Who ever is elected, we must back! Divided we all fall

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Re: Who ever is elected, we must back! Divided we all fall

Post by S.R.Patch »

Bev wrote:
As for the rhymes,
Sorry children, no spoon feeding today, you'll have to figure it out on your own.
You might want to reconsider calling us children, Charles, seeing how you are probably younger than half the people posting here, lol. I don't spend much time trying to figure out your parables, and other literary fogs. I simply don't want to work that hard for someone else's opinion. I figure if it can't be written clearly and concisely, then it's probably cloaked for a reason.

It's not a bad way to operate, though. Nobody can hold you to anything you've said because you haven't really said anything. :cool:
The term "spoon fed children" was used as a metaphor for those wanting everything spelled out for them and was only used in response to the statement that the voter turn-out and the result was from mentally challenged voters, it was no insinuation of my seniority to anyone.
Most times if someone's opinion matter so little, one does not bother to respond.
barnold1 wrote:Actually, the head of the UAW is sitting in on the begfest, which is the root of the problem. They want to point the finger at the executives, but the companies are losing billions a quarter and executive pay isn't that high. Years of gluttony by the union has caught up to them and the union "cuts" as you mentioned were targeted at the future rank and file and not those currently empowered to vote, right?

Kind of like all the old geezers that are anti-republican because they didn't save anything for the golden years and don't want anybody jacking with their social security, even though the fraud has been exposed and the writing's on the wall that us youngsters are at their mercy.

Oh well, it looks like you (Patch) at least have good taste in rabbit guns (Franchi 620). Of course, if the democraps get their way, this is a semi-auto and therefore should be banned, right?
B, you and I must be reading to different stories. Maybe you could post how low these Executive pays are?
The "old Geezers" may be a bit bitter because all their savings have been wiped out by the Co's recklessness. You being a "youngster", you have time on your side, the old geezers don't. I have saved all my life, the only reason my head above water is because of my grandmother and the lessons she taught me. People are the sum of their experience and environment, the same as today, some people save for tomorrow and others live for today. Those old geezers are no different, Im sure many got caught up in the "good times" and quit saving or invested in things that bubbled and popped just as many others did.
" Years of gluttony by the union has caught up to them and the union "cuts" as you mentioned were targeted at the future rank and file and not those currently empowered to vote, right?"
This is funny to hear because one fellow says the Union is holding him back and another says, the Union is gluttonous. Nothing I can say is going to matter on hill of beans to anyone, so what say we let this play out and see how this goes? This is much bigger than any of us and fighting amongst ourselves doesn't help anything, I will wager you this, there's much more to come that will test our metal. Watch the chapter 11 filings go up now, they see now that the Christmas Season is not going to save them, the tsunami broadens. Count the number of Co's going down that have no Unions to drag them under, what could be the "root" of their problem?
Good luck to all...

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

The MEDIA hired Obama as far as i am concerned. They crucified President Bush. This country is in deep deep doo....Romney would have been best for the economy and at least McCain is a patriot and has CHARACTER and is not a racist like Obama. I will just try to endure him and enjoy watching HIM take all of the pressure and go grey.... :roll:

His woman makes me want to barf though. :mad2:

His little girls are adorable and OFF LIMITS and the only good thing about this new administration as far as I am concerned. :(
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Its really sad that alot of people will not support or give this man a chance.If he was a real good ball player in any sport that you like alot of people would kiss his @@s to be on the team.I will support this man the next 4 years like I did Bush in the last 8.

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

In stating executive pay isn't "that high" I meant that it alone can't shoulder all the excuse as to why the performance of these companies suck.

And for the people that chose to live it up instead of saving for the future, it shouldn't be up to the younger generations to try and cover for them while they they also face not getting in the same boat. Accountability should rule here....
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

B, I can only give you one excuse that comes from personal experience. The good times brought on the fever for "keeping up with the Jones" big time. If your a youngster, I'll bet your mom and pop made sure you played in sports, had nice in style clothes to wear and a bike or car to drive... ;)
The bigest drain on my bank account was putting two kids through college, something I never did, but mom and pop would have done what was necessary if I'd needed. That $100,000 would have been handy in the 401 account today but college paper is required now like GED was when I started and everone wants their kids to have better than they did or at least the same chance. I'll bet you alot of these old geezers money went on raising kids and keeping up with the Jones so mom and the kids could hold their heads up high. Just a thought from one of the old geezers... ;)

ps...I'm with you tho...I think all these old geezers should be thrown out and spend the rest of their days on a park bench somewhere wondering where they went wrong... :lol:

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

I can tell you where it all went wrong...in the 1960's! I'm Glad I was just a baby and my mother was not a hippie chick drug addict free loving freak or maybe I'd be one of these "oatmeal for brains" liberals too.
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:I can tell you where it all went wrong...in the 1960's! I'm Glad I was just a baby and my mother was not a hippie chick drug addict free loving freak or maybe I'd be one of these "oatmeal for brains" liberals too.
I thought they were the reason we enjoy so much peace, love and unity today. :kiss:
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

This youngster made the decision to put myself through college and I graduated with more in student loans than my first salary :shock:. But I had the ambition to make it happen and achieve something, leaving me with even less desire to "spread the wealth" to the frickin slackers with their hands out.

Now when I choose to help my kids with college (but no free rides), that will be MY choice in spreading MY wealth. I've always believed the second generation of financial success can turn out good because they can still appreciate where it came from, but around the third generation is where they start getting screwed up and turning liberal because they haven't had to earn anything and don't realize where it comes from. So they get the brainfart notion that life is unfair and they need to "help the unfortunate." That's why I plan on controling from the grave :twisted:
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

TC

Post by TC »

This site keeps an eye on what is going on legislatively to local laws being enacted, some of you maybe interested in what is in the works.

http://www.grassfire.org/111/petition.a ... ID=7114085
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be