F.Y.I. got and email

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hammerenpatch

F.Y.I. got and email

Post by hammerenpatch »

A SAOVA message to sportsmen, pet owners and farmers concerned about protecting their traditions, avocations and livelihoods from anti-hunting, anti-breeding, animal guardianship advocates. Forwarding and cross posting, with attribution, encouraged.
When was HSUS elected to represent Illinois District 11?

Representative John Fritchey (D, 11) recently introduced House Bill 198, Licensing - Dog Breeder (aka Chloe’s Bill), an overzealous, animal rightist anti-breeder piece of legislation. Every breeder in the state who owns 3 or more intact female dogs would be classified as a commercial entity, subjected to licensing, impossible kennel regulations, invasive inspections inside their homes, and excessive record keeping and reporting. Completing the assault on dog breeders is the proposed bill’s requirement for fingerprinting and criminal background checks.

A constituent emailed the following to Rep. Fritchey: “Under your proposed legislation I would be subject to a criminal background check and fingerprinting, an untrained investigator would have access to my home and could at any time inspect my "facilities" and demand that I build a kennel that meets their idea of what is appropriate as well as exceeding USDA standards.” She continues, “I certainly think that you need to go back and look at what you are proposing recognizing that there are honest, decent people who you will hurt if this is passed.”

Unbelievably, her email was answered by Jordan Matyas, the HSUS Illinois State Director!

When did HSUS take charge of answering correspondence for legislators? Was HSUS elected to represent Illinois constituents in the 11th District? Has Matyas been hired as a staff member or consultant?

In his reply Matyas does not even give direct answers, rather repeats the standard HSUS rhetoric about the need to regulate bad breeders then placates the writer with a pretended interest in hearing her concerns.

The audacity of Rep. Fritchey deferring correspondence to HSUS is nothing short of breath-taking. The gauntlet has been thrown down and dog breeding in the state of Illinois is being criminalized. All breeders, hobbyists and sportsmen need to begin a concerted effort to oppose this legislation.

HB 198 has been referred to the Rules Committee. Talking points and contact information to oppose HB 198 are now posted on the SAOVA website http://www.saova.org/Illinois.html We will provide further updates as information becomes available.

SAOVA commends Rep. Michael P. McAuliffe (R, 20) and Rep. JoAnn D. Osmond (R, 61) for removing themselves as cosponsors.

Please share this message widely.

Susan Wolf

Sportsmen's and Animal Owners' Voting Alliance - http://saova.org
Issue lobbying and working to identify and elect supportive legislators

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

The message above was posted to West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri residents by the Sportsmen's and Animal Owners' Voting Alliance (SAOVA) on one of ten regional read only elists.

SAOVA is a nonpartisan volunteer group working to protect Americans from the legislative and political threats of radical animal rightists. It is the only national organization fighting this struggle for both sportsmen and animal owners, natural allies, in these arenas. Visit our website at http://saova.org for this program's goals, methodology and list signup details.