Rabbit hunting changes?

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hunter

Rabbit hunting changes?

Post by Hunter »

Found this on another forum and in this article from the DNR it talks of lengthening rabbit season.

You will need adobe acrobat reader to view this file
http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/about/Wi ... Public.pdf

Problem is when I called the DNR Fish and Wildlife department I was told to contact my State Rep. When I tried to ask another question I was treated very poorly. She said please hang on before I even got my question out. When she came back on she said that she had spoke with her supervisor and I needed to contact me State Rep and have a good day. I spoke up very quickly and assured her I was not trying to cause trouble just needed a little info. I barely got her to answer a simple question at that point which was so are you saying that the DNR does not control the hunting rules and she said that is correct. Now I am puzzled.

If you can make sense of this and can verify when it goes into effect and where we are able to hunt please post that info and your source of that info back on this thread.
Thanks, Paul

jackrabbit

its in effect now....lol

Post by jackrabbit »

The new extended rabbit hunting season became effective this year. It didnt get going fast enough so it went out on Jan 31 of 2007 came back in for one week until the 15th of Feb. and ended Feb.15.

INDIANA BEAGLERS ALLIANCE FOUGHT FOR AND GOT RABBIT SEASON EXTENEDED THRU FEB 15TH OF EACH YEAR

AND SQUIRREL SEASON EXTENDED THRU JAN 31 OF EACH YEAR FOR THE NORTHERN HALF OF THE STATE JUST AS IT IS SOUTH OF U.S. 40 ON INDYS SOUTH SIDE.

have a great day

Jack
Jack Hyden, aka, jackrabbit
Indiana Beaglers Alliance

ackerhunter4life

rabbits

Post by ackerhunter4life »

i heard rabbit extenction is every 5 years it is good and full of rabbits then the next 4 years bad then it is good agian i don't know if true but thats what i heard
brian ackerman