Favorite brand of leather hunting boots?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Snowshoe Run

Re: Favorite brand of leather hunting boots?

Post by Snowshoe Run »

Danner pronghorns. My son and I have tried many of the other and I will not buy anything else. We also use them almost year round and perform extremely well.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Been awhile since I sported leather boots, But the browning feather weight are the best I ever own. put me through forestry school and then some.

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

I bought a pair of Red Wing Irish Setter Elk Trackers in Ohio Amish Country yesterday. Thank you for all that responded to my question about boots. I researched on-line many of the boots that you all so kindly recommended, but many were not available in the local stores. I did not want to order boots thru the mail and take a chance on them not fitting. As soon as I put on the pair that I bought, I knew they were the right ones as far comfort goes. I'm sure that hunting cottontails in Ohio and a couple weeks of hare hunting in Maine will test them out.

dave404

Post by dave404 »

I like my mucks but just cant wear them. they blister my toes and just not enough support I suppose.