Lifes Lessons

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagleman63

Lifes Lessons

Post by Beagleman63 »

I remember as a young boy one day back in the early 1970's being on vacation at Disneyworld with my family. It was dusk, and they were lowering the flag, and as we were taught by my father (a very large Korean war veteran) all of us kids, and my parents were watching, with our hats off, and our right hands on our chest. Standing there as well was a man laughing through the whole thing with the American flag sewn on the seat of his pants. My father was not by any means a violent man, but I could see a strange look in his eyes that I had never seen before. He waited until the flag lowering was over, and told us to wait where we were. He then proceeded to ask the guy why he had the flag sewn on his ass. He basically told my Father to mind his business with a few choice words added in, and that our country sucked. My Father told him to either remove the flag, or he was going to do it for him. The guy laughed once more, and my Father, always true to his word, did exactly what he told the guy he was going to do! Pants and all!!! There were also two security guards there that witnessed the entire thing, and this idiot ran up to them and said he wanted my Father arrested for assault. The guards said that they were sorry, but hadn't seen a thing. The entire crowd had erupted in applause when my Dad did this, and the guy quickly walked away, red faced and pantless. My Father has since passed, but this is one memory of him that I will cherish in my heart forever!!!