They Think We Are Fools

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Bunnycide, just who do YOU want in office then??? You act like you have all the answers, but all we see from your post is negativity, despair and gloom...Monday morning quarterbacks like you can talk all you want, but why dont you try and be a little pro-active and tell us all how to fix the problems we have and who YOU want running the country then??? I probably take the most offence at being called a Jesus Freak...you are on a board where there are a lot of Bible believing Christians and you trashing the Saviour of the world isnt helping lend any credibility to your arguments at all...the last time I checked, there weren't Christian religious groups proposing gun controls at all, if anything it was groups with definite anti Christian biases pushing for control on guns. Your statement about losing rights is downright retarded as you cannot state SINGLE RIGHT THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU. Illegal wire tapping?? Are you kidding??? Is that the best you have?? Hey, I have an idea, in your own words tell us all what a Writ of Habeas Corpus does or means??? Not from a book mind you, but in your own words...I say this because you seem to be spewing liberal talking points and I just want to know if you even understand what you are talking about. You might want to stay away from MoveOn.ORG for a while Bunnycide, so you can clear your mind of the poison that liberalism has infected you with...Tony

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

Tony, Thanks for the reply, and I do understand your concern. It is a jungle out there and only seems to be getting worse. Ill try to address some of your points from memory. First on the religious finatics. Im not talking about most of the folks that come here. But of the people such as Pat robertson. People who would love to send this country back several hundred years to an age of witch hunts and such religious intolerance that they kill and torture the non believers. Face it the guy is truly a nut. His take on planned parenthood, a concern to educate people about safe sex,contraceptives,STDs,and the like is this. He says it promotes beatiality and homosexuality. He's also calling for the assasination of Hugo chavez. And on the civil liberty assualt thats going on. Well if you dont see that then you'r either blinded by your beliefs or just simply uniformed. Just google something such as bush assualt on liberites and youll get plenty of hits to chew on. Here's a good link to get you started.http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=9231,(not sure if the administrator allows links, if not I appologize.) And how about all them happless goat hearders down in gitmo. Yeah theres some really bad guys locked up down there for sure. They should be tried and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But theres a big percentage of them that were simply farmers and such that just couldnt get out of the war zone quick enough and got picked up and accused of being an enemy combatant. According to bushco they should have no right to a lawyer, no right to even see the charges against them.Just thrown in a hole and forgotten. Tell me tony, is this the american way. Even Ted Bundy got a trial. Sure some like O.J. Simpson will slip through the cracks.. But thats the chance we take for being an open and democratic society. With laws, such as the right to a trial, to see the evidence against you, to have repersentation, and to have a jury of your peers judge you. Not one man sitting in washington. Isnt that a dictatorship. What we supposedly went to Iraq to dispose of.As far as your little comment about Moveon.org. Since you seemed to be the one obsessed with them then you should know that they arent advocateing the immidiate withdrawall of our troops from Iraq. I'm sure that pleases you. Or atleast this was their view last I knew anything about them, which is a couple of years ago. I dont like them spinless liberals such as them and Al Franken, who spout their view but when push comes to shuv they still wont vote for ending this fiasco in mesopotainia.As far as who I want in office.. Humm, well as you know there isnt a whole lot to choose from. I dont see anyone getting up and telling it like it really is. They are all so afraid of being labeled unpatirotic it got everyone cowered. But I will tell you this. Ill not vote for anyone that wont bring our troops home. No matter what flavor he is. As far as being negative about the world situation.. Well we do have a lot to be concerned about. Theres this little global warming thing thats going to rear its ugly head in a few decades. There's a pretty good train of thought that says if we attack Iran and they can disrupt the flow of oil and cause it to double or triple in price at the pump it could bring on a world wide depression. I can give you the link to this narrative if you so desire. Then theres the deal about our riseing dept. Alot of it to china. As Im sure you know the world buys and sells oil in dollars. So in effect the dollar is tied to the price of oil. I forget exactly how this was pulled off several decades ago. But suffice to say it was a coup by the US. Now Iraq before saddam was ousted was trying to form an oil bourge, thats not the correct spelling but basically its tradeing oil in something besides dollars. And now Iran is trying to get the same thing establised. Some say this is part of the real reason we went to war. Now if this happens and the dollar is no longer backed by a barrell of oil then all of sudden our dollars become alot less valuable. And to countries like china who are lending us money to make war on other countries all of a sudden the dollar looks alot less attractive. Because it isnt backed by anything. And if they decide to start unloading Billions and billions of dollars onto the market then the value drops and we hit inflation like we've never seen before.Sending our econemy spiraling out of control. Again, I dont profess to understand all the complexities of this senerio, but it is something on the horizen and a good reason to get our finantial ship righted instead of creating new terriost where there wasnt any to start with. Or very few that we had to worry about. But to me the most immidiate theat is again this assualt on our civil liberties. Cursed be the day if you'r labeled an enemy combatant. For any reason. Be it just simply protesting the war. Which now could be construed as giveing aid and comfort to the enemy. And bam , you'r off to gitmo, never to be heard of or seen again. When you start to slip down that slippery slop to dictatorship under the guise of protecting the citizens then its a hard hill to climb up out of. Just ask the germans. Part of the reason Hitler was able to grab power was that he was protecting them from a fabricated threat.Heres the link that should explain it.http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/2204 ... ctatorship Or google Reichstag Fire. Have a nice day everyone. And stay informed.

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

Here's an example of what I've been saying. In the Detainee bill recently passed. In sub chapter 1 section 948 A here's the definition of an enemy combatant. (i) a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al Qaeda, or associated forces); or

(ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense.
Now dont you think in todays climate that getting a sign and marching against the war would constitute "engageing in hostilities against the united states"? But the real kicker is that he wouldnt even have to do something as benign as this. Because anyone the president doesnt like, say someone about to leak some report telling the truth about the niger yellow cake lie, could be renditioned late at night , hauled off to gitmo and never see the light of day.. Because guess who decides who is an enemy combatant. Yep , Mr. Pres..No trial, no jury,, Seems to me if we could prosecute the war criminals at the nuremburg trials them we could surly deal with todays war criminals. So far about 8% of the detainee at gitmo have been captured on the battle feild. Some were turned in by their fellow Iraqis just for a payback for some previous matter.Most are probably just guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. But without laws we'll never no. Like I said before, try em and fry em. But if you dont have the goods on them then turn them loose.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Bunnycide, while I appreciate your response, you really have not answered any of the core questions I asked you...I.E.- Who do you want for President?? And what civil liberties YOU have lost??? Not some left wing, what might be, what could be scenarios and interpretations of recent laws regarding enemy combatants...what civil liberties and rights have YOU lost??? You think the President could just lock up anyone he wants without reason huh??? If you TRULY believe that, then you are living in a fantasy world, one dominated by Left Wing Anti-US sentiment. Have you ever thought of just why the constitution and the rights that go with it don't apply to "enemy combatants"??? Its because THE TERRORISTS DONT RECOGNIZE HUMAN RIGHTS. All the darn muslim scumbags respect is death for infidels, and THATS US BUNNYCIDE!!!

Here is another question for you, and please try to answer this one on your own, not with a link to a left wing website this time, OK???

If you truly believe that enemy combatants should be treated and afforded the same rights as American citizens, then what about the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS???? Or do you favor selectively dishing out the constitution to others to stay in line with your left leaning policies????

The reason for fighting muslims in their own countries is very simple...WE CANNOT WAIT TO BE ATTACKED AGAIN....THE COST IS TOO MUCH TO BEAR. These animals dont respect human life, not even their own. Contrary to what you believe, it is a WAR. The only difference betweent this war and others (WWII, Vietnam, Korea, even Desert Storm in Kuwait) is these jackasses dont have a country of their own, they glom on to other Arab countries, which do NOTHING to get rid of them, therefore they have no borders to attack, no political heads to obliterate or even infrastructure to destroy. If they were residing on one country, it would be easier to find them, kill them, and be done with it. But if you would be truly objective, even you must admit that the terrorists that are being killed on a daily basis in Iraq DONT JUST COME FROM IRAQ. THEY ARE FILTERING IN FROM SYRIA, IRAN AND OTHER ARAB STATES SUPPORTIVE OF KILLING INFIDELS (AGAIN, THAT MEANS US BUNNYCIDE, YOU AND ME).

Sorry for rambling, but when someone wants to support terrorists at the expense of American safety, I tend to get a little riled up :mad: Tony

bunnycide

Post by bunnycide »

Tony, You make an excellent point. The insurgents are coming in from other countries. In fact this is exactly what that leaked report said about a month ago. I'm sure you remember the one compiled by 16 different intelligence agencies. Boosh's OWN spy agencies. It also said something to the effect that Iraq was now a magnate for terrorist. Something it never was before. And that America is now LESS safe than it was in Saddams time. And even that Saddam was actually trying to catch zaquahria because he was a religious radical and a threat to his power. So much for the fight them over there theory. As far as which of my civil rights have been taken away I'll submit that when anyones rights get taken away its means we all lose. No, I havent been kidnapped and sent to another country to be tortured but it has happened. Want the link?? And once you or anyone loses their right to a trial,or even to see the evidence against you then it can happen to you. After all isnt this the exact same argument that the NRA has been useing for years. For example if they take away my fully automatic A-K 47 then next they'll want to take away grandpa's old double barrell duck pluker. And besides isnt it a little scary to know that your fate could rest in the hands of just one person. ONe person decides wheather or not you'r an enemy combatant. This is what that new bill says. That your guilt or innocence will be decided by a " Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President." And just who do you think he's going to put on that tribunal. Roberto Gonzolaz or some ACLU lawyer. I think we both know which. As far as president I'll keep it to who I think will be running. First, Hilliary and Mcain arent even on my short list. Both are delusinal war mongers. Hagel's been talking a mean line but he still cant get over the hump and say to get out of Iraq. Wesley clark might run again. Not sure where he stands, on much of anything , including Iraq. Then there's Gore and John Edwards. Gore has alot of baggage and not sure what he'd do about Iraq. But he does recognize the global warming thing and I really dont think big oil, and the arms making machinery have him completely bought out like they have most polititions.Edwards is a pretty sharp guy. Might be Okay. Again not sure what he'd do with the fiasco. All in all Id have to say I'd vote for Gore. There just aren't any republicans that aren't towing the party line and become so corrupt with big corp money that I think they'd do anything except what the Israli and other lobbies tell them. You'r last statment is very telling and Ill have to take exeption to it . You say "someone who wants to "SUPPORT TERRORIST"ahead of american safty".You know boosh gets on tv day after day and says almost the same thing. For example "If you'r not with us then you'r against us" "If your against the war then you'r giving aid to the enemy.""When you question the policy then you demorilize the troops and give comfort to the enemy." "you embolden the enemy when you talk of a withdrawal"
Well these words are getting awfully awfully close to saying just what the criterior is for being an enemy combatant. "Support the terriost, aid and comfort to the terrorist." So you see its only a hop skip and jump before anyone can be labeled an enemy of the state. Just for saying no more than what I've written. To me thats scary. Maybe not to you. You know its a known fact in politics that some people just cant be swayed by any amount of facts or arguments no matter how convincing. After all,
Nixon's approval ratings never dipped below about 25%.

Happy Hunting,

PS: Who you going to vote for. Dont want to make you mad but by your arguments I'm thinking it might be Lady Hilliary!!! Aye??

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

The elections are over and gas is still down. hmm
Is that Bush's fault too?
Here at work that is a longstanding joke. Everytime something goes wrong someone says it is Bush's fault. :P
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

A-Site

Post by A-Site »

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

First of all I have never voted for just one party in any election, but I am amazed at the generic beliefs that follow each party such as : the democrats are for the working man or the republicans are for big buisness, which niether of is true. Both parties are rich, do you ever wonder why politicians spend millions to be elected to an office that pays thousands, maybe you should. So lets compare apples to apples here: Bill Clinton vs George Bush, Clinton had knowledge of alcada an didn't take it serious. Bush only after being attacked at least did take a stand right or wrong, so whose right I only know what I believe. Moving on to the economy here at home when Clinton was voted out the economy was in a stall, the stock market was at all time lows, interest rates were at all time highs, more technical jobs left this country during the Clinton administration than any other, now Bush came in gave every household a $300 dollar tax break and the economy has been improving every since, now you might say $300 dollars is no money but when you figure how many households there are in this country that creates a lot of cash flow, thus the stock market is stong, interest rates are down and so on. So who has actually been better for the country.

shotgunner

Post by shotgunner »

democrats,we wasnt in det as bad .it took clinton his term to fix the first mess that bushes father made.yes bush gave 300 dollars to ever household,and the stockmarket is up.but that was only to help his rich friends and his self.insted of 300 hundred they got 3 million.and stop and think.who do the stockmarket help.(the rich)not the little folks that live day buy day.the people that to strugle to surive.it dont hurt the rich to alot for gas.because most of them.can charge it to a company and get it off on thier taxes.but if they made 6to 8 dollars a hr thing would change.when republican are it for a term or two everthing goes all to hell.then people relizes and puts a democrat back in office to get things straight again.and as soon as thing get better they forget what he has done.and vote him out .hoping they can find a republican president that can do the same.this is the way i see it,nobody has to agree with me.dont mean to make anyone mad.we all make our own decesion.and we have to live with them for the rest of our lives.god bless our troops may they all come home safe
Kilgore's Kennels

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Shotgunner I am going to address some of your comments. Again I here the same undertoons, the dems are for the poor, the reps are for the rich. How many poor politicians can you name, regardless of their party.First I challenge you or all of the Clinton lovers out there to come on here and post what Bill did so good for them and what Bush has done so bad to them. I grew up on a farm, we were very poor I worked a full time second shift job to pay my way through college and I can tell you a lot of less than rich people make money on the stock market if they are willing to educate themselves and dicipline themselves to follow the market and invest what they can. I am only a plant facility maintenance technician but I can tell you the only pres I have lost money with was Clinton, because the whole market crashed, espesually the american markets. The american economy is directly affected by the stock market, when the market is strong there is cash flow , another words people are spending, new buisnesses are opening, interest rates are down,and so on.

grim

Post by grim »

yall i had to pay 2.50 a gallon for gas tonight and live 10 miles away from a refinery if that doesnt suck what does
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

mtnwaykennel

Re:

Post by mtnwaykennel »

Every time gas goes up... the nations moral goes down....
1) Now if I was a turban wearin' us hate'n kinda feller who controlled alot of the world's oil... do you think I would make sure the price of oil spikes every now and again???
2) Now if I was a oil CEO or a farmer who sells eggs... and some poor soul told me I could get 65 dollars for a barrel of oil or 18 dollars for a dozen eggs... dang skippy I would be out there selling my happy little tail off....

Again how is it congress or the president doing this to us???
Sure it needs to be regulated but alot of this falls into the seperation of state and federal goverment ect. and so many other loop holes that one could never keep up. I spend a little over 100$ a week in gas just working .. not counting everything else I do and it hurts the ol budget!
Shell .. texaco... exxonn... these are the people whom do this... not anyone in the whitehouse or any party of politics.. give the credit where credit is due.... stop bashing OUR president over every little thing ... could you make these calls or would you even want the decisions of war or peace on your mind... knowing that the call you make will be wrong no matter what.. I feel sorry for the man.. he has a job and decisions at hand that no man shouldhave to make a decision on... I just thank god for once in a long time we had a president with enough back bone to stand up.... or where would we be??

shotgunner

Post by shotgunner »

not millions of dollars in det.when clinton term was finished,we was not in det .as i said in my last post,IT TOOK HIM HIS WHOLE TERM TO STRIGHTING OUT THE MESS BUSHES FATER MADE.he was not as concerned about making the rich richer.if you lost money ,it seems to me you was not as educated as you thought you was.IF YOU LOST MONEY IT WAS YOUR FAULT,NOT CLINTONS.wait and see if a dem is not the next president.this war has caused a lot of young lives to be lost.nothing the war started for.has been found,i am like alot of other people in this world.this war started because of his father.i agree about protection the usa .but when you sit behind a desk.a play war with young lives.that is wrong,i dont care who you are.he was not man enough for the milatery.so why should he be able to do it with others lives.i may not have went to college.and i may not be book smart.but i do have common sense and i am not blind.if people would sit back and listen to what is going on now in this world.and take a good look at what dem president done in the past for people.and weight them out you can see that dem has done more.i may just be a dum hillbilly but i am proud to be a dem.everone has the right to vote the way they wish.so vote for who you want,if its a mistake you have to live it.but you dont have to addmit it.i am not go to reply anymore about this,you see it one way and i see it another,and bush is not worth my time.
Kilgore's Kennels

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Your right about one thing it was my fault I lost money I should have pulled my money out sooner, but you still didn't tell me what Clinton did for you . In my lifetime (correct me if I'm wrong) but the democrat president's were Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter and Bill clinton, somebody PLEASE tell me what either one did for them or the country.
Last edited by Rabbithoundjb on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moore Beagles

PARTASISIM

Post by Moore Beagles »

Bev I think you need to change the name of this Post to Partasism!
I'm Pro-Gun, and I'm pro-life, and don't care for any Politcial who is on the other side of those issues, or act like they are but do the opposite when they try to get Liberal laws pushed through. Or some Jackass from Tenn. that runs around talking about Global warming, but made some of his money in Tenn oil and gas, and wants me and you to drive a freakin Ugo, while he flys in his Lear Jet, and Gas gussling Limo.
Have you ever noticed that the liberal views are never consistant.
They are supposed to care about the working class, but can't help keeping a foot on top of them at the same time. I used to work in a labor union and everytime a Bush was in we worked, and everytime a Clinton came on board, we got layed Off. If you think we don't have a Liberal Media, your being Blinded. How do you tell who the Media is against?
They are the ones they show the picture of their face that looks like they are gruntin on the toilet. When they show a picture of THE CLINTONS, it looks like it came from Glamor Shots.
They love to find anything Bush says that looks confusing, or dumb and wear it out! Over and Over
If Clinton is so against guns why did they use them some much while he was in office, why does he have armed Guards, why didn't they settle the WACO conflict with words. As Clinton said on TV, "I don't have anything against guns, I have friends who use guns, My buddies use thier (RIFLES) when they go DUCK Hunting" Really?

Guns kill people, like Spoons made Rosie Odonnell Fat and Ugly!

But don't think I'm all one way, because There is lots of funny business going on with the fuel prices. WHY did Deisel prices jump up higher than Gasoline, When Deisel is not a refined fuel? Its up because a refinery went down, HUH!!!! I'm sorry I didn't mean to add fuel to the fire Opps!

But I'll settle for paying for higher gas, instead of funding using aborted babies for spare parts like the (Clintonites)DUMocrats want to do.
Do you really think John Kerry was a choice, or I'm getting Warmer Gore. Somebody needs to tell Gore that he is warmer because he gained about 75 pounds, and the Earth is warming up because He won't keep his Pie hole shut! Thats a theory thats believiable!
I also don't believe we should leave our troops over there forever.
There will never be long term peace in the Middle East, The Bible tells us that. Infact It predicts more Wars for the middle East and the Land now known as Iraq. But I'm a firm believer in We should fight them RIGHT there, and teach the locals to fight for thier own freedom.
If the Democrats really care about our (boys) troops, why don't they fund giving them more body armor, or stop insulting them like Kerry does. Imagine what he says when the camera isn't on him.
Catfish I pray for our Boys everyday, and I pray for Victory and peace. I have two Nephews over there right now. Please pray for them, and The military leaders for wisdow, because in this (cursed world) the fight against evil will never end till the SON of Man, and Son of God comes back again. Gregg
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best