Palin not ready to lead country

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dr. Chris

Palin not ready to lead country

Post by Dr. Chris »

Posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 12:05 pm

America has seen from the Bush Administration what happens when we vote unqualified authoritative figures into government office.

We must remember to vote for the candidate who has American’s best interest on Nov. 4. We need a president who will not lie to the American people or deceive us on significant matters affecting us. Most of all, we need a president who is well versed and knowledgeable on social, political, economic and a host of other issues.

Being in favor of a presidential candidate also means supporting their pick for vice president because they will assume the role of commander-in-chief should the president be unable to serve. Barack Obama’s choice of Joe Biden was a well thought-out and careful process. Obama picked someone who is one of the nation’s most influential voices on terrorism, drug policy and crime. Biden has worked in the U.S. Senate for more than 30 years and is recognized as a leader in foreign policy. However, the same level of credentials cannot be bestowed to John McCain’s pick, Sarah Palin.

The Republican Party knew what they were trying to accomplish when they probably coached McCain on whom to pick for his running mate., The Republican Party needed an advantage to get the Hilary Clinton supporters to back McCain since Obama didn’t pick her as his running mate. So McCain picked a woman. However, he picked someone who is not ready to tackle the responsibility of what it takes to be vice president or could not fill the role of the highest office.

Palin’s lack of qualifications has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman or a mother. She simply has not studied the major issues affecting America.

CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric asked Palin a question concerning McCain during a recent interview.

“Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more examples of his leading the charge for more oversight,” she asked. Palin couldn’t go into depth or give specific examples of what her running mate would do.

The Washington Times reports during the vice presidential debate Thursday that Palin criticized a version of a Obama health care plan that doesn’t even exist. Also, during the debate she said “the United States has reduced its troop level in Iraq to a number below where it was when the troop increase began in early 2007.” This is incorrect because the Pentagon said there are currently 152,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, about 17,000 more than before the 2007 military buildup began.

I give Palin credit for coming thus far and holding her own like Geraldine Ferraro (the first woman candidate for the vice presidency of a major political party). However, Palin cannot expect to keep dodging hard-hitting questions and issues for four years and hide behind her famous word of McCain being a “maverick.”

The role of vice president is important, and we should support someone who has the experience, capability and knowledge of what it takes to hold the second highest-ranking executive position. A couple of jabs at Obama-Biden, and a heartfelt smile won’t cut it.

oakhill

Re: Palin not ready to lead country

Post by oakhill »

:roll: I hate to be the one who says this, Dr Chris..... But this is the same ole stuff that Obama keeps bombarding the airways with and just like him you are FOS!!!!! :biggrin:
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

"...they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them..." - Obama

"Religion is the Opium of the masses." - Marx

-----

"...how do we integrate the country and the globe?" - Obama (interview with Charlie Rose 2004)

"Workers of the World, Unite!" - Marx and Engels

-----

"...when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." - Obama

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." -- Marx

"nuff said...

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Collins Country

Post by Collins Country »

Palin is far more qualified than the demacratic candidate for president! at least she is governing!
Robert Collins
Eubank, KY
606-383-2767

http://collinscountryky.tripod.com/

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Biden has worked in the U.S. Senate for more than 30 years and is recognized as a leader in foreign policy. However, the same level of credentials cannot be bestowed to John McCain’s pick, Sarah Palin.
Crap like this makes my brain bleed. So 30 years experience in the senate is the basis for confidence for the Dem's pick of Vice President step-in if their non-experienced President takes a dirt nap. If a long senate career is what inspires confidence in them, why not just cut to the chase and elect McCain with his 20+ years in the senate and his LIFETIME of serving this country? Sounds to me like they expect Obama would need replacing before McCain would.

The Dems have been comparing apples to oranges this entire campaign. Hammering about how Palin doesn't have experience, yet their PRESIDENTIAL candidate has had even less than Palin. LOL. They are livin' in denial, I tell ya. They claim to want change - that McCain and his senate experience is just more of the same, but Biden's 30 years is somehow change? *shakes head*

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

Amen Bev
People just ask yourself this question
Do you think John McCain would give his life for you? My Answer is Yes he proved it by going to war for my family and being a POW

Obama LOL Yea right :bash: come on people how could you even consider this Guy yea he is a Liar and not even a good one
thats all i see on tv is Obama this Obama that wonder why the Media isnt giving McCain the same coverage
I will Vote for the Christian Man that doesnt want to take my rights from me KEEP ON HUNTING
IN GOD WE TRUST
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I WONDER HOW SARAH LIE-LIN WOULD HAVE DID IF SHE WENT THROUGH THE PRIMARY AGAINST MIT ROMNEY,RUDY,MCCAIN.MIKE THE HUCK-A-BEE,AND THE REST SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN SPANKED AND SENT HOME TO ALASKA WHERE SHE IS TRYING TO SUSCEED FROM THE UNION.I DON'T THINK SHE COULD WORK A DRIVE THROUGH AT MCDONALDS..AND NO MCCAIN WOULD NOT GIVE HIS LIFE FOR YOU HE MIGHT LET YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE FOR HIM.NO POLITICIAN EXCEPT MCCAIN COULD EVER LIE,, LIKE- SARAH LIE-LIN,WOMEN AND REPUBLICANS BY THE THOUSANDS ARE RUNNING FROM HER ........
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Pine Mt I think you just made the case for Joe Bidens incompetance look how he faired in the primarys I don't think she would have done any worse than he has done a couple of times. Biden can't do any kind of speaking appearance without lying or saying something utterly stupid after 30 years of practice.

I think she at least as the campiagn continues is doing better in interveiws and doing many more than the other 3 are and becoming more comfortable discussing the issues. Ithink she has already passed Biden given 30 years no telling how well she'd do.

Obama is a lier with questionable ties and Biden an idiot. When they get asked tough questions they just boycott that interviewer.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I THINK SHE IS GETTING MUCH BETTER AT LIEING.THEY HAD THE MUZZLE ON FOR ABOUT 5 WEEKS BUT SHE IS GETTING THE FEEL OF IT BACK HER FAMILY SAY'S SHE IS A NATURAL BORN LIER.HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY RUN FROM HER.WE ALL KNOW THAT.....
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Collins Country

Post by Collins Country »

How do we know that?

As far a obama, he is rthe one that cant tell the truth, the way you tell if he is a lying is his mouth moves.
Robert Collins
Eubank, KY
606-383-2767

http://collinscountryky.tripod.com/

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

What a sorry pair you and the Doc make Pine Mtn.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

TC

Post by TC »

21 Reasons Why Sarah Palin Should NOT be Elected Vice-President of the United States :
1) She is a Woman.

2) She does not believe in killing babies, born or unborn.

3) She is NOT endorsed by Susan Sarandon, Jane Fonda, Rosie O'Donnell, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Geraldine Ferrara, Barbara Walters, Helen Thomas, Ellen DeGeneris, Ted Kennedy, Keith Olberman, Chris Matthews, Barbra Streisand, David Letterman, or others who fervently believe in a Woman's Right to Choose (to kill babies)..

4) She is married to a Foreigner--a species called 'Native American'--meaning her five children are half-breeds.

5) She has on more than one occasion expressed PRIDE in the United States of America .

6) Unlike decent, self-respecting Democrats everywhere, she has a 17-year-old daughter who became pregnant out of wedlock.

7) She is a member of the American Riflemen's Association / actually owns firearms / and knows how to use them.

8) She has killed a moose, among other animals--and spreads the propaganda that it is hunters, through their license fees, that keep American wildlife from becoming extinct.

9) She often does her own grocery and other household shopping.

10) She drives a car, rides a Harley, and flies a plane.

11) She chose to give birth to a defective child, rather than allow a skilled Abortion Doctor to kill it for her.

12) She refuses to apologize for seeking the termination of an Alaskan State Trooper just because he applied a gentle taser to his 12-year-old stepson (who, of course, happened to be Gov. Palin's nephew).

13) She is inexperienced. And she refuses to admit that her duties as the chief executive in the State of Alaska are nowhere near equal to those of a public servant who was once a Community Organizer, or that of a United States Senator who has carried the awesome burden of overseeing a staff of political appointees.

14) She has a son who is in the U.S. . Military, deployed to the Persian Gulf --probably making her prejudiced against all the peaceful Muslims in that part of the world.

15) She is on Oprah Winfrey's 'Do Not Invite' list.

16) She professes to be a Christian, but has no 'Spiritual Adviser'-- even though Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who served Sen. Obama in that capacity for 20 years, is now available.

17) She isn't really a 'beauty queen,' as advertised. She was only the runner-up in the Miss Alaska Contest; and Alaska is not a very populous state, anyway.

18) The Obama-Biden ticket is favored over McCain-Palin, 80% to 20%, by our friendly allies in France .

19) Her children are not properly trained in hygiene. (Did you see her 7-year-old daughter shamelessly lick the entire palm of her hand at the Convention, then use it to slick down the hair of her little brother?)

20) She is of mixed English, German, and Irish ancestry--and you KNOW you can't trust the Limey's, Krauts, or Micks.

21) Back to No. 1: This is the one that really galls modern, liberal 'feminists.' Gov. Palin is a Woman, a female-type wife and mother, who shaves her legs, wears makeup, dresses smartly, often cooks meals for her family, doesn't give a hoot about the National Organization for Women or the all-powerful Teachers Unions--and obviously will never, ever fit in as a member of the Washington Elite.

Do we want a person like this to be the Vice President of the Unites States?

You darn betcha !!!

Thanks Jack ;) ;)
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Chief Long Hair, I know you aren't posting, but if you're still reading, please pay particularly close attention to #12. She had every right...no...she had a RESPONSIBILITY to have that officer terminated (and the officer who refused to terminate him after being given the orders), regardless of who that officer was. My unarmed 27-year-old son was tasored by two donut-suckers from 15 feet away, and then clubbed with an electric wand at close range. All he had done was get out of his car as asked, and didn't even have both feet out yet. The last thing he remembered before waking up face down on the concrete was trying to pull those things out of his chest that were electrocuting him. (They called that part "resisting arrest") They'd stopped him and arrested him for suspected DUI, but lost the case when his attorney requested the police tapes, and they conveniently didn't have any from the FOUR cars involved. He never took a breath analysis, nor did they draw blood after he was taken downtown. He wasn't speeding -- he was leaving a Taco Bell drive-thru.

A friend of the family who does double duty as a police officer and a press operator said most likely the younger cops were looking for a reason to try out their new toys. I have my son's account about how it felt to be tasored, and it was anything but gentle; I can't imagine what it felt like for a 12-year-old.

There are plenty more just like them that need to be fired, and no disrespect to anyone here who may be officers of the law, but y'all have some of the worst criminals out there right within your own ranks. Good for Sarah to clean house.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

She was CLEARED of any wrongdoing...but of course the libs never really cared...all they wanted was the issue to use against her.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"