Draining the Swamp

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Draining the Swamp

Post by Newt »

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud, hire lawyers

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife, Jane Sanders have hired prominent defense attorneys amid an FBI investigation into a loan Jane Sanders obtained to expand Burlington College while she was its president, CBS News confirms.

Politico Magazine first reported the Sanders had hired lawyers to defend them in the probe. Sanders' top adviser Jeff Weaver told CBS News the couple has sought legal protection over federal agents' allegations from a January 2016 complaint accusing then-President of Burlington College, Ms. Sanders, of distorting donor levels in a 2010 loan application for $10 million from People's United Bank to purchase 33 acres of land for the institution.

According to Politico, prosecutors might also be looking into allegations that Sen. Sanders' office inappropriately urged the bank to approve the loan.

Burlington attorney and Sanders supporter Rich Cassidy has reportedly been hired to represent Sen. Sanders. And high-profile Washington defense attorney Larry Robbins, who counseled I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, is protecting Jane Sanders.

Brady Toensing of Burlington, the man responsible for the claims filed to the U.S. attorney for Vermont, was a chairman for the Trump campaign in his state.

"I filed a request for an investigation in January 2016 and an investigation appears to have been started right away," he said in an email to CBS News. "It was started under President Obama, his Attorney General, and his U.S. Attorney, all of whom are Democrats."

"My only hope is for a fair, impartial, and thorough investigation," Toensing added.

Weaver told CBS News that Toensing's claim that Sen. Sanders used his influence to lobby for the loan is a "political charge" that is "baseless" and "false."

And as for the claim that Ms. Sanders manipulated the loan application, Weaver said, "The loan was approved by the financial board at the college."

Sen. Sanders, formerly mayor of Burlington, Vermont's largest city, regards the claims as a political game levied against him after his run for president in the 2016 primary election, a platform which has transformed the small-state senator into an influential voice in American liberal politics.

Pine Mt Beagles

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

LOL,LOL,LOL
Newt,
You are a piece of work ,,THE WORST THING ANY DEMOCRAT IN HISTORY HAS DONE ,,WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE DAY ,,,OF,,,TRUMP.THE WORST FORM OF SCUM/ FILTH ON THE PLANET.

FACT CHECK SAYS IF TRUMP MAKES 100 STATEMENTS 87 ARE LIES,,I DONT BELIEVE THAT I HAVE NEVER HEARD HIM SAY ANYTHING TRUTHFUL.PERIOD.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 pm
LOL,LOL,LOL
Newt,
You are a piece of work ,,THE WORST THING ANY DEMOCRAT IN HISTORY HAS DONE ,,WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE DAY ,,,OF,,,TRUMP.THE WORST FORM OF SCUM/ FILTH ON THE PLANET.

FACT CHECK SAYS IF TRUMP MAKES 100 STATEMENTS 87 ARE LIES,,I DONT BELIEVE THAT I HAVE NEVER HEARD HIM SAY ANYTHING TRUTHFUL.PERIOD.
PM your a CNN sucker for fake news ! CNN make you and patch look like dumbass .
TheJohnBirchSociety

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 pm
LOL,LOL,LOL
Newt,

Typical liberal. Can't refute with facts(because he has none to support his case) so he reverts to name calling and slander. Rufus has picked up his ball and went home.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I don't post for you republicans,ever,I ,post for Real American's,that stop here and read you republicans LIEING posts.

I have found if you're talking to A republican you are having A one sided conversation.

Republicans,are not capable of common understanding they live in a fake reality,LIKE DONALD J TRUMP HAS AMERICAS BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.PATHETIC.

We just celebrated Independence Day,,1776------->NOW IT IS 2017---->AND REPUBLICANS HAVE INVITED RUSSIANS AND THEIR SPYS INTO THE OVAL OFFICE,,,,,,WILLING.!!!

AMERICANS SECOND WORST ENEMY,,BEHIND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

We know PMB you post for other morons like you.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am
I don't post for you republicans,ever,I ,post for Real American's,that stop here and read you republicans LIEING posts.

I have found if you're talking to A republican you are having A one sided conversation.

Republicans,are not capable of common understanding they live in a fake reality,LIKE DONALD J TRUMP HAS AMERICAS BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.PATHETIC.

We just celebrated Independence Day,,1776------->NOW IT IS 2017---->AND REPUBLICANS HAVE INVITED RUSSIANS AND THEIR SPYS INTO THE OVAL OFFICE,,,,,,WILLING.!!!

AMERICANS SECOND WORST ENEMY,,BEHIND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.
Yeah, I think I seen where Trump to the Russian Ambassador that he would have more flexibility after he was re-elected. Good lord you're a hypocrite. Typical liberal, even if it's untrue just keep saying it.