Got the alpha and 2 minis. Couple questions.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Got the alpha and 2 minis. Couple questions.

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

1. What level do you set the shock too? On my sportdogs, if i had it on level 2 or 3 with the receiver turned on 3 also it would get their immeadiate attention without causing too much distress. Level 7 was a whole new ball game for them and their barks are vastly different when getting popped...

2. Do I need to erase my old base camp and Web updater and just start over with the new unit?

3. How do you update the collars again? I'm drawing a blank?
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: Got the alpha and 2 minis. Couple questions.

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Also, the charging system is ridiculously more complex than garmin needed and the rubber piece on the transmitter will probably not last long when the charging cord is rubbing and pulling on it.

Othe than that, it feels and looks solid and is easy enough to figure out how to watch and train the dogs.

Gonna go play with it tonight
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

I set my initial electrical stimulation level at 5. Based this on shocking myself with it. First 3 levels I couldn't feel it at all. #4 was pretty mild and 5 had some bite but not excessive by any means. Everybody has a different idea on where to set the level. I'm not a believer in going to the maximum level right out of the gate. These collars are a useful tool in the hands of level headed people but can easily ruin a dog by those who get impatient. Some dogs don't need to receive much stimulation to get the message while others need more.

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

I set my momentary on 2 ( Come Here When I Holler ), my continuous on 6 ( You Know Better Then Running That ) and Tone on 10 ( Just So There Do Hear It ). LOL
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

Budd

Post by Budd »

It has 18 levels of stimulation, trashbreaker on 6 is Alpha 18. I keep mine on 5 and seldom if ever have to go above that. The rubber protector is just fine on mine and I have had it two years and put it on the charger every day after running. Just register your new unit onto your current updater. Connect your collars to your computer with USB cable and follow instructions, web updater automatically opens when I connect my unit to my windows7.

BAR-NONE

Post by BAR-NONE »

By the way you can change you alpha to have 6 levels of stimulation just like the trash breakers. Instead of using the 18 level
In GOD we trust, everybody else pays cash