The New America

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

The New America

Post by Newt »

Transforming America
Obama spoke about transforming America and I'm sure, the removal of statues and the erasing of history was a part of this plan.
However, there are certain things that make a country what it is, and certain things that make a country unique.
One of our bedrock defining rights is the right to free speech. To be able to voice ones opinions about matters and not be jailed or prohibited by law to do so.
Sometimes this speech is odious and sometimes the acts, like burning flags, is upsetting to many, but it's still currently within our rights to do so.
If these rights are slowly eroded, all will be affected.
Those wanting to quell, curtail or silence free speech aren't heroes and shouldn't be treated as such.
As a Christian man, I already anticipated what's coming to this country because it was prophesied. The day is coming and it's probably in the near future at the rate we are digressing that religious speech that offends will also be banned. It's will be labeled as bigoted or racists, or whatever label is necessary to get it banned, but it will.
The day is coming the Bible says that all those who speak the truth will be arrested and those arresting them will believe they are doing the society a great service.
I knew these types of things were happening in other countries, but I didn't think I'd live long enough to witness it here, but I think I was wrong.
You might cheer the arrest or banning of the other guy's speech when it's something you find offensive, but one day, someone might find your speech offensive as well.
Remember, transformation isn't always good if the very values that made a place great are the things being transformed.
Capitalism and Christianity are the bedrocks of Western Civilization. Communism and the Sate are rapicly replacing those ideas.

littlewoody

Re: The New America

Post by littlewoody »

I blame a lot what's going on the bankers that fund these groups like the world works party . They control both party's in USA . The People that are taking down the statues don't live in the towns of the statues .
TheJohnBirchSociety

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The only thing constant is change. The lessons learned must be relearned and the test of our resolve is not above reproach, you must show your fiber is strong by standing the test of times.
The pendulum swings but truth remains the gravitational pull that keeps us all grounded. Our biggest confrontation is the misinformation of vast communication, knee-jerk responses of the inexperienced, uninformed and youthful exuberance.
I fear alot of lost time, but without testing who we are as a people, we loose out identity. It's like starting with a good line of hounds and trying to live off their reputation with never taking them out hunting. It's not the hounds that fail, it's the fat easy life of leisure.. jmho

S.R.Patch

Re: What are they trying to do?

Post by S.R.Patch »

The nation’s borrowing authority will very likely not have to be raised again by Congress until “well into 2018,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday, as he sought to take some credit for a sweeping legislative agreement Democratic lawmakers have been touting.

In an interview with “The New Washington,” a podcast by the New York Times, McConnell said the deal was “not quite as good as my counterpart thought it was.”

“Since I was in charge of drafting the debt ceiling provision that we inserted into the flood bill, we likely — almost certainly — are not going to have another debt ceiling discussion until well into 2018,” said McConnell, according to the Times report on the interview.

McConnell explained that he pushed for retaining the Treasury Department’s ability to use “extraordinary measures” to avoid a more immediate need to raise the debt ceiling.

President Trump signed a bill last Friday to provide $15 billion in disaster aid and extend government funding and the federal borrowing limit until Dec. 8, giving Democrats much of what they asked for in the talks.

While the Democrats pushed for a three-month deal that would renew their bargaining power before the end of the year, Republican leaders sought a longer-term arrangement. But Trump, in a meeting with congressional leaders, sided with the Democrats over his own party’s congressional leaders, surprising many close observers.

The Finance 202 newsletter

Your daily guide to where Wall Street meets Washington.

The implications of the flexibility for the Treasury Department remain unclear. The new law gives Treasury the ability to suspend certain payments for months if necessary to avoid default.

It’s unclear how much flexibility they would have, but it is likely the debt ceiling would need to be addressed no later than the summer of 2018, based on past projections.

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer’s office did not immediately comment. A senior Senate Democratic aide who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly responded by arguing that Republicans were giving Democrats two chances to gain leverage in key legislative debates on the horizon.

Trump and Schumer (D-N.Y.) also agreed last week to pursue a deal that would permanently eliminate the requirement that Congress repeatedly raise the debt ceiling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like some checks are not going out for payment. Hopefully it's to Congress since they approved spending.
I know my father-in law tried this and his rating went down and borrowing interest went way UP!
I think there needs to be mental evaluation done on all politicians... This may create the tipping point for investors in the US. Credit default leaves a bad taste in the mouth and increased risk can be very costly. Maybe more unfunded wars?

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Unread post by Newt » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 am

Transforming America
Obama spoke about transforming America and I'm sure, the removal of statues and the erasing of history was a part of this plan.
However, there are certain things that make a country what it is, and certain things that make a country unique.
One of our bedrock defining rights is the right to free speech. To be able to voice ones opinions about matters and not be jailed or prohibited by law to do so.
Sometimes this speech is odious and sometimes the acts, like burning flags, is upsetting to many, but it's still currently within our rights to do so.
If these rights are slowly eroded, all will be affected.
Those wanting to quell, curtail or silence free speech aren't heroes and shouldn't be treated as such.
As a Christian man, I already anticipated what's coming to this country because it was prophesied. The day is coming and it's probably in the near future at the rate we are digressing that religious speech that offends will also be banned. It's will be labeled as bigoted or racists, or whatever label is necessary to get it banned, but it will.
The day is coming the Bible says that all those who speak the truth will be arrested and those arresting them will believe they are doing the society a great service.
I knew these types of things were happening in other countries, but I didn't think I'd live long enough to witness it here, but I think I was wrong.
You might cheer the arrest or banning of the other guy's speech when it's something you find offensive, but one day, someone might find your speech offensive as well.
Remember, transformation isn't always good if the very values that made a place great are the things being transformed.
Capitalism and Christianity are the bedrocks of Western Civilization. Communism and the Sate are rapicly replacing those ideas.

Newt
You are simply Pathetic.
You Support every thing But Christianity ,and in supporting trump,you have proven you support Communism,and in case you forgot,,your Bible is in your, Out House with the Copy of the Constitution Obama gave you.
And if all those who Speak the Truth will be Arrested ,,You and Your republicans have nothing to worry about and Republicans,,are IN FACT BIGOTS AND RACIST ,ESPECIALLY LIARS,,,YOUR CANNOT SUPPORT trump,AND BE ANYTHING BUT.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered