d. j. t

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

d. j. t

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Every thing trump touches dies

Ex-Rep. Chris Collins Gets 26-Month Prison Sentence in Insider Trading Case
The former Republican congressman had pleaded guilty to giving his son nonpublic information about a drug company.

Chris Collins, was the first sitting member of Congress to endorse Donald Trump’s bid for president.

Representative Chris Collins had told so many people, from fellow House members to friends and relatives, about a surefire investment: a little-known Australian drug company that was developing a treatment for multiple sclerosis.

But when Mr. Collins learned about a critical drug trial that had failed, he set in motion a chain of events that led to a federal indictment, the end of his career in Congress and, on Friday, a 26-month prison sentence and a $200,000 fine.

The judge, Vernon S. Broderick of Federal District Court in Manhattan, said that Mr. Collins had a higher obligation to obey the law, given his position in the House and on the board of the drug company, and that he had committed a crime that in many ways went to the heart of the country’s financial system.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Newt

Re: d. j. t

Post by Newt »

I'm surprised PM. After your posts quoting Bible verses, I thought you would be applauding President Trumps Executive Order allowing praying and reading the Bible in schools.
Shocked that a dimocrat would ignore such a positive event. Not!

I'm not surprised that a politician is found involved in insider trading.
I'm surprised that he was tried and found guilty.
It shows the hazards of supporting President Trump.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The gift of God and prayer is not given by a man...
Only the worshipers of a false profit would believe such things.
Those who would seek and lavish praise upon themselves are not of a Godly kind, but the thieves of souls.

Newt

Post by Newt »

How many million lives have demonic democrats taken since Rowe vs Wade? The demoncrat governor in Virginia wants to wait until they are born then the mother can choose to let it live or kill it. Its call freedom to choose/women's rights. Excuse me, I forgot I was talking to democrats. No Women in your vocabulary they are "its" now.
Those babies never had a chance to pray.
Nancy and her ilk are still bragging about it.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Newt don't you love when Democrats try to assume the moral high ground, lol.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Truly sad that they are so easily brainwashed by the MSM. The democrat party that had some semblance of patriotism, trust in God, and support for American workers, left them years ago.

Newt

Post by Newt »

There’s now a record number of 401(k) and IRA millionaires, according to Fidelity
By Bob Pisani
Feb 13, 2020

The good news

Average 401(k) and IRA balances have hit record levels. The average 401(k) balance rose to $112,300, a 7% increase from last quarter’s balance of $105,200. The average IRA balance was $115,400, also a record.

It’s not just because the markets are up — employees are saving more. One-third of plan participants increased the amount they were saving by an average of 3%.

A record number of workplace plans (32%) offered a managed account, which provides workers with professional planning and support. That support is a big confidence booster for savers.

Automatic enrollment is catching on — a record 35% of employers automatically enrolled new workers in their 401(k) plan. Studies have consistently shown that automatic enrollment has been a major factor in increasing savings. Too many people don’t act affirmatively to start saving--automatic enrollment does that for them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/fidelit ... aires.html

I almost made the club before the democrats "Real Estate Bubble" burst. :roll: