Young prospects ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bear128

Re: Young prospects ?

Post by bear128 »

I have litter due July 4th . great grandpups to Jasper top and bottom can't wait. I also have a 10 month old pup that is turning it on strong sucks the weather has been so hot . not sure of her bottom side her grandad on top is cedar groves blackjack and holly is her grandmom really like that cross out of cedar grove kennels

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

I got a nice 2016 derby out of lucky that im really liking.
And also got a proven cross pup out of bumper to bumper that i will hopefully be starting in a couple month

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

I got a nice 2016 derby out of lucky that im really liking.
And also got a proven cross pup out of bumper to bumper that i will hopefully be starting in a couple month

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I have a young bluetick female off of FC Henry's Hunter and Green Bay Mikka. Other than being the wrong color.... :lol: ...she is doing everything right. Good hunt, nice foot, HUGE nose that can run a line and do it right.

Hoping to work her all of gun season and see how that all works out. She is a nice young hound and a good friend sold her to me as he cut back on dogs, he told me she had a ton of potential. He was correct!

We also have a nice big female off of FCLP Shooters Page 2 and Green Bay Hail Mary. BB keeps coming along nicely. She is a track driving hound with a tight check area and does not get rattled by other hounds better than she is....she just runs the rabbit. She will also get evaluated thru gun season to see how she ends up. She has shown she can drive a rabbit like her parents and grandparents. Her breeding is exactly what we like to use to get more good hounds.

I love her rough squalling roar mouth and she sure is easy on the eyes.

Time and tracks will tell the tale on both, but we like them.

Good running to all!!

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

I thought FC Henrys Hunter died about 3 years ago didnt he Jim? correct me if im wrong?
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

She turned 3 this May....she must have been one of his last litters.

She is doing okay for us...take care

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

Best of luck man!
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

I Enjoyed reading about all these Great Hounds.

Now I need to say Up Front,, I do not need to be talking about my Gun Dogs, as they are not any way, like breed like those above.

Just plain old, ARHA/NKC Gun Dogs. I did do well with this Stock back in the early days of the Progressive Pack, Division. Place three (3) of my Breeding in the ARHA Hall Of Fame.

Due to my age had to give up the Trials,, but been breeding the same old Weir Creeks and Lilly Creeks, to a little Red female that line , Won the US P.P. hunt in the 90's she made Gr.Fld.Ch. and HOF for me, Daddy Rabbit's Squeel..

My pups start in my starting pens, as 4 months old and I continue to breed them for the Local Gun Hunters. Have a hard time Keeping them, but at this time I do have three litters, just about ready to wean. Love them red/white /tan and red ticks..

keep looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Fc green bay huntemup max cross with fc Beavercreek blue max. I kept 3 females and all 3 turn out to be good rabbit dog. A lot of hunt, close, fast, and good nose. They are 10 month old now and started running since they were 3 month old.

Another young prospect that if she continue to progress, she will be as nice as her mother. She is out of legend x wolfy. A double max and double wiley breeding. Wolfy is out of max x fc gb moxy foxy. Ever since we lost gb jifka litter mate to butkus, wolfy is the closest. Extreme hunt and very explosive out of the check. I really like the wiley bitch line. They run rabbit the same speed as if it was a hare. Fast enough to compete hare trial, and close enough for midwest.
Minnesota Beagler

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

8 month old female out of Statens Blue Samurei and a litter mate sister to Main Events Showtime that's doing everything right so far. Looking forward to getting a full hunting season on her and kill some limits over her this year. :D

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I've got a female that will be 2 this month out of Staten's Blue Samurai x Jake's Blue Belle II [I.F.C. Beaver Creek Blue Max ] that may turn out to be one of the best I've had.She's got all the tools and knows how to use them.Nose,mouth,foot,point of loss check work and for a fast dog, good line running ability.
As Jonah likes to say about his dogs "run em when you can and walk em when you have to".
Amen!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch