Earthquakes in France

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

The French are nothing but a bunch of cowardly opportunists...They hated the British long before we wanted independence and only jumped on the bandwagon when we made significant progress towards independence. Now look at them again...they want to be in on the post war Iraq rebuilding process but don't want to commit any troops to help. Come to think of it, we are better off without the French helping!!! Be careful if the French say they are behind us in this effort, because that is where they will be, RIGHT BEHIND US!!!!! Oh yeah, the Russians are sticking their noses into it also...we aren't done with them yet, you just wait and see. They will cause a lot of trouble before this is all said and done.

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I think we repaid the french back in WWI. The way I see it, they now owe us after WWII. Remember also, we saved their butts in Vietnam. If they hadnt of ran off, we would have never been there in the first place. Besides, they didnt save us the first time. I think the great George Washington did that. He was the greatest general in History. Check your history, the french played only a limited role in that war. Remember also that there was greed involved in that and they hated the British. They could have cared less about us, they just wanted to see the British defeated. Everyone talks about the French, what about Germany, Russia, Mexico, Canada and China. All cowards in my book. Well see when China comes callin for help with the Koreans. I guarantee we will be right there to help. My uncle took a bullet in France and he was buried with it. It was a constant reminder til his death a few years back. I imagine he is rolling in his grave up in Taylor, Michigan about right now. I ask one more ? on France. Why do they insist on vetoing the resolution that would give the UN control of the food for oil program. For anyone that thinks we are in it for the oil, well, why do we want to give it to the UN to control.
thanks Brian
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

Beaman

IRAQ

Post by Beaman »

Novice, You worry me. How in the Hell did our Country create this mess? I think most on this board know how you feel. God Bless Our Leaders, Country, and our Troops. Beaman

Novice

Post by Novice »

Beaman, you asked so I will tell you. lets go back a ways to Iran Before the iran embassy fiasco the shiek was in power and backed or endorsed by us. when the Iatola took power in iran and kidnaped all of the people at our embassy. So we ( the US) started training Omar Kadaffi's troops. this was so that we had some power in the region and by him having our backing causing the Iatola to back down but then he started to get out of hand and we bombed him and killed one of his sons and he allthough was much smarted than sadam and backed down. But we again found ourselves wiht the need to have an enforcer in the middle east. we then wound up with sadam. as with kadaffi we trained his troops her in the US at our boot camps. and we suplied him with the weapons (not of mass destruction) as a result he tasted power and liked it. and so he got out of hand. And now needs to be eliminated and the rest of the power structure set straight. So you ask why or how we created this problem that is how. how do I know this from personal Knoledge of family members having served in the armed forces during the times that I speack of and curentely serving. As to how I feel I don't think you do know. I suport the troops with all of my beeing. And it kills me to think of one more drop of blood beeing shed by any of our young people over there. Do I believe in what they are fighting for Yes do I thik it is necessary yes. Do I think we should be informed enogh so that we may try to keep our goverment from creating another sadam in the furture Yes the American soldiers that have given their lives deserve that we may honor their scrafice to not let this happen again in the future. My name is john antunes what is yours.