Tennessee Dog Owners Defeated Today

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Keystone Kid

Tennessee Dog Owners Defeated Today

Post by Keystone Kid »

The Commercial Breeders Bill: Senate Bill SB258 and House Bill 386 passed this week. The House version passed yesterday, the Senate version went to the Finance Ways and Means Committee, was approved at 10 am today. By 1 pm, it was on the floor of the Senate and passed 93-3.

The H$U$ now has its foot in the door here in Tennessee. With its inagural numbers of 20 unsterilized bitches, it will be just a matter of time before the numbers are reduced to 10, then 5, and then to one. Eventually, anyone who owns a dog, just one will have to withstand scrutiny and harsh regulations. The Bill will take effect on Jan 1 2010 and has an expiration of Jan 2014. That way it can be voted out or repealed if enough of us can mobilize and give the State government and the AR extremists a difficult time.

I would have never believed that Tennessee Legislators would have been stupid enough or greedy enough to stoop to such low standards and buy into the Animal Rights movement and propoganda. The H$U$ did not put our legislators into office but somehow, they were influenced by their emotional campaign and sensationism surrounding the "puppy mill" situations here. However, all of us are painted in a negative light. I realize that this is the first battle here and the dog owners, handlers, trainers, kennel clubs, field trial people all lost this week. In order to prevent this movement from strangling us out of the very thing we love-our dogs- we have to work together and fight them at every turn.

This movement is never going to go away completely. However, we can work in a unified and cohesive manner and keep these extremists away and out of our lives. They do not speak for us, pay our bills, manage our families, homes, or businesses. Therefore, they should not be allowed to take over our dogs and animals. Our futures with the animals that we love are at stake.

Having the H$U$ in this country and now in our state is like asking Hitler to open up a day care center for all of the Jewish children.

In closing, look up Wayne Pacelle, the #1 Dog Hater in the US. He is head of H$U$ and wants no additional animals born. He also wants to abolish any and all forms of animal contact from our lives and seeks extinction period. He is also on a mission to abolish livestock and agricultural animals. This guy is slick, persuasive, sharp dressed, and makes good speeches. But so did Hitler, Stalin, and Lenin. Look what happened to them.

Kathryn L Baxter PhD
KBAX of Tennessee
Continuing the Tradition of Quality Hounds Since 1946
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com