Here is the gun control Obama wants

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

green river

Re: Here is the gun control Obama wants

Post by green river »

Dr. Chris wrote:
bluegrass wrote:Dr Chris, your attempt was as feeble as Pine Mountain - he has been exposed as have all other garbage liberals - They want to take away ALL guns from EVERY citizen in this country - they will do in increments and this is just the first step - Clinton knew it had gone as far as it was gonna go...not so now with Pelosi and the rest of the liberal trash running things - there will be a little knock on your door. Obama's Civilian Security Force will be politely asking you to turn in all your guns or face arrest and prosecution as a domestic terrorist
Feeble? In one year, guns were used to kill 0 “children” in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. See the problem? There were 30,694 total deaths “by a gun” in the U.S., 633 law enforcement officers were feloniously killed by a gun in America. A handgun was the murder weapon in 78% of the fatal incidents. Over the same period of time, rifles killed 106 officers and shotguns killed 35 officers. A total of 253 of those 633 law enforcement officers were killed while equipped with body armor. You are going to sit there and honestly tell me that you don’t think that there needs to be something done to keep guns out of the wrong hands? Go explain your argument to those parents, wives, husbands and family members of those that had to come home to the news of a loved one being gunned down that day. A gun ban? I am against! An attempt to keep guns out of the wrong hands? I am for! It can be done without crossing the line of infringing on hunters rights, and that is what they are trying to do. A total gun ban will never happen. This is not the government’s goal. Tony, your phone is not tapped, your house is not under surveillance, your car has not been bugged and the government is not out to get everybody’s guns so they can turn us all into obedient slaves and put some of us into gas chambers. Your insults? Your extremist views, comments and blowing things out of proportion? They just prove your ignorance and suggest that you have been to 1 too many Skin Head or KKK meetings.

I'd like to see the percentage of the people that were killed by guns, were shot with guns that were bought legally. Criminals don't care where their guns come from.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

:?:
Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Tim, the obvious answer is NO, Dr Chris does NOT see the commonality is criminals...he has an agenda and either refuses or is too stupid to see that the guy he wanted to get elected sooooooo badly is exactly the kind of gun grabber that many people knew he was. He loves to cite stats that support his viewpoint but will leave out anything that is contrary to it. That isnt an open minded person, that is a partisan. He claims that total gun bans will NEVER happen...what does he have to back up that statement??? NOTHING. There are lawmakers in Congress right now who's stated goals are the total elimination of private gun ownership. They are Liberal, Democrats and are in the Majority to boot. The ONLY thing working against them is they do not have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. However we do not have many real Conservatives left with the spine to fight them over this. Simply because its incremental in its implementation it will succeed and if it does, its the beginning of the end of private gun ownership in this country. There are those in Australia and England that have been screaming warnings to us here in the US, but with the Liberal media we haven't been able to hear or read what they have said.

No, Dr Chris, I dont think my car is bugged, I know no one is listening on my phone and I think skinheads and the KKK are some of the biggest morons and jackasses on the planet. But, I also dont have my head up Obama's arse like you do and I am able to think independently of the party line and dont repeat the talking points of the day coming out of the Daily Kos, Democratic Underground and the like. I would like you to tell me how just banning guns will keep them out of the hands of criminals??? Here is a newsflash for you. CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW THE LAW, THATS WHAT MAKES THEM CRIMINALS.

Banning ANY gun is absolutely NOT an attempt to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It IS an attempt to keep guns out of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS' HANDS. Why can I say that??? Because only law abiding citizens will follow the law. DUH!!!

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Tim H & bluegrass, so your answer to all of this is do nothing? Because of a paranoia false fear of having an all gun ban, you do nothing about the problems at hand? That’s just unrealistic and stupid. Bluegrass you live in Michigan, go to Detroit and go on a ride-along with a police officer. The officer will tell you sometimes it’s not the big bad criminals that they are always worried about. It’s the 14 year old kid that has a gun in his pocket that he took to the skating rink with him incase he got caught selling pot. And it’s the degenerate piece of garbage parent in many cases that not only gives the kid the gun, but the pot too. I suggest you get out of you little safe zones that you live in and get a dose of “real life” happenings. Tim H, I totally agree with everything you said in your post, I know it is the criminal but we have to start somewhere. There has to be laws past “purposely”, to when they are violated they can be put away for good and not have the second chance to kill with a gun. And just because there are more weapons used to kill with than guns, do we say “we are over whelmed, there are too many weapons” and give up and do nothing? Again, I am against any gun bans. You say that is what this is. I say that there will be amendments to it, not to violate hunter’s rights. But I think that you guys believing that the Government’s whole goal is to “take all guns from all Americans” is wrong. They “the majority” are just trying to make a step against people that abuse guns, nothing more. Saying that guns kill people is like blaming the pencil when you flunk the test. But nevertheless, something has to be done, you can’t just do nothing. Let me ask you both something, what would you do? What kind pf proposal would you make that would help attempt take guns out of the wrong hands and not violate the rights of hunters?

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

The Second Amendment has nothing to do with "hunter's right." It has to do with citizens protecting themselves from a tyrannical government.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

The officer will tell you sometimes it’s not the big bad criminals that they are always worried about. It’s the 14 year old kid that has a gun in his pocket that he took to the skating rink with him incase he got caught selling pot.

Dr Chris, with this very statement you PROVE the ignorance of banning guns from LAW ABIDING CITIZENS...this is not a big bad criminal as you say, but a CRiMINAL NONTHELESS. A loser selling pot carrying an illegal pistol. Definition of a criminal and the very reason that guys like you and I should NOT BE DISARMED. Dont come on here crying that "they are only trying to do SOMETHING"....waaaaaaaaa :cry:

Doing the wrong thing just to be doing something is nothing. Try PUNISHING lawbreakers, not just recycling them through a penal system that is bloated and handcuffed by do nothing policies which say that the criminals have more rights than the victims. Stop slapping punks on the darn hands when they commit a crime, expand capital punishment to include crimes against children, rape and assaults with deadly weapons with intent to kill, that sort of thing. But thats an anathema to you libs since you always want to UNDERSTAND why a criminal does what he or she does instead of just getting rid of those that need gotten rid of. You dont keep criminals from committing crimes with guns UNLESS YOU GET RID OF ALL GUNS. And that is the goal isnt it "Dr Chris"?????

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Dr. Chris, you need a therapist. :roll:
Dr. Chris wrote:Tim H & bluegrass, so your answer to all of this is do nothing? Because of a paranoia false fear of having an all gun ban, you do nothing about the problems at hand? That’s just unrealistic and stupid. Tim H, I totally agree with everything you said in your post,
Am I stupid and paranoid or do you agree with me? Maybe you agree with me and you're paranoid and stupid as well? :lol:
Dr. Chris wrote:Again, I am against any gun bans. You say that is what this is.
It is not ME saying it is a ban. Read the bill, I didn't author it.
This Act may be cited as the `Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007'.
Emphasis added by me to help you see where in the Act it is actually in the name of the Act.

These were not the discussions we were having before the election. Those discussions were telling us about how Obama would not ban any guns but was really a pro gun guy. Of course anyone at that time that said Obama was going to ban guns was just exaggerating and giving the party line. Why has the discussion now become, why we should agree with these gun bans that weren't going to happen. Welcome to the Obama world where reality is just a distraction.
Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:The Second Amendment has nothing to do with "hunter's right."
You are wrong. "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The second amendment says that I have the right to keep and bear arms and that right shall not be infringed.
Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:It has to do with citizens protecting themselves from a tyrannical government.
The Supreme Court has ruled on that issue and that argument has been struck down.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Show me in writing where that the 2nd Amendment is no longer about the right to bear arms as the forefathers laid it out.
Show me where it is about a hunting?
:lol:

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Pike Ridge reread my last post and think about the word "people", would that not include hunters? Then read the word "infringe" and think about what that means, then try reading the second amendment and see if it clicks for you that the forefathers did not exclude hunters from the right to bear arms and that it shall not be infringed.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Then I guess we are not disagreeing. I was just implying that the forefathers were looking at a bigger picture than just hunting. Of course, we have the right to hunt...but the 2nd is much more encompassing. Dr. Chris keeps writing about the 2nd as if it only has to do with hunting rights, which is not the case. We have the right to protect ourselves against criminals and a tyrranical govt. At least that is what I have always felt the 2nd was primarily about. Of coursse, I realize in recent history the liberal media and lawyers have tried to pervert the constitution in more ways than one.
Anyways, together we stand....divided we fall. Hunters, sportsmen/women, must stand together or we will fall together.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Right then, I thought you point was exclusionary and we both agree the right to bear arms includes "the people" which, even though some may not agree that some hunters are people, they too are included. :)

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:BLUE GRASS
AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES I 'AM NOT A LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE I 'AM INDEPENDENT,
PINE MT BEAGLES
In my book claiming to be INDEPENDENT is just being a phoney democrat...a sheeple in sheeples clothing. Doesn't fool anyone.

How about that pick of Leon Panetta for head of the CIA?? Now that is giving a Pussy a PitBulls job :loser:

I have tried to give Obama the benefit of doubt but he is already showing that he is a :bozo: and now he may choose a LABRADOODLE as the first dog...good GRIEF! :roll:
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

:?:
Last edited by Pine Mt Beagles on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

In the famous words of achie bunker about crimmals shooting folks (would you feel better if they were pushed out a window). This country needs to get the lawyers out of washington and enforce the laws we had and not continue to write new ones to over ride common sense. Our country is being raped by our goverment and big business, and After they have run this country in the ground they want us tax payers to bail them out. I say make them accountible for their actions, jail time and huge fines. As far as our new president beware cause if you give him a inch he will want a mile.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:REPUBLICAN --,DEMOCRAT,JUST A BUNCH OF NARROW MINDED IDIOTS .

Some might think the following statement is narrow minded.
Pine Mt Beagles wrote:INDEPENDENTS
ARE ABOUT THE ONLY AMERICANS LEFT
If someone doesn't agree with you then they aren't Americans anymore.