Saltville Va takes a hit

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mtnwaykennel

Saltville Va takes a hit

Post by mtnwaykennel »

Now in the town of saltville Virginia ( home of our clubhouse ) they now have a 6 dog per household limit in effect. It hits home hard!!! This is such crap!

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

ricky murphy

Re: Saltville Va takes a hit

Post by ricky murphy »

The Anti's are winning because they have little to no resistance. :eyes: :angel:

FRENCHMAN

Post by FRENCHMAN »

Here in Indiana we have taken the opinion that not on our watch. Start with other kennel clubs get aqainted and most important work your legislators. The ones that already work with the NRA and your Farm Bureau they are plugged in to every county and know how to work with these groups. Your Dog registries will also help if they don't find a new one. All ways be willing to donate your time also. They will be back to reduce the numbers agian real soon. They are not going away. But you can be succesful by working together. Frenchman

ricky murphy

Post by ricky murphy »

FRENCHMAN wrote:Here in Indiana we have taken the opinion that not on our watch. Start with other kennel clubs get aqainted and most important work your legislators. The ones that already work with the NRA and your Farm Bureau they are plugged in to every county and know how to work with these groups. Your Dog registries will also help if they don't find a new one. All ways be willing to donate your time also. They will be back to reduce the numbers agian real soon. They are not going away. But you can be succesful by working together. Frenchman
Frenchman thats some Great suggestion you have-totally.....But as you can see there in no response,,,,sadly......The last hope any hunters have is the NRA.I think alot of beagler's are into "field trialing" more than actually hunting.What i think is being over looked by some is the anti's-dont want beagles chasing rabbits in fenced in pens.....Anti play on politicians emotion's using the word "Cruelty" However the real cruelty is carried out by the Largest and best funded anti organization who kill more dogs and cats than anybody else in the world. :eyes: :angel:

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

you guys better get together in charleston wv a month or so ago they passed a law that if the weather gets below 45 ya have to bring the dog inside or if it gets above 85 ya got to bring it in also if you put the dog in a kennell it has to be at least a 10 X10 some coon hunters from another county met with them and the town agreed to hold off enforcing the new law for 6 months there were some other things like the length of chain but i dont rember what it was if it goes through there it will start spreading throughout wv
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

wvduece wrote:you guys better get together in charleston wv a month or so ago they passed a law that if the weather gets below 45 ya have to bring the dog inside or if it gets above 85 ya got to bring it in also if you put the dog in a kennell it has to be at least a 10 X10 some coon hunters from another county met with them and the town agreed to hold off enforcing the new law for 6 months there were some other things like the length of chain but i dont rember what it was if it goes through there it will start spreading throughout wv

Actually the new Kanawha County tethering ordinance goes a LOT further than that! Not only do they tell you WHEN you can have your dog outside, they also list specifications for WHAT kind of kennel / set up you can house your dog in, in addition to the part that says you cannot tie your dog out unless you are right there with your dog, watching it at all times. There are several pages of rules about how, when, and where you can have your dog. It's ridiculous! There is also ANOTHER PUBLIC MEETING about all this on THURSDAY NOVEMBER 12 at the Kanawha County Courthouse at 6pm.
I heard about the meeting thru the grapevine, I haven't actually received notification from "the powers that be" who were supposed to notify some of us hunters about any future meetings on this subject. Hmmm... Anyway, if any of you can come to the meeting, I think it would be a great help. We need to stand up against this!!!!