MO dog breeding laws

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

goodpickens

MO dog breeding laws

Post by goodpickens »

Someone posted this on a local forum saying that hunters have to have a kennel license. I've tried finding the exact laws they're talking about and can't find anything. Anyone else know?
Hunting dog breeder's now have to be licensed if you have more then three intact females . they are required to pay fees and to have a program of veterinary care and be inspection by the state.
In other words , hunting dog breeder are not exempt from licensing requirements : they are only exempt from the canine Cruelty Prevention Act. The threshold for licensure as a trainer is the same for hunting dogs as it is for any other commercial kennel. That is paid trainers that keep a clients dog overnight must license whether they are hunting dogs or any other dogs in training.
I posted this so any of our hunter's friend's would not be surprised if the state paid them a visit.I hope will help.

begles

Re: MO dog breeding laws

Post by begles »

http://governor.mo.gov/constituents/.
find out what you need here. just send him a letter.

Little Indian Creek

Re: MO dog breeding laws

Post by Little Indian Creek »

You don’t have to have a license in the state of MO unless you have 10 intact females.
Kenny Lain
Little Indian Creek Kennels
AKC & NKC Beagles