Rare honest Politician

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Rare honest Politician

Post by Newt »

Sandoval out!
"Well, if Obama likes me, I must not be qualified. Peace/out."

Gov. Sandoval says he's not interested in potential Supreme Court nomination
Trevon Milliard, tmilliard@rgj.com 10:50 a.m. PST February 25, 2016
Brian Sandoval

(Photo: Kevin Clifford, AP)
46 CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 4 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval announced Thursday morning that he's declining a possible nomination for the U.S. Supreme Court.

“Earlier today, I notified the White House that I do not wish to be considered at this time for possible nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States," Sandoval said in a statement Thursday. "I have also spoken to Senators Reid, Heller and McConnell and expressed the same desire to them. The notion of being considered for a seat on the highest court in the land is beyond humbling and I am incredibly grateful to have been mentioned."

The White House declined to say Thursday whether Sandoval was ever seriously considered in the first place.

“Even after the fact, I’m not going to get into a lot of details about who's on the president's list and who is not,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said.

Nevada's senior U.S. senator, Harry Reid, recommended Sandoval for President Barack Obama's consideration in nominating a replacement for the recently deceased Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

News of Sandoval's potential nomination slipped to the public on Wednesday as the White House vetted Sandoval for a possible nomination, among other candidates who haven't been identified.