Dogs names not allowed anymore?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

randy hicks

Re: Dogs names not allowed anymore?

Post by randy hicks »

If I am wrong and the atheist are right, I have lost nothing. But if I am right and Atheist are wrong you lost everything. really nothing to discuss.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

randy hicks wrote:If I am wrong and the atheist are right, I have lost nothing. But if I am right and Atheist are wrong you lost everything. really nothing to discuss.
You mean, other than living a lie and spreading it? I hear this argument a lot but honestly, it doesn't hold water. If Christianity is true, or Jews or muslims, mormons buddest, hindo, etc is real then it needs to be spread and followed. If it is false, and you are okay with living a lie because "what if" then I honestly feel really bad for you as a fellow human.

But again, we discussed this before about 100 comments ago and I provided links as to why that is a bad argument.

adirondackjoe wrote:mo, i'm in. let's meet at church to discuss it.
This literally made me laugh out loud at Starbucks. :lol: I go to church sometimes still. I enjoy going because it is peaceful and I like the people who attend.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Until you feel God calling you, you can't be saved anyway. You can't save yourself just by saying you believe. You will know it when it happens. If it wasn't for the spirit that I felt that morning drawing me to Christ, I wouldn't believe either.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

warddog

Post by warddog »

WOW, I've been trying to understand this faith in eternal life and what it takes to get there. I read that you will not know until you feel God calling you and you can't save yourself. I have done much research on the issue over the years and from what I have read from some is this eternal life thingie is NOT free and one must turn over their complete life to God. That means you must eat, drink and breath the scripture(s) every second of everyday of your life which ties one to "THE CHURCH" which is big business. My grandparents happened to be Pentecostal and their church believed that the flock should NOT compete in any sports, watch TV nor should the women cut their hair and they should be submission of the men, who were the elders of the church. many things make me curious as to how it ALL fits together in the grand scheme of getting through the gates of heaven. One such thing is that God LOVES ALL his children which would include the gay people but yet I read supposedly religious zealots preaching that they are NOT accepting them or baking their wedding cakes because of their religious belief. Would some Christian PLEASE show me in any scripture where it says that God would discriminate against any of his children at the Pearly gates because of race, color, gender, sexual ORIENTATION or whatever or how many SINS they have committed in their lives? I'm thinking you will find that impossible to do and from what I understand from my research, being saved can happen right at the time of one's last breaths and those very scriptures tell one what it takes at that moment. I must admit that those who do NOT just give into blind faith as spoken by those who supposedly do have a very hard time understanding as it appears that they pick and choose which scriptures to follow. I find the scriptures or the laws of God are written EXACTLY like the laws of the land are written and they are both subject to interpretation. The difference I find is that the law of the land can be researched through volumes of case law as it has applied throughout history BUT religion has NO actual means of doing so except this blind faith, hope and prayer that it is all true and not merely myth. I guess I will be left in the middle until that day I feel God calling me and from my research I know what it takes to enter the heavenly gates and that is a personal choice I will make at that time and NOT act it all along the way, which doesn't mean your acting will be rewarded any more than my reluctance to do so. Also from my readings, there is but one judge on judgment day and it isn't me nor YOU.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Go watch some of Reverend Billy Grahams old sermons. He can explain Christianity & how to be saved through Jesus Christ as good as anyone I've seen. Listen to the word & if you want to be saved, God can & will. God is good & will bless those that are obedient. It's hard to be obedient all the time even for Christians. God is also a God of wrath & without Jesus as our sacrifice for our sins, we will go to hell. Read Mathew, Mark, Luke & John in the Bible. They were eye witness of Jesus Christ on earth. The red letter print are quotes of Jesus Christ. As far as churches go, some are better than others. It feels good to gather with others that believe & have had the same experience with God that you have. Christ paved the way to heaven; we just have to follow.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

The way I see it we are living in hell right now, and it can't get no worse.you guys can preach all the crap you want, the only ones getting rich are the preachers you guys donate to......keep giving and they will keep laughing.

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

mo glad you had a good chuckle. this whole post is gett'n kind of weird. hope no coffee came out your nose when you laughed.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

It can get worse Ron.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

T Hynes

Post by T Hynes »

Ron Conroe wrote:The way I see it we are living in hell right now, and it can't get no worse.you guys can preach all the crap you want, the only ones getting rich are the preachers you guys donate to......keep giving and they will keep laughing.

I tithe because God commands that we do. What they do with the money is on them. They will have to answer for what they did with it.
Troy Hynes
Whitewater Kennels

beaglestotrack

Post by beaglestotrack »

I need to become a preacher make all kinds of money live the high life an not have to pay any taxes

warddog

Post by warddog »

My confusion continues and I'm just wondering that if God commands that you pay your ties to the church which used to be 10% of your income but I imagine has went up like everything else, does that mean one has to pay their way to heaven or buy God's love via installments? What if one attends a church every Sunday and doesn't give a single penny to the church or attend NO church at all? Just wondering as my grandparents went EVERY Wednesday and Sunday and paid 10% of their fixed income and then when they sold their home the church wanted 10% of that as well BUT they didn't pay it. I hope that wasn't a mistake as they devoted a lot of time to that church and NEVER missed a payment until that one. My grandparents also followed most of the church’s rules and my grandmother never cut her hair BUT she drew the line on the church mandate of NO TV as she loved the day time soap operas and said she would NOT give them up. My grandfather drew the line on competing as he dearly loved to play cards and a marble/dice game called aggravation and was as competitive as one could be. It only confuses the issue for me even more when they devoutly followed NEARLY everything but a couple little glitches. So are these commandments mandatory or elective as it appears to me that they are pick and choose the ones YOU want to follow but as long as one is saying "I believe" it all comes out in the end. Isn’t the real truth that all this is Churchianity rather than Christianity?

Matthew 7:21 clearly tells us why few will enter Heaven—it's because most people fail to do God's will concerning salvation, which is to BELIEVE in Jesus Christ (John 6:40).

Churchianity is not the way to Heaven. Religion is not the way to Heaven. Charity is not the way to Heaven. Doing wonderful works in Jesus' name is not the way to Heaven. Brotherly love is not the way to Heaven. Committing one's life to God is not the way to Heaven as there is BUT one way regardless of all the pomp and circumstance that holier than thou try to project.

John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Romans 10:9
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I may be totally lost but from my research and discussions with my grandfather, who’s religious opinion I respected, ALL the spewing of religiousness I see and hear especially on the internet is actually in contrast to scripture. I see so many religious FB posts that I wonder why they feel the need to shout them out. Maybe they are insecure about their own soul and feel the need to proclaim with there lips what their soul should feel without with no need to verbalize to but one.

Matthew 6:5-6
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

1 Corinthians 14:14
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful.

Then I see many casting stones at gay people and blaming it on their religion but isn’t that even in violation of scripture?

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

John 8:7
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

dave404

Post by dave404 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFq3hp4zO8
Judge Not? "The World's Favorite Scripture"

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

You notice he was trying to wipe the white lines off his nose. He probably just spent 3 hundred out of the donation bowl for that eight ball.

sparky

Post by sparky »

There has been some crooked people that has used religion for their own financial gain,but those people usually don't last to long before their exposed. There are a lot of good Christian people out there that would give you the shirt off their back. What has brought me to religion is the fear of death,and what happens after I die,like I said before I believe we all have a soul,and if given the choice between Heaven and Hell,I choose heaven. I'm not offended by anyone that doesn't believe in God,that's your choice,but I also stand on what I believe - "God is most certainly real" (I hope that doesn't offend anyone) but if it does I'm sorry,because that's what I believe,and I will continue to believe.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

warddog

Post by warddog »

dave404 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFq3hp4zO8
Judge Not? "The World's Favorite Scripture"
I watched the video and didn't know exactly where this sermon was coming from so I researched it to find the story of this woman. Funny how the story is subject to the interpretation and WORDING of this preacher. Jesus never said go now and sin NO MORE but rather he said “Go now and leave your life of sin.” Reading the entire context of this passage actually puts in in proper perspective NONE of which is what the minister was preaching. I don't think the "hate the sin, love the sinner" is even in scripture. it is said to be possible to hate the sin and love the sinner but impossible to judge the sin without judging the sinner because the sinner is responsible for the sin. Sin doesn't just happen to us, we choose it! Look at Paul's judgment of sinners in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 as one of many examples.

Below is the exact passage that is being alluded to in this sermon.

[but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
11 “No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”]