Central KY Beagle Club MWBGF SPO-March 15, 16 Wilmore, KY

Please post only upcoming trials here. Post results, congratulatory notes, and related discussions in the regular Field Trialing Forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jdmart

Central KY Beagle Club MWBGF SPO-March 15, 16 Wilmore, KY

Post by jdmart »

Central KY Beagle Club
Bluegrass Sportsman League
2500 Handy's Bend Road
Wilmore, KY
March 15, 16, 2014

8:00 AM Closing Time

Sat. 13" Males-Steven Bailey & James Brewer
Sat. 15" Males-Denny Dugan & Bryan Bush
Sun. 13" Females-Ronnie Robinson & Brian Garmatter
Sun. 15" Females-Tony Eyer & Glen Townsend

State Clocks to 1st Place. Plaques to 2nd thru NBQ. Rosettes to 1st tru NBQ

GPS: 2500 Handy’s Bend Rd., Wilmore, KY
Map Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&expId ... CBIQ8gEwAA

Signs will be posted on US 27.

From I-75 South take Exit 62 at Mt. Vernon proceed to Stanford on US 150, turn right on to US 27, proceed on US 27 for approx. 23 miles to KY-1268, (4 miles North of the KY River), (right before Valley Farm Equipment) turn left go 3.2 miles, turn left onto Glass Mill Rd. (KY 1268). Go .7 miles, stay straight on Figg Lane 1.7 miles turn left on Handy’s Bend Rd. 1.5 miles. Follow signs once you pass the gate.

From I-75 North take Exit 108 Man-O-War Blvd. proceed until Nicholasville Rd. (about 10-15 min.) US 27 turn left, drive South to KY-1268 (5 3/4 miles past Lowes),(right past Valley Farm Equipment) this is south of Nicholasville. Turn right on KY-1268 go west 3.2 miles, turn left onto Glass Mill Rd./KY1268, go .7 miles. Stay stay straight on Figg Lane 1.7 miles, turn left on Handy’s Bend Rd. 1.5. Follow signs once you pass the gate.

1400 Acres of Prime Running Grounds!

Breakfest and lunch served daily.

Jeff Martin 859-326-6068 FTS

J Martin

Re: Central KY Beagle Club MWBGF SPO-March 15, 16 Wilmore, K

Post by J Martin »

:check:
Jonathan Martin
Buffalo Branch Beagles

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Anybody know how long it would take me to get from Knoxville,Tn. to the club grounds? I'm about an hour south of Knoxville.Just trying to see when I'd have to get on the road to get there for entries,etc.
Thanks.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

ray s

Post by ray s »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:Anybody know how long it would take me to get from Knoxville,Tn. to the club grounds? I'm about an hour south of Knoxville.Just trying to see when I'd have to get on the road to get there for entries,etc.
Thanks.
If you give me your home address, I can get on an Internet map site and find out for you.

J Martin

Post by J Martin »

Shady Grove, google says it's 168 miles or 2 hours and 40 minutes from Knoxville to the grounds. So it's probably around 3 and a half hours from where you are. Hope to see you there.
Jonathan Martin
Buffalo Branch Beagles

Shady Grove Beagles

Ray s
Thanks for the offer.My wife said she'd do me a map quest on her computer at work.
J Martin
Thanks for the info.Definetly plan on making it.I'm not much of a trialer anymore but still enjoy putting a couple of dogs down and see how they compete from time to time and getting to visit with other dedicated beaglers.
Am considering coming up on Sat. to watch some 15" males run.I have 15" females that will run on Sun.What town/city would have motel accomadations? Cheap accomadations----remember I'm a beagler!LOL.
How's the rabbit population on your running grounds?

ray s

Post by ray s »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:Ray s
Thanks for the offer.My wife said she'd do me a map quest on her computer at work.
You're welcome. If you have never run at the Bluegrass Sportsman League? That place is great! They have had plenty of game and beautiful running grounds. Central KY is an A1 club with a great bunch of guys running it.
Last edited by ray s on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bryantsville Beagler

Post by Bryantsville Beagler »

Nicholasville is the closet town to the running grounds with motels which is prolly 15 minutes away
J&D's Kennel
Jeff & Dylan Hill

J Martin

Post by J Martin »

There are several different hotels within about a 20 minute drive. Finding a room to suite what you're looking for should be no problem. There are plenty of rabbits at the grounds. We've never had problems finding any there, that's for sure!
Jonathan Martin
Buffalo Branch Beagles

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

:check:

Shady Grove Beagles

Haven't seen too much posting in regards to this trial.Do you think it will pull a good number of entries?
I see where there is an A.R.H.A. Ky.State Hunt that same weekend.Will that pull some guys in that direction or is that two different groups of trialers? I know some guys will trial both formats but I think most are either or----Little pack or A.K.C.
I run 15" females on Sunday but would like to get up there on Saturday to watch the big males run.I know closing is 8:00 A.M. but what time do you think casts will start going to the field?

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

The running grounds are at the clubhouse, so the casts will be started very quickly after 8:00 AM. The KY State Little Pack Hunt will have a small affect. There were over 90 dogs last year.

Motels:

Home Place Inn-$56 Used to be Super 8, located within a couple if hundred yards of the Holiday Inn Express at the North end of Nicholasville, just off US 27.

Holiday Inn Express-$99

Comfort Inn-$90 Just South of Nicholasville off US 27.

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Excellent grounds with a plethora of rabbits! Horseback judging and spring time running buck rabbits! Will be a great trial.

BM Orchard

Post by BM Orchard »

Weather says good running!!!!