Wisconsin: New Bill passes

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BuschBound

Wisconsin: New Bill passes

Post by BuschBound »

Dave Martin- (906) 285-1740

mybeagles

Re: Wisconsin: New Bill passes

Post by mybeagles »

Dave,

Sounds like you will need to get with your animal control officer to see if you fit the description. I don't think you will, but pretty sure Joe will. Looks like some pretty hefty fines for violators. Thats and unfortunate deal. Personally, I would avoid making any sales from my home, because you know the animal rights activists will be looking to trap some kennels.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

vwc1950van

Post by vwc1950van »

The bill specifies fees for licenses, generally based on the number of dogs sold,
and authorizes DATCP to set higher fees by rule if necessary to cover the costs of
administering the program.

The paragraph that I just pasted from the bill looks more like another way for legislators to line pockets at the expense of others.
It's the phrase---"set higher fees by RULE if necessary TO COVER THE COSTS OF ADMINISTERING THE PROGRAM." :angryfire:
The odds of seeing it fail seem rather doubtful, wouldn't you say? :(

mjs bunnybuster

Post by mjs bunnybuster »

This is typical in this state. The money collected will never be used for its intended purposes either. BIG BROTHER looking out for the "people" but really just wants the $$$$$
Beagles powered by Willet