What's the difference in the TT-10 and TT-15?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pentecostalkennels

What's the difference in the TT-10 and TT-15?

Post by Pentecostalkennels »

I've been looking everywhere but I can't find what's different about them. I know the TT-15 is the latest and greatest but what makes it better than the TT-10? Thanks for the help.
Jonathan Gheen
Pentecostal Kennels

bartman357

Re: What's the difference in the TT-10 and TT-15?

Post by bartman357 »

The difference would 5 silly! Didn't you take math in school! Lol. :D
sorry, I couldn't help it! I really have no idea. Prolly just cost more and look different!
Bartman357
Www.bartsbunnies.com
Ava, Illinois

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

The TT15 has glonass (additional satellites) and has vibration and tone

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I've yet to understand why going from the old telemetry line of sight signal is not greatly increased by going to satellite tracking. Other than giving you a game screen to watch while standing on the road, distance has stalled and battery life has diminished. But maybe that will be improved on the newer models they're not making at the present time... but first there may be a battery shortage. :biggrin:

APFII

Post by APFII »

S.R.Patch wrote:I've yet to understand why going from the old telemetry line of sight signal is not greatly increased by going to satellite tracking. Other than giving you a game screen to watch while standing on the road, distance has stalled and battery life has diminished. But maybe that will be improved on the newer models they're not making at the present time... but first there may be a battery shortage. :biggrin:
I used the old telemetry system for many years .It is in the Stone Age compared to using the Alpha GPS? My old ATS 'Beep Beep ' system does not come out of the basement. :D

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I'm glad your happy with the new tech, want to sell your old stuff?
To me, it all comes down to what is necessary, anything more detracts from the purpose originally intended. I hunt and run hounds to get away from the "game-boy" era.
I've spent alot of idle time at the hospital with my father and have noticed many people with their cell phones seem to have lost touch with whats going on around them. It's only my opinion but these new high tech gadgets for hunting I see doing the same thing to the experience of the hunt. It detracts from the experience of becoming attune with nature and instead, consumes you into a 2"X 4" screen.
Old school has it's own rewards that many will never understand because it has now become easy and quick through technology.
"I never wore a callus that didn't come with it's reward". Humm, that would be a good one to wrap up and put in a time capsule for a 100 yrs... :lol: ... no, it will be lost on those trying to understand it no doubt.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Patch I have telemtry equipment I'll sell ya, what do you want? Tracker,Johnson I have both and lot's of it. After loosing a good dog by having her ribs kicked in by horses and the inacuracy of radio telemetry I can justify a GPS system. Another motivating factor was the dog that lay by the side of the road hurt with a broken antenna, got a signal but it was to weak to pin point, lucky for me and the dog somebody found her and called me from the tag on the collar. I think if the same situation happened with a GPS system I would have found her hours before the good samaritans. By the way the call was made by that darn new technology cell phone to cell phone. GPS can be an expensive toy or an invaluable tool, make of it what you will.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Well heck, let's go back to the days when you either walked or rode a horse to get to where you hunt. While we're at it might just as well go back to an out house instead of indoor plumbing too!

My first 22 yrs. with hounds I hunted without a telemetry system of any kind. After loosing a hound for 12 days on the 31st day of Dec. 1999 I decided I'd figure out a way to get a tracking system. Not one time have I lost a hound since. Bought my 1st Garmin system in 2009 and gave away my telemetry system. I don't miss out on much while hunting using the Garmin. Just cause it can do way more than I may need it to doesn't mean I have to be looking at it all the time. I use it for what I need it to do to keep me up to date on where my hounds are. Oh, and when it comes time to pick them up to go home I know exactly where they are. Most of the time it's 3 short tone button pushes per dog and holler a few times and their on their way in.

I get it that not all can afford the Garmin system and not all want one but that doesn't mean it's not a very valuable tool to those who choose to.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I think my old tritronics collars has tone but i never use it. The homing instinct and companionship desire bring the hounds in when it time to go.
I think even the GPS collar is still reliant upon a functioning antenna, luckily I've never had an antenna problem on the old beep-beep collars.
I won't knock the cell phone to hard else my father probably would not be here with us today. He was able to call for help after being rolled over by the tractor with one.
Again, I'm glad folks like the new stuff, it keeps progress moving till one day we'll have a tracker with distance and battery life to meet the need at a reasonable cost hopefully. I know the boys up on the island looking for their hounds with dead batteries in the collars will appreciate it.

HC, I have no desire to go back to the days of the outhouse again. My father got bit by a black widow in ours and it was tall horse weeds and a corncob for me afterwards... :lol: