A Message From The Ghost Of General Patton

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

jeffn,, Oustanding thread,, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crew Chief

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

Patton was definately an american legand and war hero. I have to wonder though how he would have felt about Bush lieing to the american people about the reasons for going to war with Iraq while not pursuing the real monster which is Osama been forgotten...

Emery

Post by Emery »

Not taking sides here bunnycide, but I am sure that Osama hasn't been forgotten. There just isn't any news on finding him, so the media doesn't report on it. There are thousands of American soldiers and sailors and airmen looking for Osama, hopefully, they will get lucky and nab him soon.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

You are right emery, there are thousands of our fine men and women looking for him.Hopefully they'll find him. I cant remember the exact quote right now but bush said something to the effect that "he didnt think about osama that much". I found that pretty amazeing since he was the one respondsible for the nine eleven attacks. I just wish he had sent the 140000 troops to afgahn. and surrounded the country and killed all the al quaita along with osama instead of sending us on the wild goose chase in Iraq. We are now in another viet nam style quagmire and unfortunantly with no good way out. Seems every day new secret intelligence comes out to confirme that this whole war has been in the planning since at least 1998 when rumsfeld and wofowitze sent a letter to then president clinton saying how we had the authority to use military force to enact a regime change in iraq.When you see the whole time line put before you with all the quotes and secret memos and information its just a shame that we, the american people could have been dooped so bad. And now almost every day you turn on the news more americans soldiers have been killed or horriably wounded ,, and all for a series of lies. At last count the war is costing the U.S. over $3000. yes thats three thousand dollars every second of every minute of every hour of every day. And when asked about how long the war is going to last Condoleeza rice said its a "generational commitment". Meaning at least thirty years or more.. What kind of future will our kids have trying to pay off a debt thats going to be run up at a cost of $3000 per second for the next thirty years? Sadly it seems as the terriost have already won because we played right into their hands. They knew they couldnt defeat us militarily, that their only chance was to defeat us economically and socially . Just look at whats changed since 9/11. Our feedoms have been eroded away by laws such as the patriot act. Habious corpas has been thrown out the window in the name of stopping terrorism. We are now known as the torture capitol of the world. And God help you if your labeled a terriost for any reason. Be it speaking out against the govt. ,burning a flag or farting on pennsylvania avenue.. Youll be labeled an enemy combatant and all your rights will be taken away.About like being called a communist back in the McArthy peiriod or a witch back in early america. Unfortuananly it seems we are becomeing the exact thing we went over there to defeat. The american public are slowing realizing that they've been had and are turing against the war. Can you imagine how the families of the fallen will feel when we ulitmately pull out and their lives will have been lost in vain.. I blame the so called "liberal media" for this whole mess as much as anyone. They just stood back like scared little puppies during the lead up to the war and even when presented with the facts that the whole thing was a sham they never would ask the tough questioins. I think they were so bleery eyed and excieted that we were going to war and their rateings were going to go up they just let the whole thing proceed unquestioned.. Its scarey times we live in emery. Just last week the Iranians voted in a hardliner thats sure to roll back many of the reforms the people have been able to attain despite the rule of the Iron fisted religious fanatic clerics. So its not only the american public that needs to do some research,pay attention and listen to someone else besides dan rather and company. The way things work though is that the pendilum has to swing a long way in one direction before it can start back the other way. I just hope it doesnt swing too far one way and get stuck..Happy hunting.....

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

I can tell you this as a Vietnam VET.. All the bitching about this war in public is doing nothing but getting our kids KILLED over there!!!! Believe me on this one people, we have to show the ENEMY a u-nited front for our troops sake. We can NEVER do to our military what was done to us in the NAM!!! I served in 1970, the heat of the war protest time period. Every time a protest was set back in the States here, Charlie would throw everything but the Kitchen sink at us trying to fuel the fires of dissent with many body bags going home. People wake up,, WE HAVE TOO WIN THIS ONE!!!!!

Crew Chief
Rich Piacentine

PS Right choice or wrong, we are sending many enemy troops tooo their GRAVE!!!!!!!!

The Enemy is pouring in there to get a piece of our kids,, and our Kids are DEALING OUT THE ACE OF SPADES rather nicely, I think!!!!! They are pulling the trigger for us, Remember 9-11???

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

bunnycide, why dont you take that garbage you are spouting back to the espo site and commiserate with Top Gun, he'll appreciate it more than folks here will....Blood for oil, what darn oil are we getting???....rights being eroded, what rights have we lost since the Patriot Act started???...none. Bush lying about the reasons for the war....he used the same facts that Clinton, the vaunted UN and every other country on earth used to believe Iraq had nuclear ambitions and we still havent accounted for the missing WMDs he ADMITTED to having...I didnt read anywhere that you were glad and grateful the raping rooms have been shut down over there, but maybe Iraqi women arent deserving the same rights American women are huh??? Torture???? Has anything we have done even come close to the torture and killings Saddam sanctioned and ordered??? What did we do, take some humilitating pictures of some criminals??? We give those prisoners at GITMO better food and facilities and rights than our soldiers have, so get a new soapbox to shout from, this one is tired and old....Tony

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

Wow, I must have hit a nerve. But the truth does hurt. First to crewchf. I have the upmost respect for anyone that had the balls to go to Nam. My hats off to you and thank you for your service. But Ive always wondered this. If those card burning, long haired, maggot infested hippies as rush limbaugh calls them had'nt been out in the steets protesting I wonder just how much longer the nam war would have lasted. Johnson sure wasnt going to admit defeat and bring them home and ofcourse Nixon sure didnt seem in much of a hurrry to bring them home.. Just think if nixon had of brought them home the first day he took office. It would probably have saved tens of thousands of lives. By the way, Ill post at the end of this post what our fearless leaders were doing while you were over there getting shot at..
And now to bluegrass, let me see if I can get my "garbage" out of the trash can. First I dont remember posting on the espo site.. That must be another "spouter"..
1. Blood for oil. What did I say about blood for oil.. NOTHING!!!!!
2.Rights eroded? How about being held in prison for three years without access to an attourney. Shipped off to Saudi arabia for torture. And just out today , prisoners kept on ships in international waters so they can be tortured with impunity. If someone is guilty then bring him here try him and fry him. But all this torture cant help our boys when they get caught by the other side.
3.Facts on WMD. First I dont remember clinton starting a war in Iraq.In 1994 suddam's son in law defected along with trunks of secret papers. Everything he told the U.S. was coroberated by other sources and he was thought to be an excelent source of intelligence. He told the cia that there was no WMDs because he saw that they were destroyed after gulf 1. He was widly believed until bush decided he wanted to invade Iraq and then dimissed his information. The british envoy to the US said the evidence for WMDs was "thin" and bush was "fixing" the intelligence around the policy. (SEE donwing street memos). Also while bush was saying that war was a last resort he was bombing out of the no fly zone trying to provoke saddam into anything to justify war. This was in 2002, eight months before the invasion. this has been coraberated by the US general in charge in Iraq at the time.. As recently as last week. In 1999, Mickey Herskowitz is hired to ghostwrite a campaign autobiography for George W. Bush, an assignment that was later withdrawn. Herskowitz later spoke about Bush for an article by journalist Russ Baker: “He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999... It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ ” Our cia (see the dulfer report) said he didnt have a nucular probram and it would probably be decades before he had one if ever. Its too long to post here if you want a time line of the war heres a good site to go to.. Pretty well spells out the bush obsession, as told by his own people.http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/muri ... ne_613.htm
4. you said"I didnt read anywhere that you said you were glad the rapeing rooms had been shut down". Well bluegrass I didnt read anywhere that you said we should go to North Korea, Iran, sudan, Niger, ezbeckistan, or a hundred other countries and shut down their rapeing rooms and genecide feilds. Why is Iraq so special? Huh?? I could go on and on with the FACTS but this post is getting long. So instead of stupping to name calling why dont you post some facts that exonerate your man bush. Get your head out of the sand and listen to facts and not stup to emotional name calling.
5. Now as promised here's what your fearless leaders were doing while others were being shot and killed in Viet Nam.. Have a good day. Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey
House Majority Leader Tom Delay
avoided the draft, did not serve
House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
did not serve
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
did not serve.
Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, R-KY
did not serve
Rick Santorum, R-PA, third ranking Republican in the Senate
did not serve.
Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott
Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld
served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor.
Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.
GW Bush
decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years.
VP Cheney
several deferments, the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service")
Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft
did not serve ; received seven deferments to teach business ed at SW Missouri State
Jeb Bush, Florida Governor
did not serve.
Karl Rove
avoided the draft, did not serve, too busy being a Republican.
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich
avoided the draft, did not serve
"B-1" Bob Dornan
Enlisted only after the fighting was over in Korea.
Phil Gramm
avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

One other thing bluegrass and anyone else that believes in this war. If its such a good thing why are'nt you joining up to fight. Im serious, think about it.. Why is your life so much more important than the ones over there fighting.They got families here just like you. The NFL football player that went over and got killed sure put his money where his mouth was. Unlike the chicken hawks running this country. A cause worth believeing in is a cause worth fighing for. Or is it just easier to send someone elses kid over there to get his face blown off while you sit in your comfortable chair and hollar "bring it own" or was that bush that said that.??
Its been proven time and time again by the facts that saddam had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11. The cia says this and MI6 says this. And also the cia says Iraq wasnt an al-quaita training ground as bush said. But they are now saying that Iraq is the biggest training ground for terriost in the world and they are just waiting for the war to be over so they can go out and spread their dirt deads all over the world... thanks GW..Your the best thing that ever happened to Osama... Well thats enough garbage spouting for one day.................Now I think Ill go listen to fearless leader at ft. bragg spout his garbage...

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

I think I am the one that struck a nerve, and you sound remarkably like Top Gun at the other board, so I'm thinking you might be one in the same, although if you are, your spelling has deteriorated to a sub high school level...as for my not going to fight, I have served in the Army already and served my time....How about you???? Plus, I am over the age limit to re-enlist, so your argument against me fails to hold water. The blood for oil comment was directed at the liberal thinking that has been blaring since this whole thing started...As for the killing fields and raping rooms of other countries, give us time dude...we can get there as soon as we are done in Iraq. Why Iraq first??? We were already in the region, so why not??? You still havent stated that it is a good thing that Saddam's torture rooms are gone, you must have approved of them. As for someone being held for three years, I could care less if every muslim terrorist or terrorist sympathizer were held indefinitely...The security of this country is paramount to some raghead's rights to blow himself up along with innocent people. Torture ships???? Stay off the MoveOn.Org website and related links, they will warp your brain...Why would you care if terrorists were shipped to Saudi Arabia??? They haven't shipped you there, so leave off when someone wants to get terror suspects out of this wimpy country where we cant even deprive someone of their honey glazed chicken and prayer rugs to extract some information. You mealy mouthed wimp, and I say that with no respect intended, if the safety of this country were left up to the likes of you, we would all be bending toward Mecca 5 times a day to worship a false god and be involved in an Apostate religion. God Bless the USA, defend her at all cost, love her or leave her and I bet you wont leave....Tony

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

So you think Im top gun.. Humm, guess thats another conspiricy theory like saddam haveing WMDs. Actually i think I saw the story about tortureing and holding folks on ships on Yahoo. Not move here or what ever you said.. I do think your missing the whole point. That being we went in totally on a lie. If we'd just gone to afganastan and done what was needed there then this whole mess would have been over with a long time ago and there would be 1700 plus and counting soilders alive today thats dead. Tell me, do you honestly belive bush when he said he was trying everything to avoid war?And that saddam was respondsible for 9-11? Surely you'r not one of the coalition of the duped? You still havent offered one bit of evidence or a link anywhere to back your side of the story? If you know something the cia and the rest of us dont then PLEASE post the link. But it doesnt exist. He's a lier, you know it and so do I.
And no, I dont condon the rape or killing of innocent people. But again, why Iraq? If you'r dumb enough to think we're going to make the whole world a kinder gentler place to live then you need to think again. If, as you say we just havent got to them yet, then where do you suggest we go next in ten years from now when we bomb Iraq into democracy. How about china. They's enough of them chincs over there for us to fight for the next hundred years, and we could get another hornets nest stirred up.And we know they have wmds. After all , we're going to clean up the world. And as far as the prisoners being mistreated, its like I said before, but you wont listening. Bring them here, try them , if they are guilty then burn them at the stake or what ever. Doesnt matter to me.. But when you can call someone an enemy of the state and for no other reason lock them up and throw away the key.. Well wont that what saddam was doing? And dont give me that crap about you being too old to serve again. You telling me you cant drive a fuel truck. You cant stand at a check point and dodge suicide bombers?You mean you cant do office work to free someone else up to go get killed?????? That dog dont hunt.I think you'r the whimp. No disrespect intended. You just dont mind sending someone else to do what you dont believe in enough to do.By the way, wonder why bush's daughters havent signed up??.Now please, post your links to prove bush wasnt lieing,and saddam was linked to 9-11. I want to believe in this quack as bad as you.. Did you see your hero on tv tonight.. If you missed him it was just more lies. For example. he said that he'd send more troops if the generals needed more. Well the've been begging for more the whole war. Ever since General whats his name said we would need at least 200K and then he was booted out of the military for speaking the truth. Then he said other countries have "pledged" 34 billion. Excuse me but didnt he mean to say that all that is comeing from us?? To the tune of $3000 per second.And he went on and on about how brave the Iraq soldiers are. Well funny thing, its all over the web, radio, newpapers that every time they get shot at they head for the tall grass. And tell me this. Theres at least 15-20 million Iraqis over there. If they want democracy so bad why havent they got more than a few thousand to sign up and do some fighting?? I guess its like one of them said. "He was going to let his american slaves do his fighting"...Yeah, everything out of the guys mouth has been contradicted in all the press. Its like chuck hagel said, "the guy has a diconnect with reality"..
PS when you talk to top gun please ask him can I borrow his spell check..

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

bunnycide,, Do you know how many millions of South Vietnamese people were killed after we pulled out??? The maggots in DC including John Kerry cost us the war, it wasn't lost in the jungles of Vietnam!!!! Now they do all the same things over again, while our enemy laughs their ass's off at us. One of our cities will probably be vaporized if we don't whip their ass's over there and you know I'm right!!! What is it about GETTING YOUR THROAT SLIT that you don't understand,, these assholes hate us??? If you know any South Vietnamese people here in America talk to them and see what they tell you about how the commie bastards run Vietnam NOW!!! You havn't hit a nerve on me buddy,, they're all dulled out but I know a war protestor when I see what you've wrote here.. You didn't HEAR WHAT I SAID ABOUT CHARLIE THROWING EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK at us when a protest was in the making over here. BODY BAGS,, BLOOD and DEATH, thats what they wanted to send home to the folks running em!!!! Pull your head out of Your Butt and wake up my friend!!!!

Crew Chief

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Well said Crewchief, well said...as for you "Bunnycide", first off, yes I am too old to be in the army anymore, they do have age restrictions, check with your local recruiter...you call me stupid, but you are spouting the same liberal crap that was put out throughout the buildup to the war and into the elections(which Kerry lost by the way). Your idea of security is appeasement not confrontation and that is the crux of the explanation as to why LIBERALS CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH THE SECURITY OF THIS NATION. You are simply too wimpy to do what is necessary. In case you havent noticed, there hasnt been any more terrorist attacks here since that fateful day and I attribute that to the swift action of our COMMANDER IN CHIEF. (You know, President Bush....the winner of the election). Karl Rove was right when he correctly labeled liberals in his most recent speech as wanting to anylize the terrorist instead of killing them. You should take a real hard look at what is going on in the world dude, as you live in a dream world where fanatics can be reasoned with and understood. By the way, you should stop spouting venom about Vietnam, since you obviously dont remember which president it was who first sent troops there( Hint: KENNEDY). The last time I looked, Kennedy and Johnson were DEMOCRATS, not Republicans....It was a REPUBLICAN,(hint: Nixon) that eventually pulled troops out of Vietnam, and I dare say, he pulled them out too soon. I dont have links to websites or articles from the press to validate what I have said, I dont need anyone else thinking for me...I have lived it and I have a great memory...Tony

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

So you'r both saying that we pulled out of viet nam too soon? Wow, I wonder how the fifty or so thousand that got killed over there for nothing feels about that.And I guess we should have stayed in North Korea to and then went on into china like mcauther wanted to. You guys just cant get enough of attacking people that never attacked us can you? And as far as what carl rove said. Doesnt that fool know theres plenty of democrates over there fighting right now.I wonder what that did for their moral. I dont see him over there. And as far as Kerry goes, you guys should love him because every time he gets on tv all he does is just back up what bush did. All he wants to do is "tweek" the policy a little. I personally think he's almost as big an Idiot as bush. The only difference is he didnt start that mess over there.He just doesnt have the balls to end it. I would have loved to have seen bush get all the innocents out of Afgan. at the beginning of that war and then just fire bomb the whole darn country. Is that violent enough for you or should I have said NUKE it. This crap about me not wanting to kill the terriost is a bunch of BS. The only difference is that I realize which are the REAL terriost. Last time I checked it was the al-quaita. Neither of you can give one reason why we should have attacked Iraq instead of Iran. Or syria, or yemen or any other of a host of countries. They had more to do with the 911 than did Iraq. It was just bush's obsession with Iraq that got us in this mess. And now as the CIA says Iraq has become a training ground for terriost to come to from all over the world. Do you really think the US is safer now with all the new terriost created by shrub? And what do you think all them terriost are going to do when the american people realize they were lied to and demand we pull out. Well they're comeing over here ofcourse..And you think shrub's policies are keeping us safe? Ha, now that really did make my day. Wasnt bush the one that dimissed a memo directly to him that said "osama is planning an attack on US useing airplanes".. How much plainer can you get.? Unless its richard clark telling him outright that he better watch out for osama.. And what did bush do. Well he went on vacation ofcourse to improve his golf game.. You guys are stuck in your own little world and refuse to take your collective heads out of each others ass and see whats really going on . And by the way, I voted for Nixon. Why? because he said he would get us out of viet nam. And he did. He just waited till the next election so he could run on the same platform again. And by the way, Ive voted streight republican ticket ever since nixon until shrub ran against gore and I didnt have enough barf bags available to vote for either of them. Dont take my word for any of this. Go to this web site and see what the TROOPS are saying. Optruth.org. (operation truth) Bluegrass you said the other day that the patriot act doesnt diminish our freedoms. Did you know it gives the FBI the right to break into your house without a search warrent from a judge. And with no justification. Just because they dont like you. It basically nullifies the fourth amendment . And the fourth amenmdment is one of the main reasons we had the revelutionary war. Its one of the main things the founding fathers wanted to insure we had. And who the hell does George the shrub Bush think he is by spitting on our founding fathers. I would give you the link so you could see what the P.A. really says but since you can think for yourself I guess you already know but just are willing to casually give your rights away. Have a nice day boys. This is getting fun......

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

All those other countries you mention on the shitlist,, don't worry its coming!!!! It don't meen squat who's in the White House now,, IT'S ON For sure.. Are you ready too Loc and Load with the rest of us, or are you going to snuggle up to them??? I spent two years battling war protestors like you on the Military City website,, you ain't squat buddy!!!

Have a nice day!!!!
Crew Chief