Some can talk the talk but don't bother to walk the walk

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

House 1:
The four-bedroom home was planned so that "every room has a
relationship with something in the landscape that's different
from the room next door. Each of the rooms feels like a
slightly different place." The resulting single-story house is
a paragon of environmental planning.
The passive-solar house is built of honey-colored native
limestone and positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming
the interior walkways and walls of the 4,000-square-foot residence.
Geothermal heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300
feet deep in the ground. These waters pass through a heat
exchange system that keeps the home warm in winter and cool in
summer. A 25,000-gallon underground cistern collects
rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and
showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also
funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then
used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home,
(which) uses indigenous grasses, shrubs, and flowers to
complete the exterior treatment of the home. In addition to
its minimal environmental impact, the look and layout of the
house reflect one of the paramount priorities: relaxation. A
spacious 10-foot porch wraps completely around the residence
and beckons the family outdoors. With few hallways to speak
of, family and guests make their way from room to room either
directly or by way of the porch. "The house doesn't hold you
in. Where the porch ends there is grass. There is no step-up
at all."

This house consumes 25% of the energy of an average
American home. (Source: Cowboys and Indians Magazine, Oct.
2002 and Chicago Tribune April 2001.)

House 2:
This 20-room, 8-bathroom house consumes more electricity every
month than the average American household uses in an entire
year. The average household in America consumes 10,656
kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of
Energy. In 2006, this house devoured nearly 221,000 kWh, more
than 20 times the national average. Last August alone, the
house burned through 22,619 kWh, guzzling more than twice the
electricity in one month than an average American family uses
in an entire year. As a result of this energy consumption, the
average monthly electric bill topped $1,359. Also, natural gas
bills for this house and guest house averaged $1,080 per month
last year. In total, this house had nearly $30,000 in
combined electricity and natural gas bills for 2006. (Source: just
about anywhere in the news last month online and on talk
radio, but barely on TV.)

House 1 belongs to George and Laura Bush, and is in Crawford, Texas.

House 2 belongs to Al and Tipper Gore, and is in Nashville, Tennessee.
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

bunnycide

gotta be kidding

Post by bunnycide »

You aren't really comparing Bush's view on Global warming and Gores are you? Here's some food for thought.
One man has traveled the world trying to bring the global warming issue to the attention of everyone. Even making a critically acclaimed movie on the topic. I'm no big fan of Gore but you have to give credit where its due. On the other hand Bush,who wont even admit there is any global warming occuring, has used the power of the office of president to squash and silence any free thought on the entire subject. He does this by withholding government grants and funding from any scientist that would dare to disagree with the party line. By putting in high government positions people with nonsensical religious agendas or profit agendas. ie oil men. Science, religion and politics should be kept at arms length from each other.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Cmon, Bunnycide, dont tell us you believe this hype regarding Global Warming being man made...it just came out about two weeks ago or so that the other planets in our solar system are also heating up...DUE TO THE SUN, not man...global warming is the biggest fraud to hit this country since Roe v Wade....

Tony

Emery

Post by Emery »

Here is my take on global warming... Cold and heat variations are cyclical. They have proven that by drilling into glaciers and looking at ice rings. They occur over hundreds of years. We are just in one of those warming trends. But, I may be completely ignorant and just be blowing smoke up my own shorts. :lol:

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

denny606

walk the walk

Post by denny606 »

Global warming in my very small intelligence as compared with a lot of the"experts" is one of the biggest lies ever told by the far left Eco -freaks,as Emery pointed out climate changes are cyclical based on an unending number of factors.The fear mongers who would have you beleive otherwise need to remember that the same people who are screaming man is causing this were forecasting a cool down of the climate in the 70's with catastrophic results,no doubt man has contributed to the current problem ,but what about in Mideviel Times when the earths average surface temperature was 14 degrees warmer than it is now.The polar ice cap that the Gorephobics say is shrinking is smaller in surface area than it was but is thickening at the pole centers ,resulting in no real net loss of mass.There are leading scientists who totally disagree with the global warming issue that have said that they know better than to speak out against it because they would be branded as outcasts by the "scientific community"and probably have their research funding cut drastically because the Enviromental leftists control it ,as well as being put on the defense for letting their views be known,When Al Gore couldn't make it in Washington he headed for Hollywood and filmed what he calls "An Inconvenient Truth".I think he should have called it what it is CONVENIENT RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA.Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but let's not confuse celebrity with wisdom. The Bible says if any man lack wisdom let him ask of God who has it to give.People the world as we know it is going to come to an end regardless of who is president democrat or republican.So in closing my little tirade here ,Sorry if I personally offended anyone, But second ammendment rights apply to Christians too,Let me leave you with this thought, I believe it was the Apostle Paul who said ,If I had hope in this world and this world alone I would be of all men most miserable,God Bless You ,Denny P.S.I'm one of those illiterate Eastern Kentuckians that American Idol wants so desperately to help,Thanks but no.
Denny's House.... Home of HOF Front Porch Champion Fred the Beagle