Witch Hunt

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

Witch Hunt

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

# 1

Witch Hunt,,that's what trump called all his dealings with Russia.We all know that's another trump Lie.

Pleads Guilty to Lying to the F.B.I.

Michael Flynn Arrives at Court for Plea Deal
Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, was charged with lying to the F.B.I. about two conversations with the Russian ambassador last December. By CBS, VIA REUTERS. Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images.

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, pleaded guilty on Friday to lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with the Russian ambassador last December during the presidential transition.

The plea by Mr. Flynn, who appeared in federal court in Washington, brings the special counsel investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election into Mr. Trump’s inner circle.

The charges were the latest indication that Mr. Flynn was cooperating with the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. A plea agreement suggests that Mr. Flynn provided information to prosecutors, which may help advance the inquiry.

The development came at a particularly sensitive moment for the White House, just as Mr. Trump and Republican congressional leaders are toiling to hold together a tenuous coalition to push through a large tax cut plan. It marked an unwelcome headline at a time when the president’s team is hoping to focus public attention on what they argue is an impressive list of accomplishments in his first year.

The White House had no immediate response on Friday to requests for comment on Mr. Flynn’s plea.

Mr. Flynn’s lawyers recently told the president’s legal team that they could no longer discuss the special counsel’s investigation as they had been — a sign that Mr. Flynn had decided to cooperate with the prosecution. The investigation has dogged Mr. Trump’s first year in office.

Mr. Flynn is the fourth Trump associate to be charged. He was accused of making false statements to F.B.I. agents about two discussions with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak. Lying to the F.B.I. carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

Russian Hacking and Influence in the U.S. Election
Complete coverage of Russia’s campaign to disrupt the 2016 presidential election.
Michael Flynn Arrives at Court for Plea Deal

DEC 1
Trump Pressed Top Republicans to End Senate Russia Inquiry
The Self-Destruction of American Democracy

Prosecutors Are Said to Have Interviewed Jared Kushner on Russia Meeting NOV. 29, 2017
graphic
How Key Trump Associates Have Been Linked to Russia JUNE 7, 2017

In one of the conversations described in court documents, the men discussed an upcoming United Nations Security Council vote on whether to condemn Israel’s building of settlements. At the time, the Obama administration was preparing to allow a Security Council vote on the matter.

Mr. Mueller’s investigators have learned through witnesses and documents that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel asked the Trump transition team to lobby other countries to help Israel, according to two people briefed on the inquiry. Investigators have learned that Mr. Flynn and Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, took the lead in those efforts. Mr. Mueller’s team has emails that show Mr. Flynn saying he would work to kill the vote, the people briefed on the matter said.

In the other discussion, according to court documents, Mr. Flynn asked Mr. Kislyak that Moscow refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions announced by the Obama administration that day against Russia over its interference in the presidential election.

The F.B.I. interviewed Mr. Flynn at the White House four days after the president was sworn into office. American intelligence agencies had grown so concerned about Mr. Flynn’s communications with Mr. Kislyak and false accounts that he provided to Vice President Mike Pence that the acting attorney general at the time, Sally Q. Yates, warned the White House that its national security adviser might be compromised by the Russians.

Mr. Flynn served just 24 days, resigning on Feb. 13 after it was revealed that he had misled Mr. Pence and other top White House officials about his conversations with Mr. Kislyak.

But after accepting Mr. Flynn’s resignation, the president repeatedly said he thought Mr. Flynn was “a very good person” who had been treated poorly. The day after Mr. Flynn resigned, Mr. Trump told the F.B.I. director at the time, James B. Comey, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote describing that meeting.

In a news conference on Feb. 15, two days after Mr. Flynn’s resignation, the president blamed the media.

“General Flynn is a wonderful man. I think he has been treated very, very unfairly by the media, as I call it, the fake media in many cases,” Mr. Trump said. “And I think it is really a sad thing that he was treated so badly.”

But even before Mr. Trump said he would appoint Mr. Flynn as his national security adviser, questions swirled around Mr. Flynn’s connections to Russia, particularly a dinner he was paid to attend in Moscow in 2015 when he sat at the same table as Russian President Vladimir V. Putin.

Throughout the campaign, Mr. Flynn was an intense and vocal advocate of closer relations with Mr. Putin, arguing that the United States must work with the Russians to battle extremists. After he was named national security adviser, he continued to urge closer cooperation between the two nations.

The White House has said that Mr. Flynn has no information to provide prosecutors that would hurt Mr. Trump. A deal between Mr. Flynn and the special counsel is nonetheless significant. He was a key figure in the Trump campaign and the transition team. As Mr. Mueller tries to understand the behind-the-scenes story of those months, hearing from Mr. Flynn is important.

Mr. Flynn was a sometimes high-profile member of Mr. Trump’s campaign, often appearing on Fox News to advocate for the candidate’s foreign policy views.

Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Flynn was a brash, outspoken critic of former President Barack Obama, asserting that Shariah, or Islamic law, was spreading in the United States under his watch — a claim that was repeatedly debunked — and saying that the United States is in a “world war” with Islamist militants.

A controversial figure in the defense and intelligence community before joining Mr. Trump’s campaign, Mr. Flynn served as the head of Mr. Obama’s Defense Intelligence Agency. But he repeatedly clashed with Obama administration officials, who succeeded in persuading the former president to push him out of the intelligence job.

After he left the Obama administration, he formed a consulting group that led to inquiries into questionable lobbying for foreign governments, including the Turkish government, and hazy business ties with Middle Eastern countries.

Investigators working for the special counsel have questioned witnesses about Mr. Flynn’s dealings with the Turkish government and whether he was secretly paid by Turkish officials during the campaign. After he left the White House, Mr. Flynn disclosed that the Turkish government had paid him more than $500,000 to represent its interests in a dispute with the United States.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Pine Mt Beagles

Re: Witch Hunt

# 2

October 30, 2017, 11:00 AM
Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos pleads guilty in Mueller probe

Last Updated Oct 30, 2017 3:57 PM EDT

A former campaign aide to President Donald Trump has pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents working for special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. Trump foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos attempted to set up a meeting with Mr. Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, and he spoke to an overseas professor about Russian "dirt" on Hillary Clinton, in the form of thousands of emails, and according to court documents, he told the FBI lies about both.

Paul Manafort, Rick Gates indicted on 12 counts, including conspiracy against the U.S.
Papadopoulos pleaded guilty on Oct. 5 to one count of lying to FBI agents about the nature of his interactions with "foreign nationals" who he thought had close connections to senior Russian government officials. The plea was unsealed Monday.

According to court documents, Papadopoulos misstated the timing of his interactions with an overseas professor who apparently had connections to the Russian government. While Papadopoulos acknowledged that the professor had told him that the the Russians had "dirt" on Hillary Clinton -- thousands of emails -- he claimed that he had learned this before he joined the Trump campaign.

However, investigators found that Papadopoulos joined the campaign in early March 2016, and he met with the professor in mid-March 2016. Papadopoulos also claimed in his FBI interview that the professor was "a nothing," and just a guy talking up his connections. But in fact, the 30-year-old senior foreign adviser was trying to make contact with the Kremlin through the professor's connections.

Among those connections was a female Russian national who was described in Papadopoulos' emails as Russian President Vladimir Putin's niece (he later learned she was not related to Putin). Papadopoulos, according to the court documents, worked with the Russian national and the professor to set up a meeting between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. He also told advisers to the campaign that he could help arrange a meeting between Mr. Trump and Putin.

Papadopoulos told the FBI that he had done some "shuttle diplomacy" for the president, but he did not inform investigators about his interactions with the professor and the Russian national regarding his efforts to set up meetings between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

He also lied about the extent of his conversations with the Russian national, stating that the their communications were limited to emails that said "just, 'Hi, how are you?'" and "'That's it,'" he told the FBI.

In April 2016, Papadopoulos corresponded with the professor and Russian national about the campaign's Russian outreach, and the Russian national responded positively.

"I have already alerted my personal links to our conversation and your request," she wrote to Papadopoulos. "...[W]e are all very excited by the possibility of a good relationship with Mr. Trump. The Russian Federation would love to welcome him once his candidature would be officially announced."

On Apr. 25, Papadopoulos wrote to a senior Trump campaign adviser that "the Russian government has an open invitation by Putin for Mr. Trump to meet him when he is ready."

In May, Papadopoulos emailed a "high-ranking campaign official," according to the court documents, writing, "Russia has been eager to meet Mr. Trump for quite sometime and have been reaching out to me to discuss."

Papadopoulos continued to communicate about possible meetings with the Russians, and then around August 15, 2016, four days before Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort resigned, a "Campaign Supervisor" told Papadopoulos he and another foreign policy adviser should travel to Russia for a meeting. They did not ultimately make such a trip. However, a footnote in the court document says that a Trump campaign official forwarded Papdopoulos' email to another campaign official with a note that said they should "discuss," because "[w]e need someone to communicate that DT (Donald Trump) is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal."

Who is George Papadopoulos?
Papadopoulos is the first person to face criminal charges that cite interactions between Trump campaign associates and Russian intermediaries during the 2016 presidential campaign. He was a member of the campaign's foreign policy team, but Trump aides have said he played a limited role in the campaign and had no access to Mr. Trump.

However, he can be seen in a national security meeting with candidate Trump in this Instagram post:

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

LMAO! STILL MORE PROOF THAT OBAMA WAS BORN IN KENYA

Pine Mt Beagles

The Funny thing is there's no surprise here,,you all knew this was going on,,and still you gave up your Soul,Morals,and any fake dignity you thought you had,, to support this piece of crap and I Know you will still Support trump.

Michael Flynn to testify that Trump asked him to make contact with Russians: Report

Michael Flynn Charged With Lying To FBI About Russian Ambassador

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is reportedly planning to testify against President Trump and members of his family and intends to say then-candidate Trump told him to make contact with Russians, according to a report.

ABC News reported that Flynn, who was charged with one count of lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador, promised to cooperate fully with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is overseeing the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Flynn, who served as Trump’s national security adviser, also intends to testify against the president, members of his family, and others working in the White House, a source close to Flynn told ABC News.

Flynn appeared in court Friday and, as part of his plea deal, said a top member of the Trump transition team instructed him in December 2016 to reach out to Russian officials, according to the Associated Press.

The former national security adviser is reportedly “distraught” about his decision to cooperate with Mueller, a decision he made within the last 24 hours, but feels he is acting in the best interest of the country. Flynn is facing legal bills topping $1 million stemming from the investigation, according to ABC News.

"After over 33 years of military service to our country, including nearly five years in combat away from my family, and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to ensure these many months of false accusations of 'treason' and other outrageous acts," Flynn said in a statement. "Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and through my faith in God, I am working to set things right.

"My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions."

Mueller’s office announced Friday morning that Flynn is charged with one count “willfully and knowingly” making “false, fictitious and fraudulent statements” to the FBI. Flynn made the false statements while he was working in the White House, which is what got him fired from the Trump administration.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

So they arrest him for lying to the FBI and now you want everyone to believe whatever he might say about Trump, good luck with that. We will see but I bet this indictment is all they get with Flynn. Imagine a military man having conversation about national security, man that's unheard of.

Pine Mt Beagles

Flynn ,is a Traitor. Just like you guys who support trump,are traitors to this country.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm
Flynn ,is a Traitor. Just like you guys who support trump,are traitors to this country.
Rufus' is experiencing butt hurt because his candidate lost by a landslide and he is worried that his lack of contribution to society will comeback to haunt him. Pathetic POS.

Pine Mt Beagles

Chip
You are very bad to Lie,,I don't think anyone any where in the World believes trump won the Elevtion. Especially since Hillary got over 3- Million more votes.

And,remember there is NO PRESIDENT THERE IS A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION IN WASHINGTON PLACED BY A HOSTILE FOREIGN GOVERNMENT,,,,

RUSSIA

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Rufus, again you don't understand what you are posting. In the electoral college count, Trump won 304 to Hillary's 227. That's a landslide. The only parts of the country that weren't red were the most liberal, anti-american metropolitan areas. In other words, the people you assimilate with. The only reason Trump didn't win the popular vote is because of all the illegal democrat votes counted and the almost 5 million votes that Johnson received that would have surely been Trump's. Hell, Detroit's scandal cuts a big chunk of the popular vote alone. You have no decency, no humility, and no mental capacity to decipher right from wrong. You are a communist that can't stand to see someone else prosper. It eats at your very being, but you're too dumb to realize that is the hand that literally feeds your sorry arse. Have a great day commi!