New Indiana DNR Fish and Wildlife Director not good news for

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Keystone Kid

New Indiana DNR Fish and Wildlife Director not good news for

Post by Keystone Kid »

I'm posting the bellow message for Jack Hyden, President Of Indiana Beaglers Alliance

New Indiana DNR Fish and Wildlife Director not good news for sporting dog folks

For those of us who are sporting dog people the announcement that Mark Rieter is the new head of Fish and Wildlife does not come as good news. Fact is this is without doubt the most fatal thing that has happened to us since Glenn Lange was the head biologist for the Fish and Wildlife. Mark Rieter in the past has consistently proven himself not a friend of the sportsman in the field with a sporting dog. Fact is he has shown over and over again that he is, in fact, solidly against dogs in the field. He was right there at the top with Glenn Lange when they attempted to close dog training from Feb. 28Th thru Oct.1 of each year several years back. He has consistently opposed extended hunting season for squirrel and Rabbit, opposed Field trials on state lands, and at every turn has voiced opposition to sportsman's opportunities to enjoy the use of their sporting dogs in the field. At this time we may have the saving grace of our IDNR director Rob Carter being an avid sportsman and he has said that he looks for more opportunities in the field instead of less and our current NRC advisory committee Chairman, Patrick Hurley, has voiced the same sentiment in recent conversations I have had with him. I will be contacting several leaders of other sporting dog groups in the next few weeks so we can meet to discuss Mark Reiters appointment and schedule a group meeting with Mr. Rieter to discuss our concerns. Should you have interest in attending a meeting both collectively and with Mr. Reiter please feel free to reply to this message

Thanks

Jack Hyden, President Of Indiana Beaglers Alliance
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com