Wolmanized Wood in a Dog Trailer

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitatfarm

Wolmanized Wood in a Dog Trailer

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I,m working on a dog trailer and plan to use wolmanized deck boards for part of the floor. The rest will be mesh. The dog box will cover most of the wolmanized decking. Is there any problem using wolmanized?

Larrym
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

steve w

Re: Wolmanized Wood in a Dog Trailer

Post by steve w »

http://joneakes.com/jons-fixit-database ... afe-or-not
If your using the older " wolmanized" as the article states arsenic was part of the treatment and while a dog would probably have to chew and swallow a good bit of it you would be better off with out it. If it's new stuff you should be OK

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Yup, Steve--new stuff. How has thwe running been? Finding lots of little ones here with an occasional adult and a good race.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

steve w

Post by steve w »

I'd say about the same the same Larry, how's your pup working out? My two are looking pretty good I think. I was wondering if one of em' was ever gonna get started while his brother was giving the old dogs some competition, things are leveling off now with a little age and time by themselves.