Post Election Predictions

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dr. Chris

Re: Post Election Predictions

Post by Dr. Chris »

Tim: Dr Chris, where is my anger and rage? - Tony: You are delusional "Dr Chris".

Well Dudes, I think you both need to go back and read your own posts! Who’s delusional and needs counselling?

The three I was talking about is Robert Gates, Chuck Hagel and Mike Mullen. Gates {a Republican} will be there another year and then Hagel {a republican} will most likely replace him. Mullen {a Republican} is half way thru his term and because of the fact of what we are getting ready to do, he will serve another term. And he should, Mullen is the highest ranking officer in the United States Armed Forces with the wisdom and experience to back it up. Just look at his bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mullen

There is a story with Mullen from a few days ago that stated:

“Mullen, once a critic of Obama's plan to pull combat forces from Iraq in 16 months, said the Pentagon has already identified and practiced travel routes out of Iraq along exit routes through Turkey and Jordan”.

“The governments in those two bordering countries are U.S. allies, and Mullen said they support the withdrawal planning effort”

“Mullen said he is working to get as many troops into Afghanistan as quickly as possible and noted he's not surprised that Taliban leaders said this week that they would not entertain settlement talks with the Afghan government as long as foreign forces remained in the country”. Here is a link to this story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02244.html

And this is exactly what I am talking about, he is going to be there because he is the best and he should be there, and whether or not he is Republican or Democrat does not matter, it’s the fact that the best is needed and wanted. I never said that Obama was going to come in and make appointments that were 50 / 50 Democrats & Republicans. Is that what you were expecting? The right to put Democrats in office is what the election was all about. My point is, he will be open minded and rather to put ignorant and unqualified people in positions, he will choose to put the best in there even if it means crossing party lines, unlike Bush, McCain or most any others would be willing to do, Democrat or Republican. You go down the list of people that have been named. Half of them were encouraged to run for the presidency themselves because they are considered qualified for the job. The others are being picked because they are the best at what they do and have the most to offer. It’s certainly not because they are Obama’s friends. Some on this list were his absolute “political” enemies. He over looked that because of what they have to offer. And these three names or the list of “10” picks is not only what I was talking about. You’re trying to “nit-pick” and make something out of nothing. There is many other staff, aides and lower level appointments that are being and will be made that are both “connections” and “friends” that were faithful during the campaign but also people that are qualified from both parties. That’s part of politics. I am far from being “blinded” by the “Obama light”. I know that Obama is far from perfect, but so does he. Again, I will say that the stakes are very high. He knows he is the first “black” president. He knows that his “experience” is in question. He knows of the economy, military {wars} and of all the rest of the baggage that he has to take on with this position. He also knows that many are out there just waiting to “pounce” on him and say “I told you so” concerning any failures. But that’s my point, he will do anything and appoint anybody, regardless of party to have success, and his success is our success. This blindness that you guys have of “Republicans Only” and all Democrats are wrong, unqualified and evil is biased, ignorant and just wrong. And you’re wrong, officials from both sides, the Republican and the Democratic sides are praising Obama for his selections. Watch the news, read the paper and look it up on the net and hear it for yourself come straight from their mouths. This is not the Civil war. It’s not a war between the north and the south or the Republicans -vs- the Democrats. This is America and parties don’t matter “now that the election is over”. It’s all about what is best for us now and our future. Your “hate and rage” toward all Democrats and ignoring their talents or what they have to offer because of which party they are in is just biased and stupid on your part.

And Tony, you keep stretching the truth. What you are referring to is the question, does Obama support abortion rights? Yes he does in some circumstances and most do "in these circumstances". But not in the way you say he does. There are circumstances involved in “some” cases that you can’t ignore. Health risks, rape victims that cause life threatening situations. We are not talking about murdering babies because they are an inconvenience. We are talking about special circumstances. And you leave that part out. In the Illinois State Senate, he voted against a bill to ban late-term abortions; during the October 15, 2008 presidential debate, Obama expressed a willingness to support a ban on late-term abortions "as long as there's an exception for the mother's health and life." You continue to leave that part out! The bill that he voted against did not have the clause "as long as there's an exception for the mother's health and life." And that is why he voted against it. It’s not because he is a “baby killing machine” as you depict him to be. During an April 2007 Democratic debate, Obama said, "I trust women to make these decisions in conjunction with their doctors and their families and their clergy." At an April 2008 candidates' forum on faith and compassion, Obama said that "there is a moral dimension to abortion, which I think that all too often those of us who are pro-choice have not talked about or tried to tamp down." To reduce abortions, Obama advocates a comprehensive sex-education program in which both abstinence and contraception are priorities. He also says, "we should make sure that adoption is an option." Hear it in his own words from his mouth: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... ideosearch

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Dr. Chris, if one of the three is replacing the other, and that's not "FACT" yet, do you really count both of them? I guess so. You repeat the point I made in my previous posts. Obama can appoint who he wants. Just don't tell us he is reaching across the isle when your own "facts" contradict that statement. You admit in your most recent post that he will be appointing his friends/buddies to other key staff positions. Does that mean the "facts" will change or will you still continue your, rah rah Obama is reaching across the isle rhetoric? Obama will do well with blind followers such as you.

Keep singing his praises, he's done so much for this country already. You could wait until he does something of significance before you dub him a great president.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Dr Chris-Abortion is murder,period. You being the smooth Obama like talker you are you can try to explain it away but bottom line its MURDER. Search the facts and tell us how many Abortions are done for the reason of "the woman's health" and how many are done because they just don't want a baby. Also partial birth abortion is just sick. Your morals are warped and so are the Liberals that support abortion.Obama can say what he wants to convince weak minds like yours but his record speaks for its self he is pro abortion-didn't he say if one of his daughters made a mistake they shouldn't be "PUNISHED"with a baby. Your retoric on the war in Iraq is old and boreing and wrong.
Last edited by tommyg on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Dr. Chris,

I have been following your posts and they are very contradictory as Tony, Tim and Tommy have eluded.
I gave up trying convince you that you had blinders on long ago and there is no way in Hell that you will ever convince me or many others that Obama is going to be good for this country and will be a great president. His background alone is enough for me to never honor him without even considering his liberal position on just about everything that I hold dear. But, I do enjoy reading all this and find it quite interesting.
Bottom line, I have lost faith in the two party system and will be looking at a third party candidate going forward. The Constitution Party is one I need to do some further research on as well as a few others. I feel the Republicans and Democrats are one in the same these days controlled by the big money elite and CFR..... they are the ones who are pulling all the strings these days and have been for the last several decades. They own or control the media and Hollywood so they influence the naive hearts and mind of our youth to our elders. I truely believe we are approaching major revelations in days to come.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do." -- Senator Barack Obama, speaking to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, July 17, 2007

Kinda hard to say he doesnt support unrestricted abortion when he makes a statement like this dont you think "Dr Chris"??

Like I said, DELUSIONAL!!!

Oh and by the way, no matter how much you push his agenda here, no matter how much kool aid you drink, Obama isnt gonna thank you or appoint you ambassador to beagling or anything like that. Not gonna happen.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:Dr. Chris,

I have been following your posts and they are very contradictory as Tony, Tim and Tommy have eluded.
I gave up trying convince you that you had blinders on long ago and there is no way in Hell that you will ever convince me or many others that Obama is going to be good for this country and will be a great president. His background alone is enough for me to never honor him without even considering his liberal position on just about everything that I hold dear. But, I do enjoy reading all this and find it quite interesting.
Bottom line, I have lost faith in the two party system and will be looking at a third party candidate going forward. The Constitution Party is one I need to do some further research on as well as a few others. I feel the Republicans and Democrats are one in the same these days controlled by the big money elite and CFR..... they are the ones who are pulling all the strings these days and have been for the last several decades. They own or control the media and Hollywood so they influence the naive hearts and mind of our youth to our elders. I truely believe we are approaching major revelations in days to come.
DITTO!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

KesslerBeagles

Post by KesslerBeagles »

I know I don't post much but I enjoy reading all these posts. You guys have provoked me to think deeper about many issues. I really don't look at Dr. Chris as being contradictory, I think he has been consistant and has always "preached" the same message all along. I am not saying I agree with him "especially on abortion" but I don't see where he has been contradictory. Him along with a few others have brought up a lot of good points that make you think. But I fully agree with you "Pike Ridge" about looking into a third party. I saw a study where it said that 18% of Americans were hard core Democrats and 15% were hard core Republicans "towards this years canidates". 67% of the people of this nation voted for "the better of the two evils" because they really didn't like either choice but were forced to pick between the two. I think it would be hard for a third party because of the media and money. But a strong third choice is what I think is needed.

TC

Post by TC »

I think it would be hard for a third party because of the media and money. But a strong third choice is what I think is needed.
I have thought that way for YEARS as far as a Third party and have been a Constitutionalist for Quite Some time
They have a Few Things that i think are a little extreme Sure but they all did to start. lol
Your Big Quote above is what its all about!!!! MONEY and the MEDIA they control it all!!!!!!
The MEDIA decides WHO is gonna Win NOT the people!!!!!!! JMHO And MONEY controls the media
This Country Will get Tired of All the Rigamorol and Catch on Sooner or later!!! WELL we can Always HOPE.....
Now as Far as Dr. Chris I have to agree as much as it pains me....LOL
I have followed his post and have not Seen TO MANY places he has contradicted himself and He has opened up a lot of Discussion So its all Good in My Opinion. We have had our Disagreements but I can repect him..
I Can Also say i respect him for his Stance he has Stood By his party The whole time and i can Say i feel he honestly believes that Obama Will be Good for this nation.. I myself Do not hold that Same View but thats What makes this country Great aint it...
I honestly think that he Will be Good for the US in many Different Ways if Nothing Else he will Make Folks Stand up and pay attention to the Way this great nation has Fallen in on Itself and Bring the Weakness and Corruption of Government to Light.
We are in For Hard Times Folks its Gonna get Worse before it gets better....
BUT we Will SURVIVE We always have and always Will. Americans have Something that not many other Countries have
FREEDOM and we will not give that up Easily.
Obama Getting Elected may just shake things up a bit and make Folks Realize it aint all Peaches and Cream.......
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Some thoughts on this novel idea of a third party...

First off, I would like to say that while you can admire someone if you want to for sticking to what they seem to believe, if that person is sticking to ideas that are contrary to ideals and the foundations of liberty that we as a nation were founded on they are dead wrong. The idea of tolerance is what has gotten us to this point where we have an absolute communist for President of the greatest nation on the earth. We have tolerated ignorance, abortion, liberal spending(by both parties), intrusive government, laziness, crime, etc...the list could go on and on. Not to mention anathema's such as gay marriage.

I am for what is called conservative values. I think of them as right values, but they are called conservative by the rest of the world, so I will use that term. I believe that government isnt the answer, its the problem...its intrusive, too big, restrictive, drunk with spending and focused on getting too much of OUR money(please remember that government doesnt have ANY of its OWN money, its all ours). Liberals believe that government is the answer to ALL our problems, that if we just spend enough money a problem it will get solved, that individual rights are inferior to the rights of the collective. They believe that THEY, the elites of the liberals, are the ones best suited to dictate what we do with our lives. These are just SOME of the things that Obama espouses and WILL ultimately govern by. Dr Chris can get on this board and try to spin Obama as a centrist if he wants to, he is failing and will fail because thats too big of a lie for even him to try and tell. He gives examples of Republicans being proposed for Obama's cabinet...well big fat hairy deal. Chuck Hagel is the one he has already named, and while Hagel is a Republican, he is NOT A CONSERVATIVE. I dont vote for Republicans just because they are Republican, I TRY and vote for the Conservatives...voting for McCain was just the lesser of the evils, and was made more attractive by the addition of Sarah Palin (no pun intended, but she is attractive LOL). I voted against our Representative from Michigan because although he is a Republican, he is NOT A CONSERVATIVE. I voted Libertarian to try and send a message, I doubt it was heard though.

Now about a third party...the biggest thing against a viable third party is that no one with enough recognizable clout is willing to go out on a limb to be the standard bearer for it. Money has been blamed within this thread, but there are those out there with money that are in favor of a third party, yet lack direction because no one is willing to lead it. George Soros almost single handedly funds the liberals in the Democratic party...thats absolutely disgusting that ANYONE would sell out to a dirtbag like Soros...especially when they are selling out this country to keep getting his money. Soros has decided to warp the democrats instead of starting a viable third party because he knows a third party would fail. Its easier to change an existing set of ideas than to try and sell the country on another political wing. Communists have been infiltrating various institutions within this country for decades and have succeeded in areas of Education, Media and the Democrat Party. Because of this success, we now have Obama. A shell, empty suit of a man totally devoid of original ideas who is totally beholden to communists for his policies.

If we want a party that will espouse CONSERVATIVE values we have two choices...find someone willing to stake EVERYTHING to start a third party or try and reclaim the Republican party...either task is daunting but one of them needs to happen, and fast, if we are going to try and save this country from the damage that Obama IS going to do, not might do...

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Very well written Tony and I agree. When are you running for office? I'd vote for you. :D
I voted for McCain but was never real excited about him. Romney should have been the one running against Obama and I still feel that McCain never intended to win and he was in bed with the same players that I wrote about in my previous post. The same ones who were key in Obama winning. The entire election was a joke. So much media bias and crookedness (Acorn) going on that I fear many were so disgusted, felt such a since of hopelessness, or fear that they stayed home on election day. How a man with Obama's history ever became president of the USA baffles me to this very day. Well, at least I am over the bout of depression that I went through following the election. It's rabbit season and deer gun week follows Thanksgivivng here in Ohio and I have eleven days off in a row, go back to work for a few weeks then I am off until after the first of the year. God, I love this country. :lol:

TC

Post by TC »

Tony I agree With you to an Extint but Show me ANYWHERE in this Document Where the Things you are talking about are Granted Or Denied..

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

It Dont
The Constitution is based on the Will of the PEOPLE
Such as By the People For the People..
Now if the Majority of the PEOPLE Want Something bad enough then they can VOTE it into Existence unless it Directly Goes against the Constitution..
this is Where our GOVERNMENT has FAILED us...
They Seem to Think THEY know What is best For Everybody..
as an example Every State has a Constitution of its own.
In Some states No law can be passed that ratifies that States Constitution unless it is Voted on By the people
That is the Way The US constitution was ment to be.
Someplace along the Way WE THE PEOPLE GAVE UP THAT RIGHT or we let them take it away.....
Either way if this Country Does not get back to basics then it Will Fail.....and it will be US the People that Will need to put it back together again.....Can We???
Not So Sure Anymore Wont happen in My lifetime I am Sure....
it Will Take all to TEACH the things we have lost.....
Here is a good place to Start.
http://www.theccponline.com/
Americans have been conditioned to believe it is the governments responsibility to provide for the welfare of all whom live within it's borders, be they citizens, resident aliens, or illegal aliens. We have been indoctrinated into a culture where big government is the norm. A culture where, through executive departments and federal agencies, the federal government manages and controls every aspect of our society. We CANNOT continue to live in this manner.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Tony I agree With you to an Extint but Show me ANYWHERE in this Document Where the Things you are talking about are Granted Or Denied..

What "things I am talking about" are you referring to?? I will try to answer if I can understand your question better...I am a strict constitutionist...I do NOT believe its a living document like liberals like to claim that it is, I believe its a stand alone blueprint that needs no tweaking or wacky interpretations...like this so called right to health care. Not in the Constitution therefore its not a right. At least not the way Libs want it to be interpreted...you have the right to free speech, you DO NOT have the right to be HEARD or listened to...

Tony

TC

Post by TC »

bluegrass wrote:Tony I agree With you to an Extint but Show me ANYWHERE in this Document Where the Things you are talking about are Granted Or Denied..

What "things I am talking about" are you referring to?? I will try to answer if I can understand your question better...I am a strict constitutionist...I do NOT believe its a living document like liberals like to claim that it is, I believe its a stand alone blueprint that needs no tweaking or wacky interpretations...like this so called right to health care. Not in the Constitution therefore its not a right. At least not the way Libs want it to be interpreted...you have the right to free speech, you DO NOT have the right to be HEARD or listened to...

Tony
if that person is sticking to ideas that are contrary to ideals and the foundations of liberty that we as a nation were founded on they are dead wrong. The idea of tolerance is what has gotten us to this point where we have an absolute communist for President of the greatest nation on the earth. We have tolerated ignorance, abortion, liberal spending(by both parties), intrusive government, laziness, crime, etc...the list could go on and on. Not to mention anathema's such as gay marriage.
Tony I reread your post a few times and I get the Gist of Where your Coming from the Areas I was talking about were those of Abortion! Ignorance! Laziness! and i Misread where you Said TOLERANCE is what has Gotten us to the point we are.
And I AGREE!!!
Just gotta be more Careful Of What I read before I type after a 10 hour graveyard shift LOL

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

:)

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I agree TC and Tony but I think you are wasting your time talking facts and common sense to Dr. Chris and a few more of these folks.
Dr. Chris is an expert at copy and paste and taking what someone says as the gospel rather than examining their record and identifying it for what it is.
I think Dr. Robert Gates is an independent and not a republican.

The election part is over so time will tell what the future holds but Dr. Chris or anyone else will not fool me with smoke and mirrors. If Obama had a clue how to handle what he has gotten into he wouldn't be appointing most of Clintons people to tell him what they think he should do.

Here is some change for you. Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton.