Trump

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Trump

Post by Newt »

Trump celebrating his economy while the Dims watch in despair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3LTcWj_q8

Me celebrating Trumps economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-X2sogMcI

S.R.Patch

Re: Trump

Post by S.R.Patch »

LOL... I remember some folks used to buy hounds after the World Hunt in order to have something to brag about.
Thanks again for the laugh, Newt.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

You Patch implying Obama set the table. Well you could be right he did such a sorry job he left lots of room for immediate improvement but if you are saying Obama left a good economy , now there's a laugh.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump's economic plan and credentials ... About 3.5 million Americans would lose their jobs, unemployment would jump ... home prices would fall, and the stock market would plummet, Moody's predicts. ... Trump has three really bad economic policies, according to Moody's:
https://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news/e ... nomy-jobs/

When President Trump was elected president, Paul Krugman warned readers of the New York Times to brace themselves for a "global recession." Now, he admits the economy is "strong."

Krugman's latest comments came just before another jobs report that smashed expectations, with 225,000 workers added to payrolls in an already strong labor market. Unemployment, which ticked up slightly — was still at 3.6%.

It was not supposed to work out this way as far as the Nobel Prize winning economist predicted back in 2016.

Right after Trump was elected, the New York Times asked its opinion writers to weigh in on what it meant.

"If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never," Krugman predicted.

Since the day Trump was inaugurated, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has gone up about 9,500 points, or nearly 50%.

In November 2016, Krugman also wrote that "we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight."

In reality, the United States has the strongest job market in half a century.

While criticizing corporate tax cuts for creating lopsided gains and reduced health insurance rates, Krugman acknowledges, "Still, it is indeed a strong economy."

Krugman then uses this as a jumping-off point to argue that the reason the economy is doing so well is that under Trump, Republicans decided to abandon fiscal restraint and allow $1 trillion deficits. Had Republicans not sabotaged efforts to deficit spend more during the Obama administration (when the federal debt nearly doubled), then the economy would have had a much more robust recovery sooner. (Its always someone else's fault)

Now, I've been a critic of Republican deficit hypocrisy in the Trump era (including in Krugman's own newspaper), but that still doesn't explain why his economic predictions were so off.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -is-strong

You need not argue. There is the proof. What ever Hillary, Obama or one of their Media Shills say, those are the progressives on this board, as well as the ones across the nation, talking points.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

HE is doing a Great Job!! I think he need to Visit India ASAP !

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :hammer: :check: :check: :check: :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Newt

Post by Newt »

No need to worry! Bernie is looking strong, except for his health. Once he is elected, cash in stocks into money, bury it in a plastic or ceramic box, so the feds can't find it, then retire.
Everything is going to be free. Free tofurkey, free harvest burgers, no red meat.. No gasoline, no oil, we will all live in caves, gotta lower that carbon footprint.
Progressive Paradise!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Calm down Newt... this all is just russia thanking moscow mitch for holding up the election protection bills passed by the house. They are free to influence any candidate to top standings, donald is busy discrediting and dissecting the supreme court, soon there will be nothing to stand in the way of total control. we can only hope val's P tapes don't go viral... :blackeye:

ps. how many 1000pt day drops you gona hold that stock, election day may be too long.......... This is the BIG one Newt, hurry, your melting and I already smell burnt hair... :eyes:

warddog

Post by warddog »

I believe the economy has been in a consistent rise ever since we got away from the baby Bush years of the biggest depression since the great one. I also have to say that I have worked through several Presidential administrations in my lifetime career and really did not notice much of a difference in my life style. Truth is regardless of who or what political party is in charge they actually do little to nothing unless they have the numbers in Congress to do so. Seems the country is now governed via Executive Orders rather than legislation these past several years.

Newt

Post by Newt »

I guess Bernie is looking good, feeling good.
I've heard that line, it makes no difference. If you owned your home and had a government job, I guess it made no difference which party was in control. But if you were young and starting a life during the Carter Administration, it definitely made a difference. Double digit interest rates, double digit inflation, double digit unemployment. First gas lines in my life time
were during the Carter years and gasoline prices doubled. He killed the Nuclear Power industry as well. Oh, he was backed by big oil. My how things have changed in fifty years.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Newt wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:30 am
Trump celebrating his economy while the Dims watch in despair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3LTcWj_q8

Me celebrating Trumps economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-X2sogMcI

Hey Newt, hope you readjusted your stock portfolio to the VIX, got in at 20 and now it's 75. Just set your buy to the size and number of lies from donnie and you'll do just fine, facts matter and the market's loss of confidence looking forward will continue to carry the momentum.
Most of the Senate is going into self quarantine and getting tested, nobody knows where they're getting the test kits from. Gaetz says he feels stupid for taking his gas mask off now. Graham says all the love was consensual and they used protection while with donnie.
Let the dance continue... :dance: ... this will all go away in a couple of weeks.

Newt

Post by Newt »

quote:
Joe Biden was in government for 44 years.

Nancy Pelosi has been in government for 33 years.

Bernie Sanders has been in government for 29 years.

Trump has been in government for 3 years.

Yet they blame HIM when the pandemic infrastructure they built isn't strong enough?

Do we still need open borders?

Yep! Looks like its time to sell. hehe

Joe Biden gave a press conference on how he would have handled the crisis. He must have been in a fog because he repeated the things Trump has done.

You need to quit watching the Clinton Network and enjoy life. When you get old you will look like Nancy or Hillary.

I'm not concerned about the Corona virus. This disease only seriously affects old people, I'm only 77 .
It has accomplished some good. Eight of the Iranian Cabinet has died.