List of Companies

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

List of Companies

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Surely we can agree on this,,,on Another Forum,I was ask what stores, I,,knew that still give,, Senior Citizens Discounts.

And,,I don't know any that do ,but,some Resturants still give discounts.

So
Let's make a list to help people out.

Wal Mart,,,no Senior,,,no Veteran discounts.

Tractor Supply no Senior,,,no Veteran Discounts

84- Lumber Military ,,,Discounts

Lowes Military,,,Discounts

Short list but all I know.

I,am sure,some of you know more to add.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Newt

Re: List of Companies

Post by Newt »

I don't give a crap who gives senior citizen discounts. They are in business to make money. If their business model indicates they should, fine.
We need more Scrooges in the world. The Santa Claus of giving freebies has ruined the country.
For example.
True story. My Father in law and Mother in law both worked their asses off raising tobacco and finally he got job in a textile plant the last twenty years of hisr public working life. He died at age 87 and she went a few years later at 93. Through out their lives, although they gave of their labor to help anyone who needed it, my mother in-law was labeled, "stingy" with her money. The last few years of her life, my wife and I took care of her. When she died she left each of her children about fifty thousand dollars.
Her oldest daughter married a local young man who worked his way through college, then moved to Ohio to work in the steel mills and auto industry. Eventually he saved, went into business and bought a steel foundry and manufactured farm implements.
He and my sister-in-law had two boys. Neither son can support himself. Their dad has supported them for fifty years.
Now that the parents are in poor health, both are living from day to day, they have set up a trust to take care of the dead beats for the rest of their lives. Fortunately, both boys were too selfish to have children
My Father-in- law fought in the Battle of the bulge, was wounded and lost one lobe of his lung in 1959, as a result of his injury. Yet he and his wife saved money that will now be given to two dead beat grand sons. Their grandparents sweated and dug an existence out of the soil. They raised their tobacco as well as their food, saved their money, and had some left after they were old and feeble. After he had a heart valve replaced at age 80 he still used a weed eater to keep his fence rows clean. He was a heck of a man. Genetics is a complicated science.

We don't need more charity in this country, we need more hungry people and a work ethic.

Welshman

Re: List of Companies

Post by Welshman »

Dit FXXKING O! Newt! I can't emphasize ditto any better!