Trump lie about Comey Firing

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

Trump lie about Comey Firing

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Trump admits everything the White House has been saying about why he fired Comey is a lie
“I was going to fire Comey — my decision.”

During a Thursday interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, President Trump claimed the decision to fire FBI Director James Comey amid an ongoing investigation into his campaign’s ties with Russia was ultimately his and his alone.

Trump also says he decided to fire Comey before his Monday meeting with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein — a revelation that indicates the rationale he provided to Comey in a letter announcing his termination was a pretext.
“I was going to fire Comey — my decision,” Trump told Holt.

Holt pushed back, noting that in the letter to Comey, Trump wrote that he was acting on a recommendation from Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein.
“I was going to fire regardless of recommendation,” Trump said. “He made a recommendation, but regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey.”

Not only does the story Trump told Holt conflict with this letter, but it also conflicts with what Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Wednesday during the White House news conference.

At one point during that presser, a reporter asked Huckabee Sanders, “Isn’t it true that the President had already decided to fire James Comey, and he asked the Justice Department to put together the rationale for that firing?”

“No,” Huckabee Sanders replied. “I did speak directly to the president and heard directly from him that he, again, had been considering letting Director Comey go pretty much since the day he took office, but that there was no request by him to have a review at the Department of Justice.”

The case for firing Comey laid out by Rosenstein centered largely on Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email case. But Trump was largely enthusiastic about Comey’s handling of the Clinton case on the campaign trail, as it helped him win the election.

Kellyanne Conway directly contradicts the official story on Comey’s firing

At another point in the NBC interview, Holt asked Trump about an extraordinary paragraph in his letter to Comey — one that says, “While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions,(( LIE )) that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.”
Trump said one of occasions happened during a phone call he placed to Comey.
“And did you ask him, ‘Am I under investigation?’” Holt asked.
“I actually asked him, yes,” Trump said. “I said, ‘If it’s possible, will you let me know, am I under investigation?’ He said, ‘You are not under investigation.’”
Trump also indicates that Comey wanted to keep his job.
“He wanted to stay on,” Trump said. “He wanted to stay on as the FBI head, and I said, ‘I’ll consider — we’ll see what happens.’”
The New York Times reported that Comey was fired shortly after asking the Justice Department “for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election.”

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluemouse

Re: Trump lie about Comey Firing

Post by bluemouse »

Your a such a clown pinemooch. If obabbler had any nads he would have fired Comey. Wait news alert Comey was a double agent for the Dems.

Newt

Post by Newt »

PM, keep your eye on the goal.

PM, don't let the politicians get you sidetracked. Stick to the subject. Its the Russians. I'm not concerned about domestic coverups and party infighting. We have to get to the bottom of Russian influence on our electoral process.
Why is Senator Schiff of California no longer interested in Russians?

Oh! It was on Obama's watch? The hell you say.
The Democrat Party election machine refused the FBI and Homeland Security's offer to research the Computer Server? That seems odd.
Didn't they think they could trust Comey. He has been an insider his whole career. We know party insiders are above reproach. They never lie. Its those outsiders like Trump you have to watch.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

He quoted an article from ThinkProgress which was written by Aaron Rupar. Nothing else needs to be said.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

R=Reprobate =Rusdians,,,

God,,has Judged you guys and found you Wanting,,and Cursed You for Your Immorality.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid pineclown. You saw what happened to Jim Jones flock!

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

That's funny I don't feel cursed.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:47 pm
R=Reprobate =Rusdians,,,

God,,has Judged you guys and found you Wanting,,and Cursed You for Your Immorality.
Says the individual in bed with Satan. Do you have a beam in your eye Ruffy?