house bill 1118 offers bounty on coyotee

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jackrabbit

house bill 1118 offers bounty on coyotee

Post by jackrabbit »

house bill 1118 that is in the agricultural, natural rsources, rural development committee chaired by Rep. Robert Bischoff is proposing a $5.00 bounty be placed on coyotees due to their role in desemating the small game and upland bird population. now heres the really good new for those of you who are unhappy about the dog taxes...... this bounty , which can be taken care of by any conservation officer is to be paid from the township dog license taxes. thus giving back some of the ill gotten loot that was taken from us in the first place.

if you feel the bill is worth doing call 800-382-9842 and have them tell rep. bischoff that you want him to vote FOR BILL 1118.

also two other bills can be dealt with at the same time.

house bill 112. the infamous no discharging a projectile within 200 yards of a dwelling... a ridiculas bill that should have never gotten to committee even.

also there is a bill being considered to raise the lake enhancement fees from $5.00 per boat per year to $15.00 per boat per year. with the massive increase we saw in lisence fees last year a lake enhancement fee increase is not going down good with boaters and sportsmen.

the number again 800-382-9842. make the call its free..... make a differance. also pass this on to everyone you know, ask them to make the call.
jackrabbit

Stone Cold Beagles

bill 1118

Post by Stone Cold Beagles »

Jack

when will this bill come to vote?

kjohns

Post by kjohns »

Are these state or federal bills?

jackrabbit

bills

Post by jackrabbit »

all of these bills are indiana house bills, and they are all in committee right now. so in order for the legislator to get to vote for them they have to make it thru the committee.

thanks guys. lets bombard them with calls.

D.Gross

coyote bounty bill

Post by D.Gross »

Jackrabbit When a person calls about this bill they will be asked who their Representative is for their district. If you don't know they will ask for info of where caller is from etc., and tell you who your rep is and ask you want them to vote. Thanks for the heads up on this bill. I appreciate you letting us know about important info like this. We as hunters need to get involved and be pro active. Our reps need to know about all the attacks on beagles from over population of coyotes also. Thanks!!

jackrabbit

subjects like this and the having the boards is important.

Post by jackrabbit »

the fact that we are experiancing increased instances of coyotte attacks on our dogs while we are afield is definately subject matter we all need to be expressing. and knowledge of who your representitives and senators are, and what they stand for is important also. i would not have thought about the predation of our beagles on my own. the boards help us brainstorm in such a great way. i will get a link to the legislative webpage on the beaglers alliance webpage to help us all to be more effective in communicating with our elected officials. when i called the legislative phone number i started out by saying that i wanted to leave a message for representitive Robert Bischoff. and my reason for doing so is because Rep. Biscoff is the head of the committee looking at the bills. if the study committee gets enough sound negative feedback it can vote to eliminate the bill, or let it die in committee . once it gets passed the study committee then the reps. and senators will vote on the bill. either way they all need to know about our concerns.

thank all for the great imput you have.

jack.

jackrabbit

one more thing

Post by jackrabbit »

also know that the indiana department of natural resources spoke out against bill 1118.

but then they also have been against the amendment to the indiana constitution that makes hunting, fishing, and trapping a constitutional right for residents of indiana. several other states already have such an amendment in their state constitiutions. the reason dnr gave at the fwcc meeting for opposing it in the past was that they were afraid that if it passed as written there would be lawsuits claiming that dnr was overstepping its bounds by imposing license fees for constitutional rights.
the bill has been amended to include a statement redefining it to include "within the limits of indiana fish and game laws and regulations."
so now idnr is taking a neutral stance.