life before garmin

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

adirondackjoe

Re: life before garmin

Post by adirondackjoe »

don't feel bad guys my friends call me techno zero.......

allniter

Post by allniter »

take it easy guys ---QUICK TRACK is testing collars now that U can track with your cell phone --smart phone---collars they said would be 299.00 each--
even with no service U could track up to 2 miles
Didn't say if U could SHOCK OR NOT :D :D :D :D :D
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

ray s

Post by ray s »

I know I make better e-collar training decisions, now that I have a Garmin,also.

John Way

Post by John Way »

Hey Joe , what friends r u talking about ? Your latest best buddy ?
On the bright side of no tracking equipment. We extended several hunts in favor of searching for a missing hound. " Guess we will have to run the pack again tomorrow, for ole Blue to hark in ".

warddog

Post by warddog »

allniter wrote:take it easy guys ---QUICK TRACK is testing collars now that U can track with your cell phone --smart phone---collars they said would be 299.00 each--
even with no service U could track up to 2 miles
Didn't say if U could SHOCK OR NOT :D :D :D :D :D

SMART PHONE, well I suspect my ole flip phone won't be able to be utilized. SMART phone is waaaayyy out of my tech savvy range and I'm even scared of how smart they may be. Ifin they can track my dogs then they can track me as easily and that means my wife has :eyes: on me all the time as well!

Shady you must be a little older than me as I do have vehicles with power windows and an automatic transmission BUT can only say I have them because I'm too old to have the ambition to have to move so much shifting and rolling down the windows. I guess with that excuse I may get old enough to get me one of them High tech gadgets so I can sit on the tail gate and watch the race then tone them in when I'm ready to go to the house. Now if one of them buggers can just get fast enough to catch me a bunny for supper every so often I'll not have to do anything but clean it. I also suppose that with some of the prices I see on some of these beagles these days that type of dog technology may already be out there because for the price they would need to jump, run down, skin and bring home the bacon (rabbit) leaving me only to put it in the pan. Then I suppose the putting in the pan will subside to technology as well as surely someone can invent a means for the dog to have the bacon fried by the time I drive back to the house! I know the technology just keeps getting greater and greater and I CAN remember sayin I'd NEVER have a microwave and then I'd never use a computer much less have one. WELL, I've ate that crow on both occasions and I could NOT retire from my job quick enough to get out from under the computer usage age of communication.

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

tally ho john, tally ho.