Post Election Predictions

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dr. Chris

Re: Post Election Predictions

Post by Dr. Chris »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:I agree TC and Tony but I think you are wasting your time talking facts and common sense to Dr. Chris and a few more of these folks.
Dr. Chris is an expert at copy and paste and taking what someone says as the gospel rather than examining their record and identifying it for what it is.
I think Dr. Robert Gates is an independent and not a republican.

The election part is over so time will tell what the future holds but Dr. Chris or anyone else will not fool me with smoke and mirrors. If Obama had a clue how to handle what he has gotten into he wouldn't be appointing most of Clintons people to tell him what they think he should do.

Here is some change for you. Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton.
Copy and Paste? Taking what someone says as the gospel? Will not fool me with smoke and mirrors?

I don't have a clue of what you are talking about and I really don't think you do either. And as far as his appointments? Everybody has worked for somebody, these two or three that you are talking about happened to work for Clinton, but if they are the best at what they do, I don't care who they worked for, Republican or Democrat. Time will tell, we will see.

Tony,
Look, I am not as far out in left field as you depict me to be. My moral values are as every bit as conservative as anybody on this board if not more. I just believe that we accomplish these goals of conservative values being placed in the every day lives of people, and actually being applied and achieved by totally different methods than you propose. You say that you try to vote for “conservatives”. I don’t. I have at times, but them being conservative it not what is on my mind when I cast my vote. I keep a person’s moral values for the most part, out of it when I am considering who I am voting “in” at a particular position. I focus on who I think will be best and who has the most to offer at that particular position. If I owned a football team and paid 20 million dollars a year for a great running back because he is the best at producing yards on the ground, that would be great. But if it was a quarterback that I was in need of and I bought that running back instead and placed him in the “quarterback” position, even though he may be a great running back, he does me no good and benefits me “0”, if I place him as my quarter back just because he is a good running back. His talent as a running back does me no good in the quarter back position. What good does it do to vote in a good moral person with great values if they do a horrible job in the position they receive. Much effort was and is given to appoint and collect votes for people that are conservative, moral people. If that same effort was put in making sure that people were appointed “where” moral people could actually make a difference in our lives: like teachers, pastors, church leaders, school counselors, coaches and above all, making sure “parents” are held accountable for being parents with morals and scruples. That’s where people with morals can make a difference. People will fight tooth and nail to vote for a conservative in the political arena, and degrade anybody that disagrees with them, and will dig in every area of their life and past to look for dirt, but do we do the same with who is teaching our children? Or counseling our children, or coaching our children, or giving spiritual direction and leadership to our families? And this is where it counts, this is where and how our future politicians and leadership comes from. Our failed morals in our leadership of today are because somebody dropped the ball in these areas years ago. You act like because I voted for Obama that I also back him in every area, that’s not true. Did you vote for McCain because he was a cheating husband on his first wife, and openly admitted that he cheated on her over 15 times and that he was repulsed of her because she was in an accident and became a “cripple” and he dumped her to get with a girl half his age, and because her daddy owned Budweiser and was rich, and her daddy had great political connections. So does this mean that you think its ok for anybody to cheat on their wives and treat them like garbage and trade them in when you feel a better opportunity comes along? I think not. You more than likely voted for McCain because you thought he was the best pick of the two running, and the areas that you may not approve of McCain in was ignored for the over all “big picture” of what you thought he had to offer. Goodness, morals, values and “people that do the right thing” comes from within and works its way out. It starts at home, school, church, local clubs, sports teams etc… and works its way out. You said yourself: “I believe that government isn’t the answer, its the problem...its intrusive, too big” but at the same time you want the Government to be conservative and to influence, restrict, force and discipline when certain moral and ethical issues are involved, and when other certain issues are involved you want the Government to stay completely out of it. You can’t have it both ways. People need to do the right things because they desire to, not because they are forced to. And you must know, when it comes to passing or killing certain issues and bills when it is submitted to congress, Democrats are going to Republicans and Republicans are going to Democrats and Dems. to Dems. and Rep. to Rep. etc… saying to each other, “if you will give me your vote here, I will give you my vote there”. You scratch my back, I will scratch yours. This has been going on for years and it will always be that way because that is politics, it’s a dirty world. Bottom line, if I thought that some of the things that were told about Obama were true, like some of you do, I would have not have voted for him either. But I don’t believe the rumours that are so easily proven to be false. And I believe that Obama will be good for this country “in the big picture” at least better than McCain would have been. But to make crazy statements about people and call them names and to degrade them because they don’t share your opinion or because they are not Republican, is just wrong. And to be so closed minded that “Republicans only” should be elected is just wrong. I have and would vote for Republicans that I thought were the best for the position. I do agree with Pike Ridge of the fact that a 3rd party would be good. The only problem would be money, media and a legitimate contender. Most of the time a third party candidate is used as propaganda to steal the votes from a certain party when it’s going to be a close race, like Perot’s 19%. Theodore Roosevelt made a great try and then of course Abraham Lincoln was the last to be elected as a third party canidate. It would be tough. It would take a huge {loved by the American people and media} name, huge money and the American people in the state of being totally disgusted with both other parties, and for all of these things to fall into place at the same time. But who knows, if I am absolutly wrong about Obama, in 4 years we could be in total shambles and out of the dust and mess a savior could rise up. But I can’t think of any names right now off the top of my head.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Rabbithoundjb wrote: If Obama had a clue how to handle what he has gotten into he wouldn't be appointing most of Clintons people to tell him what they think he should d.
:idea: :check:

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking the same thing about a week ago when I witnessed all the William Jefferson Clinton appointees. I thought, Obama is in over his head and figures if he replicates the Clinton régime he will be safe. If he fails and can blame it on the hot potato W. handed him and feel secure with the same members that Clinton had appointed. Or should I say the elite rich who run the media, free market, and world handed him. :idea: :check:

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Dr Chris stupid hurts,as the American people will find out in the next 4 years. Obama was not the best choise,he is under qualified,Liberal,and has no idea what hes getting into,his cronies will run the country,thats what they wanted so they get this no message smooth talker Obama,WHO THEY CAN LEAD :blackeye: . I will be voteing for the most Conservative canidate from now on,not the lesser of 2 evils,a third party with conservative values would be great at least I will feel better. This country needs an enama to spew out these crooked scum in Washington IN BOTH PARTIES.

Dr Chris you sure do like to ramble on about the same tired ilk. Dr Chris if we can't force people to do right why have Cops just to catch them after they do wrong? Do they have the right to do wrong? Same ole Liberal swill that you talk all the time. Bottom line lack of Morals. We need Liberals to teach the big bang insted of Creationism(this is a christan nation like it or not) ,we need them to say gays can marry its just and alturnative life style(thats what they want taught to our children),we need them because they support the antis,we need them to rasie our taxes,we need them to say no to Drilling and thats hypocritical-its ok to drill anywhere else on Earth except here-I think its time we pitch in,but the liberals have the Serria Club and others that would rather hug a tree than see a man work and support his family,ect on and on. Obama will raise taxes the Democrats always have and the Republicans always lower them thats a historic fact. He says he wants to get rid of the coal industry,what about all them 50 plus miners,is he going to retrain them to do the jobs he says will replace their jobs,are these jobs going to be in their state or do they have to relocate their family. Yea we realy need a Liberal.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

You say that you try to vote for “conservatives”. I don’t. I have at times, but them being conservative it not what is on my mind when I cast my vote. I keep a person’s moral values for the most part, out of it when I am considering who I am voting “in” at a particular position

Thats the biggest part of the problem...when you take "morals" out of your decision making, there is NOTHING that is wrong, nothing illicit, nothing that you can be held accountable for. Biggest problem with those that want to take God out of every facet of Government, schools, etc. Once you remove God, from whom ALL morals come from and against whom a lack of morals is judged, you have removed all threat of judgement, right and wrong and good and evil. Once there is no right and wrong, everything is permissable and right. Thats the kind of thinking that will drag this country to hell, and is well on its way there now.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

:?:
Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:HAS THE LAST EIGHT YEARS BEEN CONSERVATIVE OR LIBERAL,THE FIRST 6 YRS THE REPUBLICANS HAD CONTROL OF ALL 3 BRANCHES,THE LAST 2YRS THE DEMOCRATS HAD A SLIM MAJORITY ,THE DEBT GREW ,GOVERNMENT GREW ALSO THE GOVERNMENT TOOK MORE CONTROL IN CITIZENS DAY TO DAY LIFE WITH THE PATRIOT ACT AND SPYING ON CITIZENS ETC.RELIGION IN THIS COUNTRY OR AT LEAST ORGANIZED RELIGION WENT DOWN THE TOILET BAD,SO WHICH WAY DO YOU THINK THE COUNTRY THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.
PINE MT BEAGLES
I agree with you. Theoretically, you would expect the “morals” of the country to take a dive when “liberals” like Clinton are in office {that’s the conservative scare tactic used often} but at that same token, there should be a surge in principals and values when the “conservative” party has control, but that is not and has not been the case. That’s why I said “Much effort was and is given to appoint and collect votes for people that are conservative, moral people. If that same effort was put in making sure that people were appointed “where” moral people could actually make a difference in our lives: like teachers, pastors, church leaders, school counsellors, coaches and above all, making sure “parents” are held accountable for being parents with morals and scruples. That’s where people with morals can make a difference. People will fight tooth and nail to vote for a conservative in the political arena, and degrade anybody that disagrees with them, and will dig in every area of their life and past to look for dirt, but do we do the same with who is teaching our children? Or counselling our children, or coaching our children, or giving spiritual direction and leadership to our families? And this is where it counts, this is where and how our future politicians and leadership comes from. Our failed morals in our leadership of today are because somebody dropped the ball in these areas years ago.” I don’t believe that values, morals and the importance and value of “right and wrong” are instilled in people by promoting it from the Government. I think it works the other way around. But no matter what, money and personal favours still controls the vote of what is passed and squashed of most Democrats and Republicans at the house and senate.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Pine mt I have to agree on the debt and growing the government if you go back and read some of my post you will see that I pointed both of those out as Bush short comings. I disagree on religion and morals unless I missed something I don't think this president has been involved in sex scandles with enturns and mistresses and so on.

I think those 6 years where the repubs had all that control were much better than since the dems took control.

You guys are really in the dark if you believe what is going on is all Bushes fault.

Pine Mt Beagles

Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

KesslerBeagles

Post by KesslerBeagles »

Dr. Chris wrote: But no matter what, money and personal favours still controls the vote of what is passed and squashed of most Democrats and Republicans at the house and senate.
Now this I agree with! 3rd Party, 3rd Party, 3rd Party...... Is it me or did Pike Ridge mention an idea that "everybody" on here actually agrees with? With no debating, arguing, calling each other names... :dance: :dance: :dance: Give that man a Cigar!

Pine Mt Beagles

Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

I predict the trickle down, (voo-doo) economic plan goes into extinction...a fair tax on oil companies, instead of no excess profits tax...I see people returning to work, that hasn't had a job in years. I expect the unemployment rate to drop signiflinty in the first two years.of this administration...you can expect a continueing problem between not only Israel, but also the Christians vs the muslims, which will lead up eventually to the battle of Armagedion...We will soon realize that the survial of our economy, will blow into protection policies, to stop our wealth being exploited by other nations, the european union which will be our competiotor to contend with, I see our allies viewing the U.S. for some kind of reason to trust us once again for some kind value of trust.. watching us for some kind of diplomacy to use for a volitary world. China and other nations, even NAFTA trade agreements will be negoiated again. We will see roads, bridges and infrastructure getting much needed attention. we will see money invested in state, and local government needs. Heading for energy efficienies most needed for energy needs with hopefully finding a way to produce hydrogen energy cheap. Leaving behind deficiencies like Haliburton and other agencies incompetent handling of the Iraq war I see Iraq becoming a powerful nation with a strong economy, that the world will want to do business with her...I see the U.S Army only using a small force of air support, bases being far out from the populace. I predict abortion will cease, I see the moral republican party, step up to adopt and paying the mother to go ahead and have their children, they will adopt or place in their family all children that is to be aborted... I see the republicans as a moral and one to step up to the plate and pay for all the debt we have acumulated in the last 8 yrs. I belive the democrats will see this of the republican party, and a lot of hard feelings will diminish immediately and tax breaks will be initiated for their good deeds. and all preachers will be republican, in republican churches listening to republican preaching, and there will be no more division, any women now thinking of abortion report to the nearest republican outpost. anyone with finacial problems report there to, because we know republicans are rich nice people. do I think all predictions will happen? well its up to the republicans, they make no mistakes and are right on everything.....