Attn: Indaiana Gun Owners

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Attn: Indaiana Gun Owners

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

and this applies to several other states as well.
Received this email today from a good friend and thought it worthy to post....

Subject: PitchforksUnite Update

For all of you who made it to the gun show this past weekend…thank you! For those who did not you missed a record breaking show! Most of us knew the crowds would be large….but it was awesome! This the first time the Fire Marshall entertained the idea of stopping admittance for an hour….the lines were around the building all weekend and the exhibitors had record breaking sales…amazing. I think we were all thinking along the same lines since the election results were announced.

O.K…before I go on….we need some action. Indiana House Bill “1260” is a problem. The link below has an outline of the bill and it is a nightmare. It is an ammunition coding bill that requires all pistol and cartridge ammo be etched by July 1, 2009 in Indiana

(January 1, 2009 as originally written). After July 1, 2011 all non-encoded ammo becomes illegal. Besides the obvious problems with this…..IT ELIMINATES THE ABILITY TO USE RELOADERS!

The group pushing this is at http://ammunitionaccountability.com. And they have introduced these bills in the state senates of half the union! According to them this bill is still in committee but when I look it up at our states website bill 1260 is not the ammo encoding bill. I will try and find this thing asap and when I do I will send out a call to action on this. Even if it is voted down or still in committee….the people that work for us in this state need to know not to bother bringing it up for a vote again!

We all need to be diligent in standing up against the grab for ammo! For years the legislators have targeted ammo because it is the path of least resistance. Guns are protected but ammo is not…therefore there is a lot less work to take it away. We can’t be effective gun owners without it.

O.K…now for what is new. Since the last gun show the holidays took center stage. Take it from me….you cannot get anyone to do anything during the holidays so I accept this and usually relax about things a little. HOWEVER, it is 2009 and we need to get going. There will be information forth coming about action items and anything note worthy.

Thanks again to all who came out to the gun show. I am both refreshed and worn out doing these shows because I do them by myself. I may ask for help for the next show…if nothing else it helps cover me to go to the bathroom! This time the booth

(or table…whatever) was in a better location, better signage, and worked out well. We had T-shirts to sell this time which were great….I still have some left and would love to get them sold to help pay for some of this so I will put them on the website starting this weekend (as soon as I figure out how) and send out an email as a reminder.

The thing I want to share with all of you to start the year off is simple, necessary, yet not being put to use. What I saw this weekend was more people than ever scrambling to purchase items they thought won’t be available soon. Why? Why would we think it’s a good idea to put our energy into being afraid and hoarding things that are perfectly legal instead of putting that energy into defending our right to have it! We need a change of attitude towards conservatism and it starts with each of us. It is a good thing! Be proud and positive about being a conservative, be encouraging to other conservatives and those who may be on the fence, help to foster an attitude that brings being conservative back into focus for people. It is ridiculous for character traits such as independent, self-sufficient, faith based, and productive to be looked at as a bad thing. You know….just clinging to our “God and Guns”. This attitude has been developing over the last few decades and it breeds damaging consequences.

Our group promotes civic duty and one of those duties is to be a good “witness” for conservatism. The left has tainted the perceptions of conservatives and therefore been able to push their ridiculous agenda down peoples’ throats. They did not do it by having good ideas that people would like…..they did it by slandering the other side and causing people to dislike them more. Now it is time to change that perception back. We will not use their dirty tricks….but we will focus on making sure we are good representatives of conservatism and encouraging each other to do the same.

It is the nature of conservatives to do things on their own. We are independent people who are survivors….not victims. We don’t ask for a handout, yet we are always offering to help. However by the lack of voice we are bringing to the table, it is now time to come together. We may need to rethink our solitary approach to things and start reaching out in a way that not only encourages others but builds momentum. It starts with each of us.

I met many disillusioned, disheartened conservatives last weekend. We must remind each other that we are the majority, and we need to stop being so “silent” but make sure that are noises are positive and effective. Please help with this whenever possible.

O.K…that is enough hot air for now! Thank you to all who encourage me and I hope you will join me in 2009 in making some things happen. I can’t do it without others and this year as things start happening I think it will take more involvement. I will be emailing in a few days with the status of that house bill and the info about T-shirts on the website which I will be updating by the weekend…..is anyone a webmaster?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And remember no matter what happens…..we are people who are well-equipped, resourceful, and not afraid of hard work…we will be fine!