lord...I guess he must have been just a dumb hillbilly believing in fairy tales also
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I cant get anyone to heaven but myself, Mo i am in awe of your comments. They say when christ returns EVERY Knee will bow in front of him. I want to see everyone get to heaven not just me. If i am wrong in my thoughts i have lost nothing , but as many others state. If we are right? Your Screwed.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Newt

Post by Newt »

“If Jesus is real I am pretty sure I'd rather go to hell than hang out with him anyways. He really kinda sucks”

I would suggest that anyone who dislikes the teachings of Christ so vehemently, should move to a country, say Iran or parts of Iraq or Africa and witness the opposite point of view.
Anytime there is a disaster, who leads the brigade to help the unfortunate with no cost to non believers? Who supplies the helpers for soup kitchens?
Just Google "Christian Aid" to any third world country. You may be surprised. Christians were in Africa aiding the Ebola victims.
Almost every major university in this country was started by Christians. Now folks attitudes similar to the so-called atheists on this board won't allow them to speak or teach on those campuses.

Muslims, even supporters of terrorists, are welcomed on on Ivy League campus, yet speakers who are Christian or Conservative are jeered and booed off the stage.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

New York Hillbilly wrote:After skimming through this thread for a couple days off and on, the thing I find most sad is the mean tone of the posts of those who choose not to believe. What difference does it make to any of you if others do? Personally, I could not understand what might cause someone, a teacher none the less, to make such an offensive statement like; “If Jesus is real I am pretty sure I'd rather go to hell than hang out with him anyways. He really kinda sucks”
YES CLEARLY IT IS MY TONE THAT IS CAUSING THE "MEAN" POSTS... :shock: did you not ever read the whole post? Because even you Christians have told each other too tone it down... This thread is full of these gems....
Queers shouldn't be able to own hunting dogs,
LaMarr Rhoades wrote:I know he wasn't a very smart man but albert einstien was a absolute firm believer in our Lord...I guess he must have been just a dumb hillbilly believing in fairy tales also

You might be able to claim special revelation about the bible but to say Einstein was a christian is laughable.... He was not an atheist for sure though. He said he couldn't comprehend if there was a god or not and would be described as agnostic. He disdained Christianity though.. He is one of his famous quotes:

“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me.”

This is what I am getting at when I saw a lot of Christians here something and they believe it "just because" rather than taking the time to find out themselves.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Newt wrote:“If Jesus is real I am pretty sure I'd rather go to hell than hang out with him anyways. He really kinda sucks”

I would suggest that anyone who dislikes the teachings of Christ so vehemently, should move to a country, say Iran or parts of Iraq or Africa and witness the opposite point of view.
Anytime there is a disaster, who leads the brigade to help the unfortunate with no cost to non believers? Who supplies the helpers for soup kitchens?
Just Google "Christian Aid" to any third world country. You may be surprised. Christians were in Africa aiding the Ebola victims.
Almost every major university in this country was started by Christians. Now folks attitudes similar to the so-called atheists on this board won't allow them to speak or teach on those campuses.

Muslims, even supporters of terrorists, are welcomed on on Ivy League campus, yet speakers who are Christian or Conservative are jeered and booed off the stage.

Is that so?
http://www.livescience.com/20005-atheis ... ssion.html
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... h-to-rest/
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/01/c ... evers-are/

You guys do give more money and time over all because there are more of you guys... "well if you include Mormons Catholics and lump all flavors of Christianity" that is.... But that is because even people who give aid, when they ask do you believe in god, and they say yes even though they never stepped foot in a church, it gets counted as christian....

I am an atheist and I coach a summer team, volunteer for our cancer donations at school and left food to a guy in town who broke his foot and lost his job but because I didn't go through the church charity (they did the same thing) no one even knew about it because I don't give because I expect a reward in heaven for it, I just do it because one day maybe I will feel what that is like.
All humans have compassion, to say Christianity has a lock on it is ridiculous.

One final note to this.... I do not have to move to a different country because America is not a Christian nation... I don't have to conform to your ideas about how I should live my life and you dont need to conform to mine. It is a great system really.

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

TO ALL THE NON BELIEVERS THE TROUBLE IS YOUVE NEVER BEEN TOUCH ED BY THE LORD IF HE EVER TOUCHES YOU YOU WILL BELIEVE PAUL WAS SAME WAY UNTIL THE LORD TOUCHED HIM ON ROAD TO DAMASCUS AS HE WANTED TO KILL MORE CHRISTIANS . BUT THE LORD GOT HIS ATTENTION ONE DAY HE WILL GET YOUR ATT. I JUST HOPE AND PRAY ITS NOT TO LATE .
BIGDOGPACE

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

You said I should be praying for you. What makes you think I haven't ? I'm sure most everyone on here has. You seem like you like to do research you should check out a couple scientists . Lee Stroble another named Hugh Ross. Not affiliated with each other. Most everyone on here has been trying to help you. It's plain to see you have had some kind of bad experience and you blame God.
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

Newt

Post by Newt »

MO. my biggest argument for Christianity even for atheists, is what was life like for the peasant or common man prior to the printing press and the Bible being printed? He was treated lower than a dog. Once the Bible was printed, the common man was able to read and discovered that he was a child of God and was loved. He had the same standing, in the eyes of God, as the Pope, or Kings. The Kings and Pope had been the arbiter of justice for centuries, and used their link to God to give them that authority. Once the common man discovered that he had the same inalienable rights as Popes and Kings, he demanded that right. Look at the results in America. Whether you admit it or not our Constitution was based on Biblical principles. The greatest most powerful nation in the known history of man. The USA is not perfect. We had to get rid of Slavery and a lot of other injustices but without the Christian faith, I don't believe it would have happened. Freedom of religion was guaranteed because those wise men realized what happens when a theocracy is formed ran by man. We needed freedom to worship in any way citizens choose.i
There is a concentrated attempt by Progressive Government to wipe out Christianity. Without Christ, what takes his place. Man"s justice? Muhammed? If you have studied as much as you claim, show me a society where the common man did not believe in a super power that controlled the universe. There have always been atheists and there have always been god respecting people. Judging by the child sacrifice by Mayans and other societies, even in Biblical times, and the mass executions by Atheists, Mao, Stalin, and Hitler, it makes sense to me to promote the teachings of Christ. He taught love, non intervention toward non believers, and respect for law. Name a Progressive that shows that tolerance. Obama? Hillary? Holder? Sanders? Not one of those even believes in the Constitution. Who is going to judge you on earth, if they make up the rules as they go?

Mo. Beagler 5000

Kenny VanHoose wrote:You said I should be praying for you. What makes you think I haven't ? I'm sure most everyone on here has. You seem like you like to do research you should check out a couple scientists . Lee Stroble another named Hugh Ross. Not affiliated with each other. Most everyone on here has been trying to help you. It's plain to see you have had some kind of bad experience and you blame God.
I actually own The Case for Christ by Strobel and I have watched nearly every video Ross is on in youtube. What I love about Ross is that he actually uses the facts of science in his belief instead of pretending scientists are evil. For instance, he thinks Christians who do not believe in evolution and an old earth are doing harm to their religion. I have a profound respect for him because he admits what is going on but says that Jesus/God is the one at work doing it and then points to events that may or may not support his beliefs but he NEVER trys to ignore truths, he fits them into his beliefs.

Strobel, I don't care much for and we can discuss it if you want too but suffice to say I think he is flat out deceitful in some areas....

I have not had a bad experience with Jesus, I promise.... I was "saved and went to church for over a decade and have a bible degree and everything. I still can do weddings. Church was my escape from a really crappy childhood... My parents were dope heads (mom is clean now and really well off) and I was ignored and church was my outlet. I went to camps and seminars and never missed a service. I just don't believe because I was presented with too much evidence contrary and it was hard.. Even know I still listen to christian music and I even pray for people, just in case there is a higher power and even though I believe there isn''t, it makes me feel good when I do.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote: I even pray for people, just in case there is a higher power and even though I believe there isn''t, it makes me feel good when I do.
Mo, I've read your post,and you obviously have a strong opinion about science/education,but you've said a few things that have grabbed my attention,I think somewhere deep down inside that you do kinda believe there is a God. When you pray for those people there's a reason why it makes you feel good bud,and that reason is very real. God bless you.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

TheJohnBirchSociety

Mo. Beagler 5000

I have been on that site a few times and most of those guys believe in a god, just not a personal Jesus....

sparky wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote: I even pray for people, just in case there is a higher power and even though I believe there isn''t, it makes me feel good when I do.
Mo, I've read your post,and you obviously have a strong opinion about science/education,but you've said a few things that have grabbed my attention,I think somewhere deep down inside that you do kinda believe there is a God. When you pray for those people there's a reason why it makes you feel good bud,and that reason is very real. God bless you.
I kinda WANT there to be a god who is ultimately in charge of this planet but really if there is one, I don't think he is as loving and caring as most of you... I mean I know the theology behind why there is pain and suffering but for god to put himself through it kinda crazy but to let other people go through it is mind boggling. I mean, I don't even know anyone in Africa but if I could help give them a meal I would, and yet god doesn't. It is the easy way out to say "god is in control" but in realty it just makes us have a warm feeling inside with no substance to it.

I do go to church whenever I am invited somewhere because I do like the sense of community it brings but then the pastor usually says something ridiculous about evolution or atheists or gays and then my blood boils.

dave404

Post by dave404 »

I agree Sparky, mo, I think your whole problem is you're fighting that within yourself. You speak that you were SAVED. I nor any TRULY SAVED person that has experienced God's goodness, His Grace and Mercy and the free gift of Salvation could imagine the things you have called Christ and spoken against Him on this topic as well as others that are even worse than this one.
I don't know your definition of Being Saved is, but it sure isn't agreeing with me or scripture.
Maybe you walked an isle, joined a local church, went to college, recited a prayer, etc.. all of these and more are religious activities, but are not Salvation.
Salvation is spiritual and between a person and the Holy Spirit performing his work in that persons life, and the more u fight it and rebel, u can get in a pretty rough shape.
Mans pride is his downfall but he must be broken. When u get to where u can come to Christ helpless, as a little child, begging his forgiveness then friend you will be Truly Saved.
Mo, I thought of u last night, and said " gee, he's walking on thin ice" Man ,u gotta realize God isn't just a loving God but hes a consuming fire. Hes the creator and we're His creation. You cant manufactuer a god to suit yourself. You are married I suppose, got children whom u love and are loved by them, youre playing Russian roulette with your life and those around you.
I don't speak this to defend any religion or debate, but for your sake and those associated with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpjnxFAl6ms

swing

Post by swing »

Mo 5000, just out of common courtesy God may not mean anything to you but He does me and I'm sure 99% of us on here does also so if we're going to continue this conversation, would you please use a capital G just out of courtesy.
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan