UAW Still Helping the Little Man

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

UAW Still Helping the Little Man

Post by Newt »

Anyone who knows about Jackson Mississippi knows they need help. They just elected a man who succeeded he father in that Mayoral position. His father's dream was for all the southern states to succeed from the USA and be come a black dominated country. Business has been leaving Jackson as well as the educated black and white population.

Mayor-elect Lumumba: Jackson 'to be the most radical city on the planet'
www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/0 ... 387058001/
Jun 12, 2017 - Mayor-elect Chokwe Antar Lumumba talked about making Jackson "the most radical city on the planet" Friday at the People's Summit in ...

Nissan built a plant north of Jackson about fifteen years ago. They are probably the largest employer in the area outside of the government. Lately the UAW has set its goal to gain acceptance by the employees.

quote:
CANTON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - The union vote at Canton's Nissan plant is just over a week away. Some employees are voicing their frustration after learning the United Auto Workers has given thousands of dollars to area non-profits, churches, hotels and individuals.

quote:
"I was shocked," said Jason Brown. "I was very shocked." "One Voice One Mississippi got paid $91,000 in 2016," said Kinoy Brown. "Along with the NAACP from 2016 to 2013, they received a $7,000 check, $5,000 check, $10,000 check. All I'm asking is be up front. If you are for the people let us know you are for the people." Documentation shows the United Automobile Workers have funneled thousands of dollars to area organizations for several years ahead of the Nissan union vote.

quote:
"I think we are dominated more of the African Americans at Nissan," Brown said. "Of course they've reached out to our pastors and preachers and put them out front because they know we respect them and their title and the role they are playing in the churches. Of course we listen to them. I don't want our people to be blindfolded because they are speaking."

quote:
The General Baptist Association shows they received $100,000 in year 2013 and our president is right here in Canton, MS," Brown said. "He is one of the four front runners for the UAW. If there are no hidden agendas be open and honest with us, that's all we are asking."

quote:
Bribe so to speak and to try and get them to go against Nissan is furthermore proof this is not a good idea," Brown said. We reached out to the non profits for comment, but our calls have not yet been returned.
http://m.msnewsnow.com/msnewsnow/db_330 ... d=YFDyu1nC

Nissan has stated that they would close the plant if it votes in the UAW.

In other Union News:
quote:
DETROIT -- Fiat Chrysler’s former labor-relations chief, Alphons Iacobelli, used $1 million intended to train UAW members to buy himself a Ferrari, two solid-gold pens costing $37,500 each, a swimming pool and other luxuries, according to an indictment from a federal grand jury on Wednesday.
Iacobelli, who abruptly left the automaker in June 2015, also allegedly helped funnel $1.2 million from the UAW-Chrysler National Training Center to General Holiefield, who was in charge of the UAW’s negotiations with FCA at the time. Holiefield died in 2015, but his widow, Monica Morgan, also was indicted. Holiefield and Morgan, 54, used the money to buy first-class airfare, jewelry, designer clothing and furniture, the indictment says, in addition to paying off the $262,000 mortgage on their suburban Detroit home.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2017072 ... ica-morgan