Coyote in North Carolina

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Oak Beagles

Coyote in North Carolina

Post by Big Oak Beagles »

Our genius Wildlife Commission spent truck loads of taxpayers money to transplant wild turkeys around the state and even more on waterfowl research and habitat,then spent more money to bring in coyote all over the state where we didn't have them before.Raising costs of hunting and fishing licenses,taxes on hunting and fishing equipment went up for this.Since doing this the coyote population has gotten out of control,we have seen our small game population suffer extremely including turkeys,ducks,quail,rabbit,squirrel,coon,mink,and even fawn deer!What were these idiots thinking? Wasting taxpayers money to bring in coyote to kill what they just spent money to bring back to healthy numbers.We all should protest any limitations on coyote hunting and closed seasons on them.I hope nobody has to go through what we small game hunters here in North Carolina are facing now!A big thank you goes out to all the coyote hunters,we small game hunters appreciate every coyote you and your hounds or electronic calls take out!

ericwaddle3

Re: Coyote in North Carolina

Post by ericwaddle3 »

In Illinois coyotes are legal year round and you can take them just about anyway you see fit. They are an extremely adaptive species and are very intelligent. If you work hard at it, you may be able to keep them in check, but you'll have your work cut of for ya. Good Luck.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

les guynn

Coyote in WesternMaryland and West virginia

Post by les guynn »

Coyotes takeing over, in are mountains which they really like because of are ruff rocky caves and old strip mines, Rabbits are way down in population. Are white tail deer starting to show the effect. Grouse and turkey showing effect,They are every where you go to hunt if you have beagles, they are in DANGER, I know from the attacks on my dogs. THEY will eat small house dogs and cats and a lot of small farm animals. We will have to make some decisions soon to how we can cut these killers out of are hunting grounds, Les Guynn

S.R.Patch

Re: Coyote in North Carolina

Post by S.R.Patch »

It does all seem counterproductive. We needed snakes, bobcats & river otters. Well, all the trailcam pics show these bobcats carrying around a squirrel or rabbit, and the river otters arn't staying in the river but going up every drainage to every fishing pond on the farms and cleaning them out.
It does make you wonder which is the biggest nut in the tree, the whiteoak or the DNR. Maybe they are against the hunters and for the birdwatchers.