History Lesson

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Re: History Lesson

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I think the last honest president we had was Ronald Reagan. We have spiraled down a premeditated slippery slope since and it started with Bush Sr. The only thing that puzzled me was why Reagan picked Bush Sr. to be VP. Clinton and Bush Sr. were in in it together, like the Rep. and Dem. are today. Don't be fooled. Our Presidents today are puppets controlled by the world's elite rich bankers through the CFR, media, and Hollyweird. Lay your treasures up in heaven where moth and mold do not corrupt.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/025455.php

Here is a shocker :roll: :!: :bomb: :mad2: :angryfire:

March 30, 2009
Obama nominee sees no "reason why sharia law would not be applied to govern a case in the United States"

Big fan of "transnational legal process"

On top of that, this Obama pick believes that "America's focus on the War on Terror [is] 'obsessive.'" And his list of countries that flagrantly disregard international law highlights North Korea, Iraq, and the U.S.A. -- which he collectively calls "the axis of disobedience."

"Obama's most perilous legal pick," by Meghan Clyne for the New York Post, March 30 (thanks to Doc Washburn):

JUDGES should interpret the Constitution according to other nations' legal "norms." Sharia law could apply to disputes in US courts. The United States constitutes an "axis of disobedience" along with North Korea and Saddam-era Iraq.

Those are the views of the man on track to become one of the US government's top lawyers: Harold Koh.

President Obama has nominated Koh -- until last week the dean of Yale Law School -- to be the State Department's legal adviser. In that job, Koh would forge a wide range of international agreements on issues from trade to arms control, and help represent our country in such places as the United Nations and the International Court of Justice.

It's a job where you want a strong defender of America's sovereignty. But that's not Koh. He's a fan of "transnational legal process," arguing that the distinctions between US and international law should vanish.

What would this look like in a practical sense? Well, California voters have overruled their courts, which had imposed same-sex marriage on the state. Koh would like to see such matters go up the chain through federal courts -- which, in turn, should look to the rest of the world. If Canada, the European Human Rights Commission and the United Nations all say gay marriage should be legal -- well, then, it should be legal in California too, regardless of what the state's voters and elected representatives might say.

He even believes judges should use this "logic" to strike down the death penalty, which is clearly permitted in the US Constitution.

The primacy of international legal "norms" applies even to treaties we reject. For example, Koh believes that the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child -- a problematic document that we haven't ratified -- should dictate the age at which individual US states can execute criminals. Got that? On issues ranging from affirmative action to the interrogation of terrorists, what the rest of the world says, goes.

Including, apparently, the world of radical imams. A New York lawyer, Steven Stein, says that, in addressing the Yale Club of Greenwich in 2007, Koh claimed that "in an appropriate case, he didn't see any reason why sharia law would not be applied to govern a case in the United States."

A spokeswoman for Koh said she couldn't confirm the incident, responding: "I had heard that some guy . . . had asked a question about sharia law, and that Dean Koh had said something about that while there are obvious differences among the many different legal systems, they also share some common legal concepts."

Score one for America's enemies and hostile international bureaucrats, zero for American democracy.

Koh has called America's focus on the War on Terror "obsessive." In 2004, he listed countries that flagrantly disregard international law -- "most prominently, North Korea, Iraq, and our own country, the United States of America," which he branded "the axis of disobedience.[...]

Even though he's up for a State Department job, Koh is a key test case in the "judicial wars." If he makes it through (which he will if he gets even a single GOP vote) the message to the Obama team will be: You can pick 'em as radical as you like.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

PBS.org subject; black money ...BAE Systems
Unbelievable the corruption and extortion going on. The only defense the Saudi's could say was, "we're not the worst of it".
Bush and Blair deer in the headlight looks, Bush reply, "Tony, I'm glad it's your question and not mine"... :lol:

This is a World Elitist scam, There are so many hands in the cookie jar their stuck ...all we can do is watch "as the cookies crumble"... :(

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

old blood beagles wrote:Bush JR. created the Department of Homeland Security which was the largest reorginization of federal agencies in the history of the United States.
It started out as a good thing, but Obama has made it where the good people are terrorists, & the DHS is the largest spy organization we have, & they're gonna be spying on us, the law abiding citizen.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

old blood beagles wrote:
Bush JR. created the Department of Homeland Security which was the largest reorginization of federal agencies in the history of the United States.--ONE OF THE WORST THINGS THAT HAS HAPPENED TO LEGAL CITIZENS ,SPYING ,PUTTING ANYONE WHO DID NOT AGREE WITH THEM, ON THE MOST WANTED LIST,ONLY THING THIS ACCOMPLISHED WAS GET THE IDIOT BACK IN OFFICE AND ,SCARE TACTICS. CHILDREN ON THE NO FLY LIST .JUST VERY EXPENSIVE ,AND A DECEPTION THAT IT WAS DOING SOMETHING FOR THE SAFETY OF AMERICANS .NOTHING MORE......YOUR DOING A GOOD JOB BROWNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!--KATRINA---ANOTHER FAILURE---

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

More of your mindless Bush rhetoric with no facts to support it. SAD, YOU must have gotten the idea of anyone in disagreement with the administration being placed a list from Janet Napolitono.

Pine Mt Beagles

by Rabbithoundjb on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:13 pm

More of your mindless Bush rhetoric with no facts to support it. SAD, YOU must have gotten the idea of anyone in disagreement with the administration being placed a list from Janet Napolitono.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY WHEN HE IS IN JAIL,,,I TOLD YOU MONTHS AGO THEY WOULD MAKE HIM PAY FOR HIS CRIMES,,,,,,,,AND LOOKS LIKE IT IS COMMING ,,,,,,,,I DON'T THINK EVEN PRESIDENT OBAMA CAN SAVE HIM...BUT HE MIGHT PARDON HIM .I DON'T THNK HE WILL PARDON KING,,,, DICK,,,,

FACTS ARE COMMING OUT EVERY DAY .

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Where are your facts Pine mt., If the interagation tactics used saved 1 american life it is worth it, lets be honest here they didn't kill them they interagated them. Far worse has been done to americans. Let me ask you a question, if your child had been taken what limitation would you apply to yourself to get the child back or to keep your family safe. We are talking about people trying to kill americans here. Talk about anti american, you want to prosecute the people trying to keep america safe. The next time you hear of gang shootout going on run on down there and talk to them and see how that works out for you.

Pine Mt Beagles

History Lesson
by Rabbithoundjb on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 am

Where are your facts Pine mt., If the interagation tactics used saved 1 american life it is worth it, lets be honest here they didn't kill them they interagated them. Far worse has been done to americans. Let me ask you a question, if your child had been taken what limitation would you apply to yourself to get the child back or to keep your family safe. We are talking about people trying to kill americans here. Talk about anti american, you want to prosecute the people trying to keep america safe. The next time you hear of gang shootout going on run on down there and talk to them and see how that works out for you.------------------THE FACTS AND MEMO'S ARE BEING TURNED LOOSE EVERY DAY,,,BUT THEY ARE JUST A TOOL TO GET HIM FOR OTHER,CRIMES..-----KINDA LIKE, AL CAPONE AND INCOME TAXE'S .-----
LET'S CLEAR ONE THING UP FIRST,, I HAVE NEVER SAID I WAS AGANIST TOTURE' TO GET INFORMATION.-----IF THESE RAG HEADS WANT TO SEE TORTURE THEY NEED TO GO TO NAM,,,,,AND I DO APPOLOGIZE FOR NOT MAKING THAT CLEAR UP FRONT ....
WHAT I'AM SAYING IS THAT,,,,,,,,,,,,, GEORGE BUSH,,,,,,,,,, IS GOING TO GET WHAT HE DESIRVES ,,,AND THIS IS HOW .....IT WILL HAPPEN.......PART OF THE THINGS HE DID,,,DO,, LIED US INTO A WAR,KILLED THOUSANDS .COST THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES.AND UNTOLD EXPENSE TO FUTURE GEN'S OF AMERICAN'S
HAS CREATED A DANGERIOUS ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL AMERICANS WHO TRAVEL ABROAD.AND THE LIST, JUST GOES ON AND ON.ECOMNOMY,JOBS,HEALTH CARE ,HOMELESS VET'S,ETC.
---------------BUT I WILL NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TORTURE-------------

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Typical of Obama supporters, Obama has not accomplished anything but making the country laughable so lets talk about Bush and maybe people wont notice how bad Obama is doing.

Pine Mt Beagles

JUST THIS---his rating is still in the 60's and people think he is doing good with the economy .so far no negetives,,
OBAMA, COULD RETIRE TODAY NEVER BE SEEN FROM AGAIN.AND HE IS SO MUCH AHEAD OF BUSH, THAT ANYONE SAYING THE NAME,,, GEORGE BUSH IN HEARING DISTANCE OF" PRESIDENT OBAMA" SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOR AT LEASST A MONTH .

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:JUST THIS---his rating is still in the 60's and people think he is doing good with the economy .so far no negetives,,
OBAMA, COULD RETIRE TODAY NEVER BE SEEN FROM AGAIN.AND HE IS SO MUCH AHEAD OF BUSH, THAT ANYONE SAYING THE NAME,,, GEORGE BUSH IN HEARING DISTANCE OF" PRESIDENT OBAMA" SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOR AT LEASST A MONTH .
Rufus you have no respect for the office of the President. To call Obama a President is a slap in the face of America. You must be a 60's Liberal,peace love and flowers right. Obama couldn't hold Bushe's pencil,History will tell the tale and History will be kinder to Bush than the Liberals that tried to take over and ruin this Nation. You must live in a dream world cause you are way out of touch with reality. :loser:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:JUST THIS---his rating is still in the 60's and people think he is doing good with the economy .so far no negetives,,
Looks to me that you should be trown in the slammer and never let out, as many times as you refer to and slam our former president BUSH!!!!!!!!!
:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Lets talk history, Cuba was in love with Castro, Germany was enamored with Hitler, Venezuala loves Chavez, Iran hales Ahmadinajad and I could go on and on. Being popular and being right or being in the best interest of a country are two different things. Our society builds up the worst people, admires the unscrupilous, defends the criminals, prosecutes the innocent and you honesty think their opinions on popularity carry any weight with the minority of people with values, decency, morals, ethics, principles and just plain common sence. HUH I DOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

Your going to drown in that koolaid and hateraid Pine mt.

Pine Mt Beagles

YOU GUY'S ARE SO FAR OUT IN BUSH FAIRY LAND .I GUESS YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO WALK ,YOU BACK AND FORTH, TO THE TABLE SO YOU CAN EAT SOME, MORE,,,,, BUSH BUTT.
IF I AM OUT OF TOUCH I 'AM HAPPY TO BE,OUT THERE , WITH THE OTHER 60 PLUS PERCENT OF THE REAL AMERICANS, I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, BUT AMERICA IS GOING ON JUST FINE WITH OUT YOU,, ,AND YOU SAY I DON'T RESPECT THE PRESIDENT'S OFFICE,GEORGE BUSH OR DICK CHANEY DIDN'T WHY DON'T YOU TELL IT TO THEM,, I'AM JUST AS AMERICAN AS YOU ,LET ME TAKE THAT BACK .I 'AM MORE SO BECAUSE, I BELIEVE ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, YOU DON'T. I RESPECT PRESIDENT OBAMA VERY MUCH .YOU GUY'S ARE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF RACIST'S, NARROW MINDED,BUTT HEADS THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING BUT YOUR SELF,THE PEOPLE LOOSING JOBS , THEIR HOMES, NO HEALTH CARE ,401K'S GONE,GM, FORD DODGE,SHUTTING DOWN.ECONOMIC MELT DOWN,BANKS CLOSING ,LONG AS I GOT MY GUN ,TO HELL WITH THE REST OF YOU ,WE ALL LOVE OUR GUN'S BUT YOU GUY'S ARE NUT'S. . THERE IS JUST NO OTHER EXPLAINATION.THE MAN WON WITH 365 ELECTORIAL VOTES, AND IS MAKING PROGRESS EVERY DAY, .SURE SOME OF YOU NUT'S COULDN'T FIND THE POLLES TO VOTE.BUT YOU CAN TRY AGAIN IN -4-YRS .

History Lesson
by Rabbithoundjb on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 pm

Lets talk history, Cuba was in love with Castro, Germany was enamored with Hitler, Venezuala loves Chavez, Iran hales Ahmadinajad and I could go on and on. Being popular and being right or being in the best interest of a country are two different things. Our society builds up the worst people, admires the unscrupilous, defends the criminals, prosecutes the innocent and you honesty think their opinions on popularity carry any weight with the minority of people with values,--YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING-- decency, morals, ethics, principles and just plain common sence. HUH I DOUT IT!!!!!!!!! PINE MT-- WROTE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING,BUSH DON'T EVEN RATE TO RUN WITH THIS BUNCH, BUT I THINK YOU GUY'S WILL FIT IN NICELY..----------------------RABITHOUNDJB,,,,,,2500HD,,,,,TOMYG,,,,,PERFECT EXAMPLES OF WHY BIRTH CONTROL WAS A HIT,YEARS AGO..