Flashing lights to keep varmints away ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dave404

Flashing lights to keep varmints away ?

Post by dave404 »

wandering if anyone has tried the flashing lights to keep predators away ?
im gonna try them around the area I got my redbacks at.
if anyone uses them, do they work on yotes, etc... or will the varmints only get used to them after awhile.
im thinking this 2 pack for 20.00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBA ... 91BD1Y2RG9

Alabama John

Re: Flashing lights to keep varmints away ?

Post by Alabama John »

Best thing for predators is marshmellows, apple cider and cat food in leg hold metal traps, cost about $9.00 each, inside and outside the pen. Game warden allows that around our chicken pens for coons and possums. Put a few, 2 or 3 chickens and a rooster in the rabbit pen as bait in case of hawks. They will take chickens instead of your rabbits. Side benefit will be eggs.
Outside the pen antifreeze in a shallow pan for coyotes and anything else that will not put its foot in a trap.

At least that is what someone that knew a man who knew a man that had a big rabbit pen to run beagles in told him and he passed it on to me just for information.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I have also heard from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy that used fly powder and a little cola to get rid of unwanted predators.

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Waste of money. I trapped coon rite beside mine. I trap coon and possum around my rabbit pens. I love the coon cuff type traps because nothing else can get into them. Bait with peanut butter. As for hawks and owls. The lights are useless.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Trapping anything is simple. Just provide an alternate something the varmint whether walking or flying will like better than your rabbits, chickens, or whatever. Draw them in. Works with people just as well.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

If the flashing red lights worked, hunters wouldn't use red lights when night hunting for coyotes. Waste of Money in my opinion!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com