Tomorrow NOON

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Re: Tomorrow NOON

Post by Bev »

bucks better beagles wrote:You are right GW, you would win.

Bev., I invented internet "Catfish". Man, those were good old days. You should have banned me before I "died". Now it doesn't matter. No, that isn't true,... it never did matter, did it? :angel:
Still bitter, I see.

You know, you don't have to stay in this dangerous place. Nobody's got a gun to your head. *snort* On the other hand, having you here is almost as much fun as an aquarium. So there's that.

danpan

Post by danpan »

moe i hate to voice my opion on ur pot but we are going to need millions in tax dollars if we keep dems in control and they are here to stay since they support all the people that are drawing a check that are able to work but dont have to because obama is on there side :hammer:

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

"In my church today I was asked to kneel with the congregation and have a prayer for our nation. We as a nation are as far as we can get from where we need to be. Never be afraid to pray or do what's right. Sometimes I talk to much or too loud however I mean no harm. Pray for our country and our Leaders." [/quote]

This is what I did after the election...
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

lebro

Post by lebro »

tax&spend tax&spend tax&spend.i will tell you the truth if you have liberal ways and support the liberals you are a liberal. "government is not the solution it is the problem" R.R.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Lebro thats a good post, I have always believed the parties don't matter a persons principes do. If you voted for Obama you can call yourself whatever you like like but the truth is your principles have to be far left and I DO MEAN FAR LEFT. Gee you had a centrist at best running against him in both elections, perty much says it all. People didn't like what Romney said about people on somekind of government aid not voting for him but it was true. Sometimes the truth isn't welcome. As Romney said after the election its hard to beat an incombent president who comes bearing gifts. People fail to connect the dots on who is really paying for those gifts, the hard working middle class. Always have, always will.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Mo
U talk about saporting gun control but the kids of Sandy Hill could of been killed by various different calibers of weapons,knifes,swoards ext. It was not the caliber or size of clip that did that .it was a druged up crazy kid.

If anything I thought the change people would bring is armed guards at each an ever school in america. This would also create jobs for layed off law enforcement extra.

But u being so educated my opeions probally dont make sence to u as I am just a dumb country boy

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

We need to place the blame where it belongs. For years I have heard people cuss every president who was serving and every senator in office. These folks are not to blame. ( just so you will know , I am so far right that I think Ronald Regan was left) But Obama, is not to blame. There are less than 600 people in " power" in washington D.C. this includes the Supreme court. Do you really believe that they can force 300 million Americans to do what they ( the politicians ) want done. This is ridiculous on it's face! We the people can fire any or all of them at any time we choose , and we don't have to wait until election time to do it. We the people cannot be slaves to 600 people unless we want to be. The fact of the matter is and I have said it before , No President of the United States or any member of Congress is to Blame , put the blame where it belongs, It is our neighbors your's and mine who are not only allowing but are all for what is happening in Government, they have always been to blame and they will always be the blame. Congress is simply the tool that they are using. To Blame a President whether Republican of Democrat is to blame a tool, that our neighbors are using. It would be like your neighbor coming into your yard and cutting down your Apple tree and you Blaming the Powersaw! The saw was the tool, your neighbor is to blame! Now, sometimes we get some tools that are more intelligent than the operators. And here is a good example. To stay in power politicans will try to increase their base, The Democrats in power have a massive base of non-hunting, non-gun owning Americans. How do they increase that base, The fastest way to increase it is to import Millions of Illegal Aliens, who have no hunting traditions or backgrounds, and to who gun ownership is a foreign concept. All of this is the name of Humanity, this is B. S. their agenda is Gun Confiscation, period! And we are drinking the Kool-Aid by the Gallon!
Last edited by gwyoung on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Great post GW but the one thing that was left out is that it's not just your neighbors BUT rich corporate America. The thing that baffles my mind is how we ALL complain about the economic stress the country is in but yet see the millions of dollars spent on one pawn to be the voice of the greed, power and corruption. I also find it very hard to comprehend why laws are applicable to those of us working, middle class folks but yet not to the seame extent to those in the top tiers. Get real ALL this partisan politics is nothing more than the old tried and true military tactic of devide and conquer. GW is correct in that those 1 or 2% seeking absolute power due to greed can not do so unless they devide the 98% of us toiling to produce their wealth. Some call it class warfare but all I ever wanted was my right as a laborer to price my product (labor) just as those at the top price the product they make their millions on (goods or services). Of course then we have professional politicians who make theirs ...how exactly? It's given to them by the 98% of us footing the tax bills that are taken directly from our pay before we ever get our hands on it to be able to hide it.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
adirondackjoe wrote:b
ME TOO MAN!!! I did those things as well.... I go to church (well I need to find one at my new place) but I don't think we need to legislate marriage and that prayer has no business being taught in school. I am a mess I also think we should legalize pot but execute people in public for all violent rapes and murders.....
Maybe you should leave the POT alone for a few days before you give your philosophy. It would maybe make more sense.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
Pine Lakes wrote:While we are conversing, can we discuss the 30,000+ annual deaths caused by automobiles? How about the thousands of innocent people killed by explosives made with chemicals meant for farming and/or cleaning? What about the thousands of innocent people killed with knifes, beaten with ball bats, suffocated with pillows, overdosed on perscription drugs? This is simply the liberal left pushing their special interests, and anyone that would see logic in their argument is, for lack of better words, stupid and gullable. Personally, I have had my fill of these people and I am hoping the opportunity to free us all of these tyrants comes soon. I don't want my children to fight this battle. Mo Beagler 5000 you claim to have no political affiliation with those that attack our rights, but I say you, and anyone that would choose to agree with their point of view are one in the same. You also made an attempt to attack Fox News, but made no comment about any liberal media's biased positions taken. You appear to be a fairly intelligent individual, so I would beg of you to use that intelligence to reconsider your position and relay that onto others that are misinformed and mislead.

AUTOMOBILE DEATH ARE ACCIDENTS-- HOMICIDE IS NOT AN ACCIDENT! It NEVER WILL BE..

Free us of what tyrants??? The MAJORITY of people who disagree with you. See this is my whole problem with a lot of conservatives. This hyperbole is stupid, the extremism and fanaticism you speak about is sickening.. You act so oppressed.. try living somewhere else if you think we are oppressed.. you haven't seen anything. This exaggerated speech has no place in civilized society. We aren't fighting for our lives. We are having a discussion about gun control..

Ya, Rachel maddow and msnbc have ridiculous ideas too but they don't call for people to rise up against the government and are mostly harmless in their actions.
Not all automobile related deaths are accidents, but they are all needless deaths that can be "curbed" with more legislation, so why is the matter not of high priority? Is it ok for people to die of anything not natural? The tyrants are those like yourself who would strip american citizens of their rights granted by the Constitution. You sir are sickening, and I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else, I'll die here in this country fighting for what I believe to be right and true for all men. This argument has nothing to do with political affiliation, you are however a liberal. You are absolutely right that Rachel Maddow doesn't call for the people to rise up against the government, she instead calls for you to follow your government without question. The latter being more dangerous.

I find it funny that you would recomend that I live somewhere else, while you are the one that has no respect for the Constitution of this country. I retract the statement I made about you seemingly being intelligent, and I will go back to not posting on such matters because there is no reasoning with people like you. My life is a lot less stressful when I do so.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

chapkosbeagles wrote:Mo
U talk about saporting gun control but the kids of Sandy Hill could of been killed by various different calibers of weapons,knifes,swoards ext. It was not the caliber or size of clip that did that .it was a druged up crazy kid.

If anything I thought the change people would bring is armed guards at each an ever school in america. This would also create jobs for layed off law enforcement extra.

But u being so educated my opeions probally dont make sence to u as I am just a dumb country boy
Where exactly is the money going to come from? If you haven't noticed we are broke and there are literally tens of thousands of school districts in our country. That would cost billions!!! And since you conservatives say "not one more cent" as your motto.. who would you have pay for this?? And who wants to leave in a police state? You guys already complain about the TSA and extra security.. Is having your kids grow up in need of 24/7 armed protection what we need? We are better than that.

Ya, the kids could have been killed by anything but a lot less would have died if it were a knife or a bat...
Newt wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
adirondackjoe wrote:b
ME TOO MAN!!! I did those things as well.... I go to church (well I need to find one at my new place) but I don't think we need to legislate marriage and that prayer has no business being taught in school. I am a mess I also think we should legalize pot but execute people in public for all violent rapes and murders.....
Maybe you should leave the POT alone for a few days before you give your philosophy. It would maybe make more sense.
nice quip newt- I have not smoked pot for 16 years or so.. Nor would I if it were legal.
Pine Lakes wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:
Pine Lakes wrote:
Not all automobile related deaths are accidents, but they are all needless deaths that can be "curbed" with more legislation, so why is the matter not of high priority? Is it ok for people to die of anything not natural? The tyrants are those like yourself who would strip american citizens of their rights granted by the Constitution. You sir are sickening, and I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else, I'll die here in this country fighting for what I believe to be right and true for all men. This argument has nothing to do with political affiliation, you are however a liberal. You are absolutely right that Rachel Maddow doesn't call for the people to rise up against the government, she instead calls for you to follow your government without question. The latter being more dangerous.

I find it funny that you would recomend that I live somewhere else, while you are the one that has no respect for the Constitution of this country. I retract the statement I made about you seemingly being intelligent, and I will go back to not posting on such matters because there is no reasoning with people like you. My life is a lot less stressful when I do so.
Have fun with less stress.. Yes, because I believe we should do something to stop innocent people being murder, I have no regard for the constitution... well put.
Have you noticed with automobiles we DO LEGISLATE THEM MORE EVERY YEAR.. EVERY SINGLE YEAR-- They have to more fuel efficient, more safe, more airbags, more sensors, more data collected, we change speed limits, we put up more lights or take some down, we are making vehicles that drive themselves, legislate drunk drivers, texting.... and the problem DECREASES-- IT GOES DOWN MAN.. So Ya, thinking about legislating guns can have a positive effect on gun deaths if done right...
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Most people driving an automobile don't have homicidal intentions..........neither do most people that carry a gun. Either "tool" in the hands of someone with bad intentions can and will cause harm to a different degree. But I will always disagree with those that say giving up some of my basic freedoms for the security of others is not an infringement on my rights. It may make people feel all warm and fuzzy inside but the reality is it's going to happen regardless of any laws we put into place. It has been said before but it is illegal to kill people and it still happens. The law only puts in place punishments to try to deter people from doing so but often times in cases like this it makes no difference to the person looking to commit the crime. By all rights this guy had no business legally acquiring a firearm in the first place. But unless I missed something he did not go through the proper process to obtain the weapons he used. I have absolutely no problem with stiffer background checks for people that want to purchase a firearm. Imo, if you have nothing to hide then it should make no difference even if I have to wait longer to get it. It may be a slight inconvenience for some at times but it still allows them to keep and bear the arms they choose. And for those that say why do we need assault weapons or 30+ round clips..........it doesn't take long to change out a clip so how far down the road before they want to limit the number of clips you own because the next guy that does something like this shows up with 3 times as many 10 round clips?? Do you see where I'm going with this? It starts with a little, then a little more, then a little more and where exactly does it stop?? Sure it might seem reasonable that the average person doesn't need such high capacity but it's not he average person we're worried about here. And if you think he couldn't have caused just as much or more damage while toting a couple of pump action 12 gauge shotguns loaded with buckshot you are simply fooling yourself. It may have saved a couple of lives and while those couple of lives are very precious the tragedy itself would have still occurred. The only thing in this case that would have helped those kids would have been someone on sight trained and willing to use their own weapon. We live in a different world than those before us and to even have to think about things like this makes me sick but it is the new reality. All I can say is good luck to those that are so willing to give up your weapons........as for me they'll have to come and take mine if they ever decide they want them.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Bunnyblaster wrote:where does it stop?.
When kids stop dying....
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

If that's your stance and only argument then go after the real cause and not the tools used. I have 3 young children of my own and I will GUARANTEE you that if god forbid something like this were to ever happen in their school I would still not be blaming the weapon the guy used. The blame falls on himself and our society for failing us by not recognizing what he was and for what he was obviously capable of doing. Take away the guns and the next guy is just gonna walk in with a homemade bomb and do the same thing.........how do you plan to stop that?? It's much like treating a symptom and never addressing the real cause of the problem. You will continue to hide the real issue but never actually solve anything. Our resources need to be focused on the root of the problem and not wasted on regulating things that 99% of us will never abuse.

I am sorry but we will just not agree on this one. Being a teacher I assume you see the lack of parenting that is the reality in today's world. That imo is where these things start and until that changes neither will stuff like this. I had the great misfortune of having one of my kids get a nasty drawing with threats that I can only describe to you as being in line with what happened in Sandy Hook. The school tried to keep me at arms length for the privacy of the other child and his family. I very politely and calmly told them in no uncertain terms that in a case like this they were nuts if they thought I was going to not be involved and that I would not let up until I knew and was comfortable with exactly how they planned on handling the situation. And I also want to say that I was just as worried about the other child as I was my own. He has some issues at home and obviously is in need of some guidance and counseling. I won't give any details but before it was all said and done I spoke with my child, the school, the other child's parents and there is an understanding of what I expected and where I was coming from. Their original answer was a suspension and some time with the school social worker. I get a regular update from the school itself even though they can only be just so specific with me for privacy reasons. And I am on good terms with the other child's parent and so is my son with the child himself. Parents today are either too busy or too lazy to do what it takes in most cases. Obviously this case is a little extreme but if you were to ask any of my kid's teachers or school officials they all know me because I stay involved which is much more than I can say for most of the parents I see.

I know this is a little off from the original topic but imo these are the things causing the problems we have today........not a bat or a knife or an assault rifle with a 30 round clip.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Oh Mo. Beagler your barking up the wrong tree bud. As long as criminals can commit crimes and live off of the tax payers for the rest of their lives and lawyers can make millions of dollars off of this is going to continue to happen. If you think banning this or that is going to stop this sort behavior your only fooling yourself. If capital punishment was a common occurance in all 50 states for violent crime then you would see some results.