Thoughts on Gun Control

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Thoughts on Gun Control

Post by Bev »

Many of you have seen this already. I received it in an e-mail today and thought I'd share for those who haven't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Columbine Update August 27, 2002

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful. They were not prepared for what he had to say, nor was it received well.

It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers."

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart."

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent."

"I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy-it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. "I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best. This was written way before I knew I would be speaking here today":

Your laws ignore our deepest needs, Your words are empty air. You've stripped away our heritage, You've outlawed simple prayer. Now gunshots fill our classrooms, And precious children die. You seek for answers everywhere, And ask the question "Why?" You regulate restrictive laws, Through legislative creed. And yet you fail to understand, That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, soul, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs - politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.

"Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts. Political posturing and restrictive legislation are not the answers. The young people of our nation hold the key.

There is a spiritual awakening taking place that will not be squelched! We do not need more religion. We do not need more gaudy television evangelists spewing out verbal religious garbage. We do not need more million dollar church buildings built while people with basic needs are being ignored. We do need a change of heart and a humble acknowledgment that this nation was founded on the principle of simple trust in God!"

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes-He did not hesitate to pray in school.

I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA - I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech.

travel

Post by travel »

Yes I have read his speech before, but it was good to reread. So Dan Blather never reported this? LOL!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Jack sent me another goodie:

A refresher course on gun control

Subject: Gun Control

a. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
b. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

c. Colt: The original point and click interface.

d.. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

e. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

f. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

g. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

h. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

i. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

j. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

k. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

l. The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.

m. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

n. Guns only have two enemies: rust and liberals.

o. Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

p. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

q. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

r. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

s. Criminals love gun control - it makes their jobs safer.

t. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

u. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control
them.

v. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

w. Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.

x. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create
slaves.

y. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun
control.

z. "...a government of the people, by the people, for the people..."

PLEASE PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' TO 10 FREE CITIZENS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(and my own personal favorite "I'd rather twelve men judge me as six men carry me.")
:gunguy:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I don't know if Dan Rather reported on it, but I know it was printed in a lot of big newspapers. I could probably track some of them down.

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Gun Control, Sarah Brady and the left-wing liberals want our guns...they can have mine when they pry my cold dead fingers....... :mad:

I am a Law Enforcement Officer. I have seen more violent crime scenes and home burlgeries than most. I pack iron everywhere I go, and I would even if I did not wear a badge. I have a Glock by my bed. I am trained to use it and I have trained my wife to use it. If you break into my home and threaten me or my family with deadly force, you will be met with deadly force. Period. I have bought handguns for 2 of my family members and have trained them to use it safely and efficiently. They have also been instructed when to use it and more importantly when not to.

The liberal media will have the American people to believe that the majority of the Law Enforcement community are supporters of more gun control. NOT SO! The media will selectively choose a handful of Sheriffs and Chiefs (liberal ones) that will further their agenda and then plaster it all over the news and papers. DON'T BELIEVE IT!! The vast majority of LEO's are against gun control and are members of organizations such as the NRA, especially the uniformed patrol officer (the ones most likely to get shot!). I am not worried in the least about law-abiding citizens owning firearms and carrying concealed when they are traind and know the laws and rules of gun saftey. As a matter of fact, I RECOMMEND every law-abiding citizen own a firearm and take a training course on the proper techniques and firearms laws. The day they ask me to assist in unarming law-abiding American citizens is the day I will turn in my badge and become a rebel!

If religious issues upset you, read no further.

I believe the day will come (wether in my days or not, God knows) that the govt will come for our guns. I believe this will happen near (after) the rapture of the church. The Anti-Christ will be on the scene and will take total control, and gun control will be one of his main issues in the beginning. He must have control of the firepower (both small and large) to prevent uprising of those that will rebel him. Terrible times indeed. The Anti-Christ will prevail in establishing a new one-world government and to do that he will need an unarmed world. Gun control?

Yep.

:cry:
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

Dogdreamer

Post by Dogdreamer »

There are few things in this life that really P@#@ me off to the point that I have a hard time being rational. I am a very forgiving and loving person(as I think most hunters are prone to be). Only, however, if I am left alone with my rights and priviliges.

Thomas Jefferson on guns: http://members.aol.com/rustp/#anchor2015. Hopefully this will get you there. This, I feel, is the one of the most important sources of information on the topic because we can see the reason for the creation of the 2nd amendment. There are many other statements by the "fathers" of this great nation as well as letters by Jefferson to a Baptist pastor about wanting to revise the 2nd amendment. Jefferson thought that people would try to take away the right to bear arms and wanted to make sure our right was protected by a more precise statement. Unfortunately, the pastor said that the people of this country would never forget their roots or be stupid enough to take our guns. Too bad he wasn't a prophet. ;)

Anyway, the best way to combat this movement is to be proactive. There is a nice magazine called Freedom First that is totally against gun control. You should all check it out if you are not already familiar with it. In closing: if they do take away our guns (or attempt to), I have a simple solution. Hide you guns well, then let them arrest you. I would be more than happy to serve time with any one of you. Moreover, we wouldn't be in jail long. Not enough room for all us pagans(God knows christians don't use guns :D ). Also, could you imagine how much money would be lost in taxes. We normally have to work to enjoy our sport. Jail time doesn't pay to well, and we all know how Uncle Sam likes his money.

Fight the good fight, and God bless.
Johnny B

Old Meg she was a gypsy;
And liv'd upon the moors:
Her bed it was the brown heath turf,
And her house was out of doors.
--Keats

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Johnny B, I will hide my guns well if that happens and take my chances. I've always said - I'd rather 12 men judge me as 6 men carry me.