Russians are coming

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

Russians are coming

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

58,196--American Soilders,,,Names are on the Vietnam Memorial Wall,And you guys are Now Supporting their Killers.You put them in the White House.

Russians are coming

By the spring of 1967, a river of aid was flowing from Russia into North Vietnam.

By the late 1960s more than three-quarters of the military and technical equipment received by North Vietnam was coming from Moscow. Sergei Blagov writes in Asia Times that Moscow contributed weapons essential to North Vietnamese defence capabilities against the American air war, including radar systems, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles (SAMs). “Without this materiel, Vietnamese air defence would have been hardly feasible,” he says.

Russia military supplies completely transformed the nature of the war. Unlike what they show you in Hollywood movies, the Vietnamese did not fight with just cunning and camouflage, they hit the Americans with firepower on a staggering scale. Their arsenal included 2,000 tanks, 7,000 artillery guns, over 5,000 anti-aircraft guns and 158 surface-to-air rocket launchers.

The new weapons – although not the latest in Moscow’s arsenal – were more advanced than the American ones, leading to many battlefield routs of US military forces. American aircraft ran into skies streaking with SAMs and thick with ack-ack salvoes.

Entire waves of American aircraft were blasted out of the skies because the Vietnamese fired ceaseless barrages of SAMs, knowing more Russian supplies were on their way. “In August 1965, the first SAMs were fired at four F-4 Phantoms over Vietnam, shooting down three. This marked the first time that US planes were attacked by SAMs,” writes Blagov.

US strategic bombers tumbled out of the skies after being hit by Russian-supplied SAMs (the granddaddies of today’s S-300 and S-400 missiles). Russian crews fired SAMs at the B-52 bombers, which were the first raiders shot down over Hanoi. A Soviet rocketeer told Russian Radio: “After our arrival in Vietnam, American pilots refused to fly.” (However, after 1966, no Soviet troops directly participated in combat because the Vietnamese forces had been trained to handle the Soviet equipment, the Russian magazine Eko Planety – Echo of the Planet – says.)

Kudankulam
Read section: History
Jets that survived these brutal knockouts were picked out by Vietnamese Air Force aces flying MiG-17s and MiG-21s; these combat aircraft were vectored towards their targets by Russian-supplied radars.

To give you an idea of just what the Vietnamese were up against, in 1965 just 30 MiGs were doing combat against 660 American aircraft. And yet the Americans lost 46 F-4 fighters, of which 13 were downed by MiGs.

The odds were evened soon. In 1966 the Vietnamese Air Force started receiving the latest MiG-21 interceptor. On July 7, two MiG-21s shot down an F-105 with a Russian Atoll air-to-air missile, creating panic in the US Air Force.

By now the Vietnamese pilots were growing more familiar with their Russian jets. Roger Boniface writes in MIGs Over North Vietnam: “The MiG-17 pilots started to indulge in dogfights with American aircraft; the former were growing in confidence all the time as they could constantly turn inside the faster F-4s and use their cannon to lethal effect from close range. The MiG-21 would use their superior speed and dive on the Americans from higher altitudes. The VPAF would use both the MiG-17 and MiG-21 against the Americans, using their techniques in unison by catching the Americans in what can only be described as a diving and turning “sandwich”.

The American pilots became so scared of encountering the Vietnamese air aces that they in several cases they fled the scene of combat at full speed.

Early warning by Russian military intelligence saved countless Vietnamese lives. Truong Nhu Tang, a senior North Vietnamese official, writes in A Viet Cong Memoir that Russian ships in the South China Sea gave vital early warnings to Vietnamese forces. Russian ships would pick up American B-52 bombers flying from Okinawa and Guam. Their airspeed and direction would be noted and then relayed to Vietnamese political and military headquarters. The Vietnamese would then calculate the bombing target and vector their fighters into attack trajectories. These advance warning gave them time to move out of the way of the bombers and while the bombing runs caused extensive damage, because of the early warnings from 1968-1970 they did not kill a single military or civilian leader in the headquarter complexes.

Russia also supplied Vietnam with medical supplies, food, oil, machinery and spare parts. And unlike the material and weapons supplied by China – which demanded deferred payment – most Russian assistance was supplied as aid rather than loans. Over the course of the war the money donated to the Vietnamese cause was equal to $2 million a day.

In late March 1965, Brezhnev announced that his government had been receiving "many applications" from Soviet citizens offering to serve as volunteers in Vietnam. However, Russian freelancers were not really needed. From July 1965 to the end of 1974, around 6,500 officers and generals, as well as more than 4,500 soldiers and sergeants of the Russian armed forces visited the country as ‘advisors’. In addition, Russian military schools and academies trained more than 10,000 Vietnamese military personnel. Just 13 Soviet citizens lost their lives in the entire conflict, says Eko Planety.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Re: Russians are coming

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

UUHH THE BOOGIE MAN. As soon as you pull your head out of your azz you can kiss your azz goodbye, LMAO!!!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I'm so glad trumps in office we need a real man with nk china testing our country . I sleep good at night go trump .
TheJohnBirchSociety

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

:argue:
Last edited by CASKEY'S KENNEL on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

Newt

Post by Newt »

PM, I've been thinking about this lately. Why were we in Viet Nam? Did you fight there or were you too young?

The reason I ask, when I was dating my wife, her room mate was dating and later married a high school sweet heart, who was a Marine just back from Viet Nam. We had lost contact with them for about forty years, but eight years ago I was on a trip to Roanoke, Va. to pick up a pup that I had bought. I knew they lived in the area so I looked up their address and stopped by to see them. I visited with their son and then when his Mother came home I had a cup of coffee and visited with her. She told me her husband, the Marine, was out deer hunting but was having some rotator cuff problems. I got their phone number and a few weeks later my wife called her and discovered that the Marine had Myloma Cancer. He put up a brave fight and they tried every Cancer treatment known to man. Nine days ago they buried him. Yesterday his wife, my wife's friend, drove down and we visited for a couple hours.
It was John Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, and every other politician who is being paid by the War Machine in this country that killed him. AGENT ORANGE! Remember! According to our government, Agent Orange posed no hazard to the troops. Their only son died a couple of years ago from diabetes. Diabetes is another genetic hazard of children whose parents were exposed to Agent Orange. Not only Fred, but thousands of other young men who did their duty to protect this nation were victims of the War Machine. We always need an enemy threat to keep the war machine profitable.
Fred was a 100% man, patriot, Marine. Now he is dead. Why? What have the American citizens gained from Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan? Fred was very intelligent and an avid reader who researched every possibe article on his disease that he could get his hands on. His wife is a nurse and she was with him through every battle the last eight years desperatly trying to find a reason for his afflicion and a possible cure. Now she has lost her son as welll as her husband. Too bad their killers can't be tried for their crimes but instead there will be buildings and monuments built in their honor, with a life time pension.

IMO, the enemy is not Russia. Why did Clinton sell our most sensivive secrets to China? Why was John McCain caught in a photo with ISIS Leaders. How many weapons were funneled through Benghazi to terrorists? Why didn't those weapons go to the Kurds who have been the most successful group in the area to kill ISIS fighters. Once Trump became President, he armed the Kurds, who then kicked butt. Democrat Rep Gifford, from Hawaii made a trip to Syria last year. When she came back she reported that the Syrians were telling her that our government was arming the terrorists.
Remember, a few decades ago, the liberal democrats loved the Soviet Union. Shortly aftef Kennedy had a face off with Kruschev and Castro, LBJ and the head of the Communist Party of the USA, Armen Hammer were selling them wheat to prop up their crumbling empire. Ted Kennedy sent an envoy to Moscow to bargain with a high ranking Soviet Officaial to try to smear Reagan prior to his second term. Jimmy Carter never met a Communist Dictator that he didn't love. Reagan was too dangerous. That cowboy had no business having his hand on the trigger to Nuclear Weapons. Even after the Berlin Wall was torn down, the leftist in our Universities were still teaching the students that Communism was going to bury us. That is probably a true statement, judging by how many Ukraninians, Chinese, Cambodians, and Venezuelans Communism has burried. Why would the citizens of the USA be treated any differently, once the left gets control? Have you noticed how the Black Lives Matter crowd treats citizens who get in their way. How are non left citizens treated when the try to exercise their freedom of speech. Do you know if any of the rioters that have been prosicuted? Remember the Black Panther group that was intimidating folks at a voting building. Holder refused to prosecute.
I suppose the only communists countries nleft are in Venezuela and North Korea, two of the most backward and crumbling countries on the map. Yet the left wing of the democrat party and the controlling bodies of all the major universities in the country are still teaching the next generation that is the path to a brighter future. The Muslim democrat from Minnesota is touting Fat Kim as being a better person than our President. Even Obama would not be that low, yet this man will probably gets votes from the left in the next election.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Newt wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 pm
PM, I've been thinking about this lately. Why were we in Viet Nam? Did you fight there or were you too young?

The reason I ask, when I was dating my wife, her room mate was dating and later married a high school sweet heart, who was a Marine just back from Viet Nam. We had lost contact with them for about forty years, but eight years ago I was on a trip to Roanoke, Va. to pick up a pup that I had bought. I knew they lived in the area so I looked up their address and stopped by to see them. I visited with their son and then when his Mother came home I had a cup of coffee and visited with her. She told me her husband, the Marine, was out deer hunting but was having some rotator cuff problems. I got their phone number and a few weeks later my wife called her and discovered that the Marine had Myloma Cancer. He put up a brave fight and they tried every Cancer treatment known to man. Nine days ago they buried him. Yesterday his wife, my wife's friend, drove down and we visited for a couple hours.
It was John Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, and every other politician who is being paid by the War Machine in this country that killed him. AGENT ORANGE! Remember! According to our government, Agent Orange posed no hazard to the troops. Their only son died a couple of years ago from diabetes. Diabetes is another genetic hazard of children whose parents were exposed to Agent Orange. Not only Fred, but thousands of other young men who did their duty to protect this nation were victims of the War Machine. We always need an enemy threat to keep the war machine profitable.
Fred was a 100% man, patriot, Marine. Now he is dead. Why? What have the American citizens gained from Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan? Fred was very intelligent and an avid reader who researched every possibe article on his disease that he could get his hands on. His wife is a nurse and she was with him through every battle the last eight years desperatly trying to find a reason for his afflicion and a possible cure. Now she has lost her son as welll as her husband. Too bad their killers can't be tried for their crimes but instead there will be buildings and monuments built in their honor, with a life time pension.

IMO, the enemy is not Russia. Why did Clinton sell our most sensivive secrets to China? Why was John McCain caught in a photo with ISIS Leaders. How many weapons were funneled through Benghazi to terrorists? Why didn't those weapons go to the Kurds who have been the most successful group in the area to kill ISIS fighters. Once Trump became President, he armed the Kurds, who then kicked butt. Democrat Rep Gifford, from Hawaii made a trip to Syria last year. When she came back she reported that the Syrians were telling her that our government was arming the terrorists.
Remember, a few decades ago, the liberal democrats loved the Soviet Union. Shortly aftef Kennedy had a face off with Kruschev and Castro, LBJ and the head of the Communist Party of the USA, Armen Hammer were selling them wheat to prop up their crumbling empire. Ted Kennedy sent an envoy to Moscow to bargain with a high ranking Soviet Officaial to try to smear Reagan prior to his second term. Jimmy Carter never met a Communist Dictator that he didn't love. Reagan was too dangerous. That cowboy had no business having his hand on the trigger to Nuclear Weapons. Even after the Berlin Wall was torn down, the leftist in our Universities were still teaching the students that Communism was going to bury us. That is probably a true statement, judging by how many Ukraninians, Chinese, Cambodians, and Venezuelans Communism has burried. Why would the citizens of the USA be treated any differently, once the left gets control? Have you noticed how the Black Lives Matter crowd treats citizens who get in their way. How are non left citizens treated when the try to exercise their freedom of speech. Do you know if any of the rioters that have been prosicuted? Remember the Black Panther group that was intimidating folks at a voting building. Holder refused to prosecute.
I suppose the only communists countries nleft are in Venezuela and North Korea, two of the most backward and crumbling countries on the map. Yet the left wing of the democrat party and the controlling bodies of all the major universities in the country are still teaching the next generation that is the path to a brighter future. The Muslim democrat from Minnesota is touting Fat Kim as being a better person than our President. Even Obama would not be that low, yet this man will probably gets votes from the left in the next election.
I agree 100 % .
TheJohnBirchSociety

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 am
58,196--American Soilders,,,Names are on the Vietnam Memorial Wall,And you guys are Now Supporting their Killers.You put them in the White House.

Russians are coming

By the spring of 1967, a river of aid was flowing from Russia into North Vietnam.

By the late 1960s more than three-quarters of the military and technical equipment received by North Vietnam was coming from Moscow. Sergei Blagov writes in Asia Times that Moscow contributed weapons essential to North Vietnamese defence capabilities against the American air war, including radar systems, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles (SAMs). “Without this materiel, Vietnamese air defence would have been hardly feasible,” he says.

Russia military supplies completely transformed the nature of the war. Unlike what they show you in Hollywood movies, the Vietnamese did not fight with just cunning and camouflage, they hit the Americans with firepower on a staggering scale. Their arsenal included 2,000 tanks, 7,000 artillery guns, over 5,000 anti-aircraft guns and 158 surface-to-air rocket launchers.

The new weapons – although not the latest in Moscow’s arsenal – were more advanced than the American ones, leading to many battlefield routs of US military forces. American aircraft ran into skies streaking with SAMs and thick with ack-ack salvoes.

Entire waves of American aircraft were blasted out of the skies because the Vietnamese fired ceaseless barrages of SAMs, knowing more Russian supplies were on their way. “In August 1965, the first SAMs were fired at four F-4 Phantoms over Vietnam, shooting down three. This marked the first time that US planes were attacked by SAMs,” writes Blagov.

US strategic bombers tumbled out of the skies after being hit by Russian-supplied SAMs (the granddaddies of today’s S-300 and S-400 missiles). Russian crews fired SAMs at the B-52 bombers, which were the first raiders shot down over Hanoi. A Soviet rocketeer told Russian Radio: “After our arrival in Vietnam, American pilots refused to fly.” (However, after 1966, no Soviet troops directly participated in combat because the Vietnamese forces had been trained to handle the Soviet equipment, the Russian magazine Eko Planety – Echo of the Planet – says.)

Kudankulam
Read section: History
Jets that survived these brutal knockouts were picked out by Vietnamese Air Force aces flying MiG-17s and MiG-21s; these combat aircraft were vectored towards their targets by Russian-supplied radars.

To give you an idea of just what the Vietnamese were up against, in 1965 just 30 MiGs were doing combat against 660 American aircraft. And yet the Americans lost 46 F-4 fighters, of which 13 were downed by MiGs.

The odds were evened soon. In 1966 the Vietnamese Air Force started receiving the latest MiG-21 interceptor. On July 7, two MiG-21s shot down an F-105 with a Russian Atoll air-to-air missile, creating panic in the US Air Force.

By now the Vietnamese pilots were growing more familiar with their Russian jets. Roger Boniface writes in MIGs Over North Vietnam: “The MiG-17 pilots started to indulge in dogfights with American aircraft; the former were growing in confidence all the time as they could constantly turn inside the faster F-4s and use their cannon to lethal effect from close range. The MiG-21 would use their superior speed and dive on the Americans from higher altitudes. The VPAF would use both the MiG-17 and MiG-21 against the Americans, using their techniques in unison by catching the Americans in what can only be described as a diving and turning “sandwich”.

The American pilots became so scared of encountering the Vietnamese air aces that they in several cases they fled the scene of combat at full speed.

Early warning by Russian military intelligence saved countless Vietnamese lives. Truong Nhu Tang, a senior North Vietnamese official, writes in A Viet Cong Memoir that Russian ships in the South China Sea gave vital early warnings to Vietnamese forces. Russian ships would pick up American B-52 bombers flying from Okinawa and Guam. Their airspeed and direction would be noted and then relayed to Vietnamese political and military headquarters. The Vietnamese would then calculate the bombing target and vector their fighters into attack trajectories. These advance warning gave them time to move out of the way of the bombers and while the bombing runs caused extensive damage, because of the early warnings from 1968-1970 they did not kill a single military or civilian leader in the headquarter complexes.

Russia also supplied Vietnam with medical supplies, food, oil, machinery and spare parts. And unlike the material and weapons supplied by China – which demanded deferred payment – most Russian assistance was supplied as aid rather than loans. Over the course of the war the money donated to the Vietnamese cause was equal to $2 million a day.

In late March 1965, Brezhnev announced that his government had been receiving "many applications" from Soviet citizens offering to serve as volunteers in Vietnam. However, Russian freelancers were not really needed. From July 1965 to the end of 1974, around 6,500 officers and generals, as well as more than 4,500 soldiers and sergeants of the Russian armed forces visited the country as ‘advisors’. In addition, Russian military schools and academies trained more than 10,000 Vietnamese military personnel. Just 13 Soviet citizens lost their lives in the entire conflict, says Eko Planety.
You quoted Simha! This is how stupid you are. Quoting left winged, anti-american nut jobs. This entire article is BS as are you. You are the problem Rufus.....YOU. You quote these left wing rag articles and believe them without considering the source or the context because you just aren't smart enough frankly. All you know is "reprobate" and commas. Everyone go home now, there's nothing to see here and we shouldn't allow ourselves to be entertained by the mentally handicapped.