Tomorrow NOON

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bucks better beagles

Re: Tomorrow NOON

Post by bucks better beagles »

Obama is not your master,it is the NRA. They speak and you all wag your tails. Nobody is going to take our guns. The supremes have spoken on that.

Mo, you are quite articulate. Keep the facts coming.

hookset

Post by hookset »

Buck, mobeagle wouldn't know a fact if it slapped him in the mouth.

Bad people are going to do bad things no matter what kind of weapon they have. The worst school mass murder was caused by an old man and a bomb he planted in a school. Although the media did state that the Newtown shooter had an AR-15 rifle, not many told you he did NOT use it in the massacre, he left it in the car. In the same week as the Newtown shooting, a nut in China killed and wounded many in a school using a knife.

An "assault weapon" ban is just a phrase to scare those who have no knowledge of firearms into thinking that a particular gun is bad. A .22 single shot is an "assault rifle" if it is used to harm someone. In the 1800's, a Henry rifle would have been an "assault rifle" since it was the 'load in the morning and shoot all day' rifle. Being a modern weapon does not make it an "assault rifle".

If you believe that you only need a "few bullets" to protect your family, then so be it. As someone with knowledge of what it takes to defend yourself, I choose to have more options than a "few bullets" when it comes to the safety of my family. I don't need a liberal to tell me different.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

hookset wrote:Buck, mobeagle wouldn't know a fact if it slapped him in the mouth.

Bad people are going to do bad things no matter what kind of weapon they have. The worst school mass murder was caused by an old man and a bomb he planted in a school. Although the media did state that the Newtown shooter had an AR-15 rifle, not many told you he did NOT use it in the massacre, he left it in the car. In the same week as the Newtown shooting, a nut in China killed and wounded many in a school using a knife.

An "assault weapon" ban is just a phrase to scare those who have no knowledge of firearms into thinking that a particular gun is bad. A .22 single shot is an "assault rifle" if it is used to harm someone. In the 1800's, a Henry rifle would have been an "assault rifle" since it was the 'load in the morning and shoot all day' rifle. Being a modern weapon does not make it an "assault rifle".

If you believe that you only need a "few bullets" to protect your family, then so be it. As someone with knowledge of what it takes to defend yourself, I choose to have more options than a "few bullets" when it comes to the safety of my family. I don't need a liberal to tell me different.

And how many bullets have you used thus far in your life to "protect your family" 1,000 500, 300, 20, 1? Its probably 0.... you have never probably needed one bullet to protect your family yet your protecting the right for someone to have a clip like that to kill some kids.. Awesome! I am sure Jesus would be proud of you... Not turn the other cheek, but use a hundred and fifty bullets to put a cap in his ass right?? That was the biblical quote right???

And if you do need more than a few bullets to protect your family from a whole host of people you need to kill, then I would suggest changing your name. I have never been attacked by a plethora of people.. If you have, then I honestly feel sorry for whatever you have done in your life to deserve it..

I see you pulled that quote off the internet like every other conservative did because it sounds cool... well here you go:

as·sault ri·fle
Noun
A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

Ya, because last I checked all of our military use magazine fed .22 Remington walmart specials to combat the enemy. Get real...
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

hookset

Post by hookset »

Mobeagle,

You know what I do for a living dip-crap. Think about it for just a second, I'm sure a coherent thought may come into your head. I know since you're nearly 25 years old that you've been around long enough to know everything. I've been doing this job for close to 20 years and have seen things that would make you puke. How many times have YOU been shot at? How many of your family members have been shot? How many co-workers have you had to bury? When it comes to defending yourself, I think I'll rely on my own personal experience and training than what you suggest.

Mo. Beagler 5000

hookset wrote:Mobeagle,

You know what I do for a living dip-crap. Think about it for just a second, I'm sure a coherent thought may come into your head. I know since you're nearly 25 years old that you've been around long enough to know everything. I've been doing this job for close to 20 years and have seen things that would make you puke. How many times have YOU been shot at? How many of your family members have been shot? How many co-workers have you had to bury? When it comes to defending yourself, I think I'll rely on my own personal experience and training than what you suggest.

Wait, because your a cop you have to protect your personal family more than the next guy? How many of your officers have been shot or killed? Quit making it out like police officers get massacred in the streets everyday. Ya, you definitely need a gun on duty because people are crazy and you signed up to help with that kind of idiocy and officers do get shot. about 150 a year or less.. That's over 50,000 less than other innocent people every year and actually other professions have a higher death rate due to gun shot wounds oddly enough..

But my point still stands; even in uniform, how many times have you shot and killed someone to protect your family when they were in immediate personal danger? never? Thanks for protecting me and all and I know you don't get paid NEARLY ENOUGH to do it but to pretend you have bad guys breaking into your home to get you would be less than truthful even in an inner city, let alone a very unpopulated county of Missouri....

And ya, you probably do need an assault riffle in some situations and you deserve to have one... Someone who is not in charge of protecting and serving, not so much...

hookset

Post by hookset »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:Wait, because your a cop you have to protect your personal family more than the next guy
That's the point. Everyone should be able to protect their family, not just me.
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:How many of your officers have been shot or killed?
You're not worth telling those things and some things don't need to be drudged up for the entertainment of others. I figured since you knew so much, you'd have known what was happening so close to home. If you want call me out on my experiences, we can do that in private, not on here.
Last edited by hookset on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC

Post by TC »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:how many bullets have you used thus far in your life to "protect your family" 1,000 500, 300, 20, 1? Its probably 0.... you have never probably needed one bullet to protect your family yet your protecting the right for someone to have a clip like that to kill some kids.. Awesome! I am sure Jesus would be proud of you... Not turn the other cheek, but use a hundred and fifty bullets to put a cap in his ass right?? That was the biblical quote right???

And if you do need more than a few bullets to protect your family from a whole host of people you need to kill, then I would suggest changing your name. I have never been attacked by a plethora of people.. If you have, then I honestly feel sorry for whatever you have done in your life to deserve it..

I see you pulled that quote off the internet like every other conservative did because it sounds cool... well here you go:

as·sault ri·fle
Noun

Ya, because last I checked all of our military use magazine fed .22 Remington walmart specials to combat the enemy. Get real...
Those PEOPLE that HAVE the AUTHORITY is EXACTLY WHY we need the guns we have!!
as·sault ri·fle
Noun
here is the KEY WORD here there are already laws in place for AUTOMATIC weapons has been for years But the Ones they are after now are the SEMI AUTOMATIC there is a difference LOOK IT UP!!
According to Obama and his Cronies my Winchester model 100 in .308 would be classified as an Assault weapon as well as my Mossberg 500
Thats the Problem with you people You are just totally UNINFORMED
The last i looked the numbers were 67% Against the gun grabbers
Just as Soon as the Law enforcement and the military give up THEIR guns then we can talk until then the 2nd amendment gives me Protection Against them.
Everybody keeps jumpin to the AR 15 used at Sandy Hook the AR 15 WAS NOT USED AT SANDY HOOK To kill the children it was still in the trunk of the car he drove to the school in! It Dont matter how many Ways the OBAMA networks try to Edit it..When the Stuff breaks loose which neighbors house you gonna Run to Mo the one with the Muzzle loader or the one Who can actually help Defend your Sorry Azz? :ashamed:
Me personally I Want the same type of Guns that those who will try to come take mine have! And the 2nd Allows me that By Decree on this I Will NOT budge!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Mo. Beagler 5000

hookset wrote:
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:Wait, because your a cop you have to protect your personal family more than the next guy
That's the point. Everyone should be able to protect their family, not just me.
Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:How many of your officers have been shot or killed?
Half of my fellow zone officers that were here when I arrived are dead now. All but one of them were younger than me. My seargent 6 years ago was shot in the back of the head with a .243 rifle as he got out of his patrol car at his house. He was then shot twice in the face at close range with a 12 guage shotgun, right here in this "unpopulated" area. He had a 3 year old boy named Hayden. The year before, he had helped me in investigating the shooting of my mother-in-law. She was also shot in the head at her house because my father-in-law was chief deputy. Also in this "unpopulated" county. I was there to arrest both of those shooters. I would tell you more stories about my "peaceful" life, but you're not worth telling them too and some things don't need to be drudged up for the entertainment of others. I figured since you knew so much, you'd have known what was happening so close to home. If you want call me out on my experiences, we can do that in private, not on here.

YOU BROUGHT UP YOUR EXPERIENCES by claiming your protecting your family everyday of the week from people trying to kill you guys...... That makes it fair game.. and in either of those cases, as much as you want it too, an assault riffle wouldn't have helped either the officer or your mother in law. As a matter of fact had we had tighter gun control legislation, then those officers would be alive.. That is a fact... You of all people should realize that guns can seriously do damage and yet your stubborn enough to allow it to continue because why? You think people should have whatever gun they want to protect themselves from imaginary intruders... I am willing to bet there is more citizens who are killed by assault riffles every year than saved by them. (police/military excluded)

And actually neither the highway patrol or the officer down fund has any mention at all of officers dying in Reynolds County.. Good possibility you are referring to a different county you worked at but here is the officers killed in the line of duty in Mo and where they are from. I bet there is a lot of families of those hero's on that list that wish we had tougher gun laws.. How many more officers have to die?
http://www.odmp.org/search/browse/missouri
http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWe ... index.html

hookset

Post by hookset »

Don't confuse him with facts TC, it's hard on the uninformed.

Carl Dewayne Graham. He lived in the county to the south, but worked Reynolds county too. It's the same zone jack.
Last edited by hookset on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Here is the KEY WORD here there are already laws in place for AUTOMATIC weapons has been for years But the Ones they are after now are the SEMI AUTOMATIC there is a difference LOOK IT UP!!
According to Obama and his Cronies my Winchester model 100 in .308 would be classified as an Assault weapon as well as my Mossberg 500
Thats the Problem with you people You are just totally UNINFORMED
The last i looked the numbers were 67% Against the gun grabbers
Just as Soon as the Law enforcement and the military give up THEIR guns then we can talk until then the 2nd amendment gives me Protection Against them.
Everybody keeps jumpin to the AR 15 used at Sandy Hook the AR 15 WAS NOT USED AT SANDY HOOK To kill the children it was still in the trunk of the car he drove to the school in! It Dont matter how many Ways the OBAMA networks try to Edit it..When the Stuff breaks loose which neighbors house you gonna Run to Mo the one with the Muzzle loader or the one Who can actually help Defend your Sorry Azz? :ashamed:
Me personally I Want the same type of Guns that those who will try to come take mine have! And the 2nd Allows me that By Decree on this I Will NOT budge!!
Why don't you read the stats I provided then? I am the one mis-informed but your not even listening to your own news organization....67 percent are against outlawing guns period actually its higher but 60 percent agree with what Obama asked congress to make law and his executive orders... I realize I am in the minority on this board. I don't care one bit.

For the record, YES HE DID USE THE AR-15/ It was the shot gun they found in the trunk.. Watch the video or read these..http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connec ... index.html http://www.businessinsider.com/what-gun ... se-2012-12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook ... l_shooting Where in the heck do you guys get your facts? Not even fox news is saying the guy didn't have one on him and use it...

I AM NOT ARGUING WE DONT NEED GUNS-- I AM ARGUING WE NEED TO STOP LETTING CRAZY ASSES HAVE THEM BY MAKING MORE BACKGROUND CHECKS, MENTAL HEALTH CHECKS, MONEY FOR ENFORCEMENT, STIFFER PENALTIES, CLOSING THE BORDERS, ETC... And in my lifetime, the government has never once threatened me. EVER.. Sure it could happen but we both know it won't.

I will say it again, my argument is that if you think a ar 15 is protecting you against our military you have no idea what you would be up against and more importantly, as Christian republicans, Imagine standing before Jesus and repeating your comments on this board. "I will not budge" Even if it means saving lives? Did Jesus budge when he was being beat to death? You don't go around life fearing everyone and everything that moves... Did jesus use a shank to protect his loved ones? No he got off his hump and made a difference by living in a non violent peaceful manner. I can't believe its the religious people that fight for the right to blow someones head off if someone threatens you.. its hypocrisy at its finest.

hookset

Post by hookset »

When you're old enough to have kids mobeagle, you'll understand the belief that blowing the head off someone trying to hurt them is a good idea.

And he did not us the ar to shoot anybody. That's going by the Fact Bulletin that was sent out to other law enforcemet agencies. But I'm sure that no news story from cnn could be wrong.

TC

Post by TC »

Why has no surveillance footage been released from the Sandy Hook shooting, showing Adam Lanza blasting away with an AR-15?
But with the Sandy Hook school shooting, no video footage has been released. A reasonable person has to ask the question: WHY?

You see, the release of footage of Adam Lanza murdering children with an AR-15 — if such a thing even happened — would strongly support the mainstream media’s call for banning so-called “assault rifles.”

Answer: The AR-15 appears to have been left in his car and never even used in the shooting

The real answer to all this — and this reveals the “Big Lie” of the mainstream media — is that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was left in Lanza’s car.
see thats the Problem With YOUR type MO caint tell a AR 15 from a Mossberg 500 But can Sure Spew the Anti Gun Propaganda..Probably used Snopes too!!
Then again there is, "No Truth in the News and No News in the Truth."

Swamper AR

Post by Swamper AR »

The kid from Sandy stole those guns and used them in a gun free zone. Did any existing laws stop him? NO so why would new ones stop him? Sorry Mo. but you seem a bit naive. Maybe you should get out a bit more.
If I agreed with you then we'd both be wrong.

TC

Post by TC »

"The SCARY part to me is HE is TEACHING CHILDREN"

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

Swamper AR wrote:The kid from Sandy stole those guns and used them in a gun free zone. Did any existing laws stop him? NO so why would new ones stop him? Sorry Mo. but you seem a bit naive. Maybe you should get out a bit more.
TC wrote:"The SCARY part to me is HE is TEACHING CHILDREN"

:check: :check: :check: :eyes:
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell